This Year's Game Challenge Overwhelmed me...did not enjoy.

lilshadowdweller

I usually enjoy the Challenge. I get to try out new games, and choosing between the easier/difficult scores appeals to me.

But this year? Too many games in such a limited amount of time. I like the idea of one or two games per day, so that if I've never played a game before, I have time to get the hang of it. My life is always busy. I have work, friends, cleaning, (even Christmas shopping), and it's impossible for me to get enough time as needed to balance between Neo and my real life.

I kind of gave up. Not entirely, but upon coming home late one night, and feel extremely tired - seeing 5 different games I had to beat, I basically said; "Forget it, I'm going to bed."

I did not like the way it was this year. I understand that they have extended the time, which is wonderful. But having to submit 3 scores for just one prize? Urgh....

I agree, by the third day I stopped caring. It just became too much to complete everything when I had tons of other stuff to do during the day as well. I mean, to submit 2 scores to complete one challenge that had to be completed in a specific order or it wouldn't register, etc. Plus, I never got any good prizes, everything just seemed to be 1np junk. I must have done at least enough to get a trophy and that seemed to be the only reason to participate at all in this for me.

I haven't really done any other GMCs so I don't know... but is it really any different from any other year? (aside from the millions of glitches)The DD is the one where you just have one game to get a score in each day- the GMC is supposed to be a challenge, isn't it?

Not saying I enjoyed it either, but I am proud that I'll be getting a gold trophy- I worked my butt off to get it.

I haven't really done any other GMCs so I don't know... but is it really any different from any other year? (aside from the millions of glitches)The DD is the one where you just have one game to get a score in each day- the GMC is supposed to be a challenge, isn't it?

Not saying I enjoyed it either, but I am proud that I'll be getting a gold trophy- I worked my butt off to get it.

No, it's actually not much different from previous years, including the glitches :P Especially the last day is crazy. I personally advice everyone to play as many games as they can on a free day, sending minimal scores. That way you'll already have one (standard) challenge ticked of.

No, it's actually not much different from previous years, including the glitches :P Especially the last day is crazy. I personally advice everyone to play as many games as they can on a free day, sending minimal scores. That way you'll already have one (standard) challenge ticked of.

Hahaha, I saw someone advising that on day 1 as well, so I had basically all the games completed by day 3. I'm kind of tempted to go make sure the rest are completed before it ends, but I don't think there is any point. :P

Also, yeah, I should know by now that it's not a Neopets competition without glitches. :P

I think the title "Games Master Challenge" implies that it's for people who are good at getting high game scores (unlike me, I probably wasted a few hours trying for some). I do think the time can be an issue, a lot of the time my day can get eaten up by sleeping/showering/housework/cooking/eating/going to work etc. and by the time I get home I'm too tired to do things. Plus kids/teens have school, young adults have college and also people work... so I can imagine people wouldn't have the time to play and stuff! I was also disappointed with the glitches and such but I'm still waiting to see how the end turnout is affected.

You don't need to complete all of the games if you feel you can't or whatever unless you're trying for the highest trophy, and you still get one for completing less~ !

This was my first GMC ever, are there usually less challenges?

The GMC has always been this way (challenges increase with days) but I think it's the first year we have to submit such high scores ... yeah , I didn't enjoy some of the games at all ... and they said PUZZLES are for Ninjas ?? we didn't get any puzzle games like Spellseeker ... on the other hand , Pirates got Gorapokko ... ha ha !

No what I meant was, has there always been such a large number of games as challenges like, how many per day and then with the multiple game challenges?

Because I was looking up previous year trophies and I think I saw less net challenges, but I dunno.

I completely agree with you. I know some people say it's called a challenge for a reason, but this was just a bit much IMO. I gave up by day 3 as well. Sad that I missed out on the trophy but there is no way I would have had time for that unless I took off work all week long. LOL. :laughingsmiley:

I started late so I blew my chances of the best trophy. I didn't even bother with the harder challenges or the ones that needed me to play 2 games, shooting games are way to hard when I play on a laptop and don't have a mouse. But there's always next year AND I have a lot of time to practice for that. + there's daily dare coming up soonish :) It's only an online game and we shouldn't take it too hard.

Don't forget that you have until the end of today at midnight NST to finish yesterday's challenges!!! They extended it because of the glitches.

And GMC seems to always fall at a very bad time of the year since I switched university. Let's call it the frenzy of the end of the semester! On top of that, I am starting a new job since Thursday, so I have been even busier.

The challenges were meh, and many of them were harder than in previous years. The game was also pretty much unbalanced between Ninja and Pirate. Pirate often had higher scores to beat. It's ridiculous, especially when one team gets legits scores and the other has to score 5 pts to beat a challenge. Hello TNT, who is the designer who thought it was a good idea? They announced one team would be more puzzle and the other more action and adventure. Nowhere it implied that adventure meant scoring higher...

Despite being on Neopets for nearly 9 years - this is my first Games Master Challenge and I don't think I could be more disappointed. Did not enjoy either! Too many bugs for me.

I haven't done many events on Neopets (just this year's GMC and the Altador Cup) and I'm starting to wonder if all events are normally this unpleasant.

I played the games for the AC every day that month, reached All-Star and still couldn't afford the most expensive prizes.

I had to play for several hours every day for the past few days to meet the challenges for the GMC. I need to be honest here: I have a ton more free time than most other people (no school/job) and I think it's too much!

And to top it all off, the games weren't even fun! I have to wonder if I would have had more fun repeatedly bashing my face against a wall. -.-

GMC is always one of my favorite events. In the past, I've generally had an easier time beating all of the challenges for GMC than DD (I got my first top DD trophy last year) This year though, there were some challenges that had me scrambling a bit, but I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't have to fight for hours to get the scores, even when my HS was much lower. I just read guides, kept trying, and it paid off.

Over-all, I enjoyed this year's, though it was unbalanced for Ninja vs Pirates.

I agree with most of what has been said so far. I did enjoy the event, aside from all the glitches. I did not like all the challenges, though. Naturally, there are going to be games that you don't like and/or aren't good at, but there were a good amount of those for me. But it's also kind of fun to try to see if you can beat the score. Except for evil fuzzles. I hate that game.

But I did discover a new fun game because of the event! Ugga drop! I wouldn't have found out about that without the game challenge.

I discovered Snot Splatter, which I love now, but I was disappointed with this year, too. I was on Team Pirate which wasn't nearly as affected by the several holdups, but many of the games we had to play were games that, if I were a professional programmer, designer, etc, I'd be embarrassed to have millions of people playing. It wasn't about liking or disliking the game or the difficulty so much as it was about flaws in the game itself.

Apart from the glitches ( I don't remember any in previous years, but maybe I've forgotten them), I though it was pretty much the same as usual.

Definitely a challenge, yes, but I completed all the challenges, whereas in previous years I haven't always managed to do so. So about average I would think.

I agree with most of what has been said so far. I did enjoy the event, aside from all the glitches. I did not like all the challenges, though. Naturally, there are going to be games that you don't like and/or aren't good at, but there were a good amount of those for me. But it's also kind of fun to try to see if you can beat the score. Except for evil fuzzles. I hate that game.

But I did discover a new fun game because of the event! Ugga drop! I wouldn't have found out about that without the game challenge.

Same with the Ugga Drop! I think that was one of the few games I actually had a good time playing! xD The rest, like Freaky Factory, were far too easy for me (since I loved that game), but a lot of others I found exceedingly dull!

This was my first GMC and I quite enjoyed it a lot. I'd much rather participate in this with playing fun games than do a plot with just clicking links. I've only completed 13 challenges, but I am quite proud of myself. I am not good at games at all and this event challenged me. Even if I didn't get the qualifying score, it definitely raised my own personal high scores as well, not to mention introduce me to new games I wasn't aware even existed. There were a bunch of glitches, yeah but at the end of the day it's just a game.

I did have fun with the GMC, although at certain points over this past week it may not have shown *cough Evil Fuzzles cough*. I will concede that it was incredibly time consuming, particularly near the end, but that's part of what makes it so challenging. Yeah, the glitches were frustrating, and some of the scores did seem impossibly high at first, but like Rebecca said, at the end of the day I'm very proud that I completed all the challenges on time and will be getting that gold trophy :)

I'm inclined to agree. It wasn't all too different from last year, but I felt like the scores were higher or they chose more difficult games or something. Or maybe I'm just busier now than I was last year at this time. =/ It also seemed like there was very little distinction between puzzles vs action.

I get that it's supposed to be a challenge, but sending 3 or 5 different scores in a row is a real pain - it's a lot of windows to keep track of and it didn't always work, so sometimes I had to complete the challenge more than 5 times to get all the bonus credits. It's time consuming and I don't think it's a good measure of gaming skills. :P