Aethia's Ability Academy Opens!

hrtbrk

I'm trying to access mine but nothing is happening and keep getting the message saying "Sorry, the Battledome is down! But don't worry, it should be back up soon."

What should I do in this situation? I don't want to miss out on getting the avatar.. D;

My best guess is either because of the lag or an upcoming release involving the BD. I'm sure you'll be able to collect your goodies when it's back up.

@coopkaty: I would submit a ticket to TNT if you're still no seeing anything. I'd wait until tomorrow though when the BD comes back online and check one more time before submitting your ticket.

@ClarityAvast: I'm not very active on the boards lately or else I would have gotten back to you. Your questions seem to have been answered already.

WARNING!

I used my blessing to teach my spoilt pet "Burrow". I also wanted "Float" and when I picked it, I lost "Burrow"... So it's only one ability per range.

Moreover, when you pick an ability, the requirements for all abilities in that range are reduced so it costs less to test or change the ability

During the Battle, you can use your ability once.

Finally, if you want to see your "active" abilities, you have to go to the stats page

I'm trying to access mine but nothing is happening and keep getting the message saying "Sorry, the Battledome is down! But don't worry, it should be back up soon."

What should I do in this situation? I don't want to miss out on getting the avatar.. D;

I was worried about this too because once I learned about the prizes and avatar the BD was already down. It's back up now though and I got my prizes :) So you will be fine the next time you go there.

Didn't load for me either, but I got about 34,000 nps I think. Awesome. :-) Does anyone else worry about this whole beta phase in combination with a battle plot? It doesn't even now that we're checking for trophies, let alone when everyone is trying to cap enemies and achievements (thinking about TFR here). I'm sure TNT knows what they're doing... right? right?

I was wondering that too. Since as it is the Battledome is sluggish on a regular day. If everyone is fighting in the plot, it will be nigh impossible to get anything done.

Maybe that's actually why TNT is stretching this whole thing out so much. They want to be sure they can take the BD out of Beta or something. Or they are all just as evil/crazy as Dragona XD

I've bought some Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie, and they are pretty awesome, most of the time I have received 2 different blessings. And plus, they a re the cheapest ones at shop wizard, so I guess from now, they are the best option until the rest lower their price.

I've bought some Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie, and they are pretty awesome, most of the time I have received 2 different blessings. And plus, they a re the cheapest ones at shop wizard, so I guess from now, they are the best option until the rest lower their price.

I don't agree. Because of randomness, you don't know which points you will get. If you're aiming for an ability that requires a particular icon, you can rely on those Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faeries. And the other Weak Bottled Faeries can also grant you 2 points. So that's why the price is lower than all the other Weak Bottled Faeries

I mixed up some retired faeries and I got the earth bottle. I blessed IbisJune and she got 1 point in earth. Now I can choose from 3 abilities - one does extra earth damage, other light and last water.

What is the best to choose?

YAY! I'm so pleased that 1) The Faerie Ability Shop is live, 2) Level to Faerie Abilities make more sense now and 3) we get a new avatar! That makes 310 for me xD

I'm so excited! Can't wait to turn all those Fading Bottled Faeries I had stocked up into new ones :D

It's running much faster this morning. I managed to get the Drizzle ability. (I like water damage the best of the three choices there.) Haven't tested it yet; probably won't do much. But you probably already have people testing that.

Could we maybe start a new thread for testing, in which people tell their results for what each ability does? And that way we can see which ones still need to be tested? My pet's only at level 250...but surely someone has a level 500 pet somewhere :-D

EDIT: Like I said, people are probably already testing Drizzle. But I used it in ten battles, and the only time it worked was when I didn't win the fight on the first turn. So I used Drizzle again, and it did four icons of damage on the second turn.

Nooooo.... the pet I used to use for battling was on a side account, and I clicked on the battledome to check her abilities instead of going to the quick ref page, and it awarded the NP and avatar on my side. I should have sent her back to my main first! :( I don't suppose there's any way to correct this mistake?

Well, then, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't use any of the bottled Faeries I had before. Ah well, I got a shiny bronze trophy.

Question though. I accidentally visited the BD on my side and got the rewards, as I wasn't aware that one of my adoptees had an ability. I shouldn't get in trouble for that, should I?

Nooooo.... the pet I used to use for battling was on a side account, and I clicked on the battledome to check her abilities instead of going to the quick ref page, and it awarded the NP and avatar on my side. I should have sent her back to my main first! :( I don't suppose there's any way to correct this mistake?

I think that you'll be fine sending that back to your main. It's a pet that you trained, and sent over to a side. You earned it.

Well, then, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't use any of the bottled Faeries I had before. Ah well, I got a shiny bronze trophy.

Question though. I accidentally visited the BD on my side and got the rewards, as I wasn't aware that one of my adoptees had an ability. I shouldn't get in trouble for that, should I?

I don't think so- you have no control over the abilities that your adopted pets have...

If either of you are unsure, I would open a ticket and ask. :)

Something has happened!
bdtrophy_1.gif

Ah, a Battledome Veteran! For your valour in battles of old, a trophy
is granted. For your knowledge of faerie magic abilities, these
Neopoints are yours. Well done, warrior.

8,000 NP

Something Has Happened! bd_veteran.gif You are now eligible to use 'Battledome Veteran' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Not the NP prize I was hoping for, but YAY! GOLD TROPHY! AND A NEW AVVIE! bfiurheiguehaivuh (only 3% of the people who played in the old BD got the gold trophy, according to snarkie.)

You can either buy them(expensive) or they are now given away as a prize in the battledome.

Wait...what? I haven't had any prizes in the Battledome at all today...

which dome where you guys fighting in when you got the faeries?

I was fighting in the Dome of the Deep against the Koi Warrior. I think it is one of the prizes that spans all of the domes and all of the challengers, like Codestones and Dubloons.

I was fighting in the Dome of the Deep against the Koi Warrior. I think it is one of the prizes that spans all of the domes and all of the challengers, like Codestones and Dubloons.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I fought Neopets v2 in the Neocola Centre and won a weak bottled dark faerie.