Level Vs Hit Points

angiekins

I've been wondering if level does a big difference in the battledome because the pets don't fight with their hands or anything, it's only the weapons that do the damage.

I have a pet that's level 1 with 99 hit points because I zap it daily. I have another pet that's level 14 with only 18 Hit points. It's currently on my other account.

So does level really effect the damage?

After a certain point, the only thing that level is good for is making sure you can still raise your other stats.

HOWEVER, you should get up to level 50 so that you can have the Berserk option. It leaves you more vulnerable to attacks, but the damage you deal is amazing.

You can train stats up to 2x a level. A level 3 pet can be trained up to 6 for every stat and a level 27 pet can be 54. If you train at the Mystery Island you can train 3x level for endurance. Stats also affect the pound fee. The level of your pet can also impact the faerie abilities it can learn, but with the BD revamp I'm not so sure those even mean anything anymore.

As for how much damage a level gives - I am unsure. I've searched around what feels like everywhere and was unable to find an answer.

At the current time, level doesn't matter because we don't have stances.

As Karina said, when your pet's level is 50+, you can use Berserk, a stance that multiply the damages your pet is dealing by 1.5

Having a pet's level of 250+ enables him/her to train at the secret ninja school

But keep in mind that the pet's level is the basis for raising your other stats.

If you plan to lab your pet, then you'll get uneven stats with huge HP, decent Strength, average agility/movement, poor defence and level

In Mystery Island, either the "normal" training school or the secret ninja school allows you to follow courses and train stats which depends on your pet's level

You can train Strength, Defence, Agility/Movement up to twice your pet's level

You can train HP up to thrice your pet's level

Now everthing depends on your strategy: are you planning to have a pet with unbalanced stats (labbing your pet only) or train him/her to have even stats ?

After a certain point, the only thing that level is good for is making sure you can still raise your other stats.

HOWEVER, you should get up to level 50 so that you can have the Berserk option. It leaves you more vulnerable to attacks, but the damage you deal is amazing.

Is Hitpoint one of the stats?

You can train stats up to 2x a level. A level 3 pet can be trained up to 6 for every stat and a level 27 pet can be 54. If you train at the Mystery Island you can train 3x level for endurance. Stats also affect the pound fee. The level of your pet can also impact the faerie abilities it can learn, but with the BD revamp I'm not so sure those even mean anything anymore.

As for how much damage a level gives - I am unsure. I've searched around what feels like everywhere and was unable to find an answer.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind! :)

At the current time, level doesn't matter because we don't have stances.

As Karina said, when your pet's level is 50+, you can use Berserk, a stance that multiply the damages your pet is dealing by 1.5

Having a pet's level of 250+ enables him/her to train at the secret ninja school

But keep in mind that the pet's level is the basis for raising your other stats.

If you plan to lab your pet, then you'll get uneven stats with huge HP, decent Strength, average agility/movement, poor defence and level

In Mystery Island, either the "normal" training school or the secret ninja school allows you to follow courses and train stats which depends on your pet's level

You can train Strength, Defence, Agility/Movement up to twice your pet's level

You can train HP up to thrice your pet's level

Now everthing depends on your strategy: are you planning to have a pet with unbalanced stats (labbing your pet only) or train him/her to have even stats ?

The lab is a cheap way to do it because I don't want to spend so much money on training my pet.

I would prefer to have my pet have more normal stats haha.

Level does not affect the damage, but strength definitely does!

Icons is one thing, at certain strengths, your icons get mutiplied according strength.

E.g. if you have a 9 icon , strength 85 (2.5 multiplier) = 9 x 2.5 = 23.5!

Oh, thanks that clears things up! I was wondering how the damage was so much higher than the weapon itself.

Is Hitpoint one of the stats?

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind! :)

The lab is a cheap way to do it because I don't want to spend so much money on training my pet.

I would prefer to have my pet have more normal stats haha.

Oh, thanks that clears things up! I was wondering how the damage was so much higher than the weapon itself.

Yes, hit points is considered a stat, so you do need to train your level if you want to train hit points.

The lab ray is a cheap way to get stats, but your pet won't have normal stats. The lab ray tends to increase hit points (drastically, because it never decreases them) and strength, and it decreases movement. A good example is this: http://www.neopets.c...l?pet=Karinth84

Also, I suggest you check out the newbie guides on the Battlepedia. It sounds like you have a lot of questions that those guides answer. You can see the first installment here: http://battlepedia.t...warticle/intro/

There's also a few guides specifically for training. Here's the overview: http://battlepedia.t.../fast-training/

Level does not affect the damage. Level affects the abilities you get, (Beserk Attack is best). Also level depends on training.

Thanks!

Yes, hit points is considered a stat, so you do need to train your level if you want to train hit points.

The lab ray is a cheap way to get stats, but your pet won't have normal stats. The lab ray tends to increase hit points (drastically, be.cause it never decreases them) and strength, and it decreases movement. A good example is this: http://www.neopets.c...l?pet=Karinth84

Also, I suggest you check out the newbie guides on the Battlepedia. It sounds like you have a lot of questions that those guides answer. You can see the first installment here: http://battlepedia.t...warticle/intro/

There's also a few guides specifically for training. Here's the overview: http://battlepedia.t.../fast-training/

Oh thank you so much for the guide!

Level and agility dont effect anything, save for training.

Haha okay thanks

• 2 weeks later...

and i imagine that if you have 2 weapons, you do the multiplication separately and the damage is the results added? or do you add the icons and multiply with the boost?

and i imagine that if you have 2 weapons, you do the multiplication separately and the damage is the results added? or do you add the icons and multiply with the boost?

It doesn't matter; they're the same thing. Say you have a weapon with 12 icons and another with 9 icons, and a strength boost of 2.5.

Multiply separately: (12 x 2.5) + (9 x 2.5) = 30 + 22.5 = 52.5

Add then multiply: (12 + 9) x 2.5 = 21 x 2.5 = 52.5

That's called the distributive property in math!

It doesn't matter; they're the same thing. Say you have a weapon with 12 icons and another with 9 icons, and a strength boost of 2.5.

Multiply separately: (12 x 2.5) + (9 x 2.5) = 30 + 22.5 = 52.5

Add then multiply: (12 + 9) x 2.5 = 21 x 2.5 = 52.5

That's called the distributive property in math!

And here I thought we were rid of such evil things as the Distributive Property! LOL

For help with math stuff, like the Distrbutive Property, my old math teacher told the class about this site. It's quite good and can be very useful.

http://www.purplemath.com/

thanks for the site and info guys! who says neopets is a waste of time :P now off to the battledome :D

EDIT: just a further question to you helpful bders :) so is there no difference between a pet whose strength is 55 and one who strength is 70 since the fall under the same boost bracket?