Neopets superstitions?

ehoffy

I was just wondering if any of you guys have any weird neopets superstitions. For instance, whenever I go to Coltzan's Shrine, I always make sure I have no NP on hand. I think when I was like nine or ten I was convinced that if I had no NP on hand Coltzan would feel sorry for me or something and give me a better prize, haha. Now, even though I know on-hand NPs have nothing to do with the outcome of the shrine, I still do it. Am I the only one who does weird stuff like this??

When I spin the wheels, I always click on the very edge of the wheel, because I once read that if you do not hover your mouse over the wheel of excitement, results would be better. That was before the renovations, and if it was ever true, it probably isn't anymore. But MAYBE it is! Not that I have much luck with the wheels...

I always start my dailies the same way - Tombola, Geraptiku, Krawk Island, Lost Desert and Fearieland. Because of my timezone and schedule, I am often free to do my dailies at 3am NST. This happens to be when the Tombola guy is out for breakfast or whatever. I refuse to skip the Tombola and do it later and just have to do them in order so I simply never do my dailies unless the Tombola guy is there, which has multiple times resulted in me going to the page, seeing he is out and just leaving Neopets until later in the day :D I have no even semi-logical explanation as to why I do it. The dailies also have to be in that order for some reason (I do not have OCD by the way, though that would have explained it ;D) I seem to go by the intuitive hunch that things just won't work out for the best unless I do it that way.

When I go to Coltzan's Shrine, I pay attention to what my pet says. I've always thought that when they're more humble ("Poor old Coltzan..." "Coltzan was a great king!" etc.) that I'll get a better reward than when they're snarky ("After this, can we go ...?" etc.). Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not. But I still feel like slapping my neopets when they disrespect Coltzan.

I do all my dailies at a certain time, between 4-5pm NST. If I'm too early or too late, I usually get nothing, and my dailes are more rewarding to me when I do them in this two-hour time mark. It's probably not a true superstition....but from my experience, it's luckier, even though I usually still end up with junk and minuscule amounts of NP.

I remember reading that the Shrine gave out certain prizes if you clicked at certain times (on the hour, :55 seconds of the minute, etc.). It's definitely not true but sometimes I'll wait until certain times to click, just hoping my luck increases. :P

I thought this too! I didn't act on it, but I honestly believed it until just now when I did some research and realized there is nothing to support it now.

I still do the same thing I always did when I was really little: cover my eyes every time I click on a daily. The shrine, the wheels, etc. I remember thinking "maybe if I don't look, it'll be something better!" and the (ridiculous) habit's stuck with me since 2nd grade and my earliest account.

Every few days I change the language before doing my dailies. I have this ludicrous theory that they're spreading the luck geographically: France, China, Brazil... everyone is winning depending on how many people play. What makes it extra crazy is that even if something that far-fetched were happening, it would depend on your IP address. But I can't stop, just in case, you know?

Wow. It sounds so much crazier when I type it out.

I always empty my inventory before going Apple Bobbing, which is usually in the middle of my dailies. That isn't the superstitious part, since it can take items even if it only happened to me once in all the time I've been playing Neopets. Even though it only takes one click on any page to get to my inventory, for some reason I have to go to it by clicking on the link they give you after completing the negg puzzle. It used to be the Obsidian Quarry.

When I go to Coltzan's Shrine, I pay attention to what my pet says. I've always thought that when they're more humble ("Poor old Coltzan..." "Coltzan was a great king!" etc.) that I'll get a better reward than when they're snarky ("After this, can we go ...?" etc.). Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not. But I still feel like slapping my neopets when they disrespect Coltzan.

I just went there and my pet said "Aren't there dubloons buried in the sand around here?" or whatever that phrase is and I ended up getting a dubloon coin! Now the phrases are making me superstitious instead of the times.... :laughingsmiley:

It's not really a superstition, per se, because I don't believe it's lucky, but I don't really have a rational reason for doing it, either. Whenever the Wheel of Monotony lands on the beast, I click on the link, knowing I will see the 3D pteredactyl jumping out at me (I always mute my volume first). I guess I just really appreciate the art? *shrugs*

Haha. That's quite funny and I feel the same way... I get frustrated when they say 'I better get some rare items out of this!'. I feel like I should sit my neopet down and give him a stern talking to, "Look we have been through this before. We go here everyday and have never recieved what you would call a "rare" item. :P

I'm not sure but I think I heard somewhere that donating items regularly will make you really lucky or something. I always donate 5 items everyday because of this (mostly junk, though, which is good for both me and whoever wants the item ^^)

Another superstition I have is that if I skip 1 day or more of doing dailies, the dailies will be unforgiving to me the next day and will all reward me with nothing. This is often true save for one or two dailies that will give me something, even though it won't be much.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was trying to get the Deadly Dice avvie I would always go with a pet under lvl 10. I thought that if I took a pet with a really high level Von Roo would think they were greedy and just steal their levels, but if I took a pet that didn't have that many levels to begin with, he'd take pity and let them win more often.