What a stupid mistake!

poptart123

So I just realized I had the last Lenny Conundrum correct except I didn't type out the answer. Instead of "one" I wasn't thinking and typed "1" and therefore my answer was deemed incorrect ::sigh:: I really wanted that avatar :sad02:

Such a stupid mistake but oh well. Has anyone else done something similar? Or am I alone on this one?

I don't think I actually knew you had to spell it out like that. I probably have done that too then. /facepalm

Haha I almost did for this one! But then I always triple check myself just in case because I always manage to stuff them up somehow.

Think on the bright side you'll never do it again!

You're definitely right about that. The one time I didn't double check...ugh. Never again!

I don't think I actually knew you had to spell it out like that. I probably have done that too then. /facepalm

You don't have to for every puzzle but I just realized the last one had "Please submit the answer in standard word form." at the end. So silly me even after reading that put my answer as a full sentence but didn't type out the number like it asked.

I made that mistake before plenty of times. All I can say is to be more careful next time. :)

Thanks for letting me I am not the only one in making a silly mistake like that. I most definitely will be more careful. Like I said, I really want that avatar!

I did the exact same thing. Which sucked because I knew the answer right away, and I 'never' know the answer right away, or perhaps ever (like with this latest conundrum).

You and me both, I have hopes I will get this one though. This is helping me so perhaps it will help you too: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/XOR_cipher

You don't have to for every puzzle but I just realized the last one had "Please submit the answer in standard word form." at the end. So silly me even after reading that put my answer as a full sentence but didn't type out the number like it asked.

Thanks for letting me I am not the only one in making a silly mistake like that. I most definitely will be more careful. Like I said, I really want that avatar!

Well maybe the one time I did answer I did it correctly! (I don't think I got it right, though) cause I've never seen anything about writing in standard word form! Bad luck. :(

I have done the same thing SO MANY times. Hopefully you get the avatar this coming week!

Awh, I'm so sorry. That has to be so frustrating. I haven't done the same thing because I've never attempted the lenny conudrum before.

I hope you don't mind me asking really quick (I didn't want to start a different thread) but was curious where I could find the lenny conudrum? & also when the new ones are released? :)

Awh, I'm so sorry. That has to be so frustrating. I haven't done the same thing because I've never attempted the lenny conudrum before.

I hope you don't mind me asking really quick (I didn't want to start a different thread) but was curious where I could find the lenny conudrum? & also when the new ones are released? :)

You can find it in the games room - or in the news posts; They announce it when there's a new one, just like with the mystery pic and random contest and such.

I go to it from the TDN page to be honest.

I actually got the answer right, too. But um, I kinda "explained" my answer so I didn't win. Lol. My exact answer was:

One. You're the only one going to Meridell.

Ah, okay thank you guys. :) I found it. I'll have to attempt it next Wensday then. I hope I don't get a math one. >.< lol.

I wish you luck next time :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I had the right answer as well. But I think I wrote "One." instead of "one", which is what the answer shows... So I didn't get credit. :sad02:

Wow. The system is that strict? That's kind of over the top...

It seems ridiculous to me, too, but that's the only reason I can see why I wouldn't have gotten it...

Weird, I'm pretty sure I used a capital O, and I got it. Did you put a period on the end?

EDIT: Duuurr, your original post said you used a period. Whoops!

Yeah, they're stupidly strict about that. :(

Weird, I'm pretty sure I used a capital O, and I got it. Did you put a period on the end?

EDIT: Duuurr, your original post said you used a period. Whoops!

Yeah, they're stupidly strict about that. :(

I don't see why a period should affect it. :( I use capitals and periods out of habit; it's hard not to use them.

I don't see why a period should affect it. :( I use capitals and periods out of habit; it's hard not to use them.

I know TNT's search thing for correct answers is reaaaaaally strict- on a recent conundrum, people didn't win because they didn't put the seconds on their answer- even though the seconds were just 0s, so it didn't change the answer.

:(