What type of movies do you HATE

The_Warblers

I hate horror movies. I used to be in this cycle where I would watch a horror movie and then I would vow to never watch any horror movies again and then I would watch a horror movie. But now I've realized that horror movies don't really have any positive contribution to my life, so I've stopped watching them

I really hate drama movies, too, because not only are they boring but I find them ANYTHING but entertaining. My dad watches these hard crime drama shows all the time and I find nothing happy or entertaining about them. Even some shows I watch, such as OUAT, are giving me Darkness Induced Audience Apathy. I suppose I get DIAA easily, but drama is just depressing for me.

Some action movies bore me too, but it also depends on the action film. Not all that crazy on Fast and Furious, but I LOVE the MCU!

I tend to mostly be interested in something if there is a fantasy/sci fi element, is animated, or a musical. So if my least favorite genre has one of those things in it, I may be interested. This is why I enjoyed the depressing Les Miserables, for example, being a musical drama. With action, definitely even more interested if there is a sci fi element or is in the superhero genre.

I agree on the "X Movie" terrible comedies, but if you notice, these movies are often done by the same two guys. Shows their lack of talent. Too many comedy movies these days are reaaaallly stupid. It's sad...it's why I often go for older comedy movies as a result.

And UGH, teen movies and romantic comedies. Forget the stereotypes of "I'm a girl, I should like these movies" NO. They are boring, they are stupid, and I just hate them. First and foremost, I am a nerd, so I like the more nerdy genres out there, and romcoms are NOT nerdy! I hate chick flicks. I consider some of these movies like Splash to NOT count because of the mermaid element, therefore my labeling it as a fantasy and a comedy. (and yes I do like that movie).

And of course, there are always good directors/animation companies/genres I like that still produce bad movies. I'm a huge fan of Disney, but even I'll I admit they sometimes cough up some bad movies (Cars 2, Chicken Little...no just no.)

I also forgot to mention, I hate adaptations of some of my favorite childhood books growing up. I grew up with Roald Dahl, and I HATE the movie adaptations of his books (Yes, even the "original" adaptation of Charlie that you all so love. The true "original" IS A BOOK. Read it). Hollywood should also stop adapting Dr. Seuss books into movies, he didn't want his books adapted into movies, and during his lifetime, Hollywood complied. They should continue to comply with his wishes even in his death! It is mostly movies of those two author's books that I can't stand...

I also hate live-action adaptations and remakes. Remakes almost ALWAYS suck, but there have been some GOOD ones out there, surprisingly. There's the 80's remake of The Fly, for one, and Tim Burton's remake of his own project, Frankenweenie. Remaking YOUR OWN work is perfectly fine. Somebody else's, and it's another story. I was beyond enraged seeing the trailers for the Clash of the Titans, Godzilla, and Robocop remakes and have no desire to see them.

And Hollywood needs to stop doing live action adaptations of popular cartoons. THEY. NEVER. WORK. AND. THEY. ALWAYS. SUCK. They still have failed to learn their lesson remaking TMNT as another live action movie, and of course, I was again furious with Michael Bay for doing this, as were most TMNT fans.

Also, ever have that one director you loathe wish a passion? Mine is M. Nightmare Shyamalan. HATE HIS WORK SO MUCH! The only good movie he ever made was Sixth Sense, and some consider Unbreakable and Signs to be good, but Hollywood needs to fire this idiot director. And I thought they finally did after he was stupid enough to make a movie of A:TLA (which you CAN'T do, you just CANNOT make a movie based off of that series, it is just too good, plus, all live action adaptations suck and there is no way you can change that). But no, he went and secretly wrote the script for another movie, and the directors thought they could get away with it if they hid his credit - but NOPE! We found out it was him.

I usually dislike comedies. I am not a fan of the humour in them most of the time. I love horror films, but I'm sick of seeing women being raped and murdered in them all. I don't like westerns either. I find them boring, and I haaaaaaate seeing white people in bad makeup playing terrible caricatures of First Nations people.

This is why I hate horror movies. I find them to be rather sexist in that way, constantly being the victims, being the target of monsters most of the time, and only being good for shrieking a lot and not doing much of anything else (the older the horror movie, the more prominent this is). Some horror movies have a pretty OK heroine, like the early slasher films, but I'm not a big fan of blood or gore either, it freaks me out, can't stand it. I'd like a good monster story that isn't sexist. I understand they were made in a time where people still had Victorian-era values on women and all, but it really bothers me. JUST DO SOMETHING YOU IDIOT! WHAT ARE YOU, FIVE YEARS OLD? WILL YOU STOP JUDGING BOOKS BY THEIR COVER!?

Thus it got me thinking "How different would these movies be if we put children in the place of women?" Not all that different, save the hero would be a father instead of a lover. Really, the women act like CHILDREN. Cowardly, helpless, and dependent is not how I define an adult woman, but a four year old.

Yeah, so maybe I take offense to these outdated portrayals, being a 21st century woman and all, but wouldn't a minority take offense to outdated portrayals of their type as well?

This mostly applies to horror movies though (and some of the older sci-fi which often ran in the same circles as horror back in the day, with a few exceptions).

I don't mind crude humor because I'm the "Potty Humor Princess" of my family. :D.

I hate anything when men cause harm towards women. That one scene with the Comedian and that woman in the Watchman literally scared me for life. Movies about history really make me sad. I'm not Jewish, but the Holocaust movies really make me sad. Historical movies other than the Victorian era...can't stand them.

As a person who writes about "Paranormal" characters, I can't stand Twilight. There is way too much romance in Twilight and it takes away the story behind vampires. My novel has no romance because I wanted to use my knowledge and study of demons (I don't write about vampires or werewolves...just incubi, succubi and cambion) in my book and not make it a romance novel. One time I got told that I was ripping off of Twilight after I had explained everything about my work.

I cannot watch movies like The Fault in Our Stars. I'm such crybaby :(

Oh, sorry for my Twilight rant :(

Hadn't seen this topic before!

The type of movie I hate is, no doubt, romantic comedies. I just find them so incredibly dull and silly, and I never get carried away by the "romance" or the "cutesiness". I just find them plain idiotic. Gash, it annoys me to death! Makes me wanna scream "LIFE'S NOT LIKE THAT, YOU MORONS!" -_-