Official Seekers Discussion Thread

Lydia Trebond

I accidentally drew because it let me go into battle with zero HP (because of Snowie + a wheel). I had another tab opened and double-checked -- it really was already at 0. I could have used my bag of healing dust, but I was too impatient with the lag to notice. Oops. Yay for embarrassing BD stats!

I think the extra wins will count towards the team score if not the individual score. I only battled to get my daily loot, and then I've been trying to even up my wins against everyone, completing challenges as I get them (making sure I check the stats page after every battle to increase my chances of getting one). But so far I've only had 2 today.

I haven't got any faction challenges yet :(

I wish they would announce the new tier of battles already. Sort of tired of the one-hit wins.

I haven't either, makes me rather sad.

Does anyone know if refreshing the page would increase my chances?

I love professor's quotes: "I do miss afternoon tea with my Hoggir. *sigh* Soon, all of this will be just another page in the history books..." Yes, every time I'm involved in a war, I always miss my tea.

The coldest winter I ever lived through, was one summer we spent testing cold water pilot survival gear and air to sea pilot rescues up in the Aleutians. Lovely base, built during WWII I believe they'd upgraded by.,.,.hmmm,..,. I don't think it had been upgraded since WW II.

Dear child, I can assure you that I greatly missed my brewed coffee, hot tea and bourbon. Missed my sweetee some too, but mainly the coffee.

I think refreshing might increase your chances, but TNT has changed its tone on refreshing for things. What I do is have the battledome and obelisk pages open in separate tabs, and I'll refresh once (or thrice) at the obelisk page to check my stats while I'm battling. I also make sure to exit each battle since the challenges don't show up on the battle pages.

I just noticed that according to the news, the next wave will start sometime on Sunday! (Maybe midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning?) Yay! I'm not going to be home much tomorrow, so that suits me just fine. I'll at least get my dailies in, but the later waves will matter more, I think.

I already keep them open in separate tabs but I will take your advice. BTW when I say refresh, I only mean a couple times... I would be devastated if TNT busted me for something. So I try my best not to do anything wrong. Although I did type grapes in a neomail once ; Never. Again. But I digress...

Thanks for the exiting tip, it never occurred to me to do that. Silly me and my impatience. Here's to hoping I get a challenge! :)

Yeah, I've gotten most of my challenges on the BD page by exiting rather than on the obelisk page. But its been hours since I've gotten one (not that I'm trying that hard), so I may not have the best advice.

Grapes? Oh. I spent 15 minutes because of "accumulated" once. Another time it was the word "kill" (in the context of someone killing prices or some such) -- "murder" was okay. TNT won't bust you for inadvertently setting off the filters, but they do monitor everything that's said in NM -- my friend got warned for referencing drinking (not binge-drinking; he works as a bartender).

I had to use my second neopet for the head thingy... my main pet cannot wear anything as it is mutated...

Odd. I apparently got it without doing anything with headgear. My only pet is invisible, so I've nowhere to hang a hat, but I got the achievement almost immediately. It's possible that I used a helmet-type weapon in a fight, but I don't recall doing so, and had no reason to use it against such weak opponents.

Does anyone else keep thinking of the mermaids' song from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because of our faction name?

Come seek us where our voices sound;

We cannot sing above the ground.

And while you're searching, ponder this:

We've taken what you'll sorely miss.

An hour long you'll have to look

And to recover what we took.

But past an hour, the prospect's black:

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.”

The lag is killing me. Expellibox won't load; I couldn't pick up my black worm because I couldn't load the required 2 pages in less than 5 minutes (or any other worm besides 1, for that matter). I think I'm making the lag worse by doing things in 5 different tabs, and I'm still spending most of my time elsewhere waiting for all the pages to load.

So far it's still bug-squashing for me. I hope I don't get a timed faction challenge because I suspect I'd fail it.

I have wasted so much time today awaiting a challenge. Here it is night, and still no challenges. I'm switching back and forth from battledome to headquarters, but nothing. Tad irksome my droogies, just a tad irksome.

I say, I think I missed tea time because of this spot of bother.

I finally got a challenge at ~35 wins or so. Then I got a timed challenge of 6.2 minutes and finished it with 4 minutes to spare. The lag was pretty nail-biting, but it'd gotten much better by the time I got the challenge.

My pet is such a good Seeker; she decided the lab ray should turn her Tyrannian today so she'd blend in better during battles.

Thanks for that tip; I've managed to get a faction challenge before each battle so far today (I'm on my third-ninth battles now, and 3rd challenge).

How are the other Seekers doing? Anyone need any help? We can outwit the rest, even if we can't out-strength them.

Aaargh, I had just about given up, I must have refreshed hundreds of times yesterday, but I do have a very slow connection. Finally, finally on the second day (which I am sure will keep me from winning the really good prizes) I get one. If I could have lodged a complaint with neopets I would have.

BTW, battle pet can just win using only "An icicle" so I hope she can make it all the way through the war. For three Alt Strength Potions I could get to next boost, or make it to 500 hp training until then (next boost is 550 str)

P.S How is everyone on weapons?

Ready for the next wave already. I suppose I should try to even up my wins. I feel like a bit of a slacker; I have 65 wins for each opponent in the first wave, but only 13-28 for the second (the thieves are scared to challenge me). I'm still squishing them in a single hit (four times over) with my HCC on mighty, so I'll pull my weight more in the later waves. Assuming we all get to fight later waves. But I should probably still do a bit more now.

I didn't have enough time to prepare my main battling Neopet due to RL circumstances and man, Hedgewitch is kicking my butt but just barely (I defeated Roadside Bandit and Charming Subversive, and haven't gone after the other two yet after being defeated by them once). Sometimes she has one point left before she knocks my poor Neopet out. :( Now I really want to beat her but it looks like I need to train up Indigrodo for his levels and his endurance in order to beat her. In the meantime, I'll just stick with the minions and get some of the stuff while I train him up a bit.

Feel like a bit of a bother for the Seekers, I'm the worst combatant ever.