Fatal Error?

Naamah D.

So I was playing with my Kyrii and got a weird message saying something about a fatal error and Neopets should not be contacted using this line. What does that mean?

I have no idea. I just had the same error while trying to stock my shop though. I've never seen it before now.

So I was playing with my Kyrii and got a weird message saying something about a fatal error and Neopets should not be contacted using this line. What does that mean?

I probably had it. I remember an RE at a similar time when I was in the auction house but was too busy to read it.

Does anyone have a screen shot? I've checked around and there's been no word on it from TNT's facebook or in today's news. However, quite a few people on the boards have been having the similar problems, and apparently you can just refresh and forget about it.

For people curious to what it looks like.

While playing a game, someone got:

Strict Standards: Non-static method ip_v1::in_office() should not be called statically in /home/neopets/common/neopets/fakedate.php on line 109

Strict Standards: Non-static method ip_v1::range_match() should not be called statically in /home/neopets/common/util/ip_v1.inc on line 35

Strict Standards: Non-static method ip_v1:

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

Someone else, don't know what they were doing:

Strict Standards: Non-static method ip_v1::in_office() should not be called statically in /home/neopets/public_html/translate.inc on line 78

Strict Standards: Non-static method ip_v1::range_match() should not be called statically in /home/neopets/common/util/ip_v1.inc on line 35

among other code on a blank white page.

I am slightly concerned about the "fatal error" bit, though. Sounds worse than whatever glitch the people above tripped.

Strict Standards: Non-static method ip_v1::in_office() should not be called statically in /home/neopets/common/neopets/fakedate.php on line 109

Strict Standards: Non-static method ip_v1:

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

I got this while trying to spin the wheel of mediocrity. Had to refresh a couple of times.

Now I've been getting the error messages more and more often. It's happened to me four times in the past couple of hours. >.<

I just got one when trying to deposit into the bank.

What with all the stuff that's going on right now (BD being worked on, Habi being worked on, events that have been going on, the purge, etc) it's possible that TNT might have borked something while working on a part of the site. Deleting a single character of code somewhere can make things go crazy xD

Yeah, it's just a code thing, and computers being dramatic. 'Fatal error'? The site is just proving it's in it's teenage years XD (Don't hate me, I'm up at one in the morning with a mountain dew)

Yeah, it's just a code thing, and computers being dramatic. 'Fatal error'? The site is just proving it's in it's teenage years XD (Don't hate me, I'm up at one in the morning with a mountain dew)

Hahaha made me giggle with teenage years. Love it! Yes neopets is definitely going to start getting temperamental and a little more attitude now!

UGH, I took some college programing courses but I forget everything all the time, even after I reteach myself. :P

I know what it is but can't explain it or try to figure out exactly why it's doing it.

All I have to tell you guys is that it's something about how the code is being executed, nothing to do with the code itself (though I don't think that's the proper way to explain it either). Just keep refreshing the page and it should work. Just keep reporting this on the neopets forums and hopefully TNT will relize what's going on and fix it.

I wish I could be more helpful, but I just think with the wrong part of my brain to make programming stick. :C