Games Master Challenge: Pirate vs Ninja!

hrtbrk

Is that actually the scores you guys have to get in those games? That seems so weird o_O

Yeah, a score of 5 or more in Assignment 53, Evil Fuzzels From Beyond The Stars, Top Chop, and Moon rock Rampage! Seems almost too good to be true, but i sent a score of 5 in all of them and got my reward and gold check :D A bit strange, though. Those are EXTREMELY low scores!

Maybe we got that because of all the glitches? I think there is some trickery in this though. Giving us a game that doesn't even exist any more is a good example..

And there was at least one other day when the scores needed differed, I'm pretty sure, and I think that time it was lower for pirates. I'm not sure how they are working this.

PIRATES

Give It A Snot!

Send a score of 15000 in Snot Splatter.

Get In The Action!

Send a score for 5 different qualifying top 10 puzzle games.

In Space, No One Can Hear You Play...

Send a score of 1834 in Assignment 53 AND send a score of 500 in Evil Fuzzles from Beyond the Stars AND send a score of 560 in Moon Rock Rampage.

Sailin' Sidekicks

Send a score of 434 in Petpet Cannonball.

Four Scores and 56 To Go...

Send a score in 60 different qualifying games.

Pirates are supposed to play from the top 10 action games, though I've played them (horizontally) already to no effect. Going to try vertical down the list.

Yeah, a score of 5 or more in Assignment 53, Evil Fuzzels From Beyond The Stars, Top Chop, and Moon rock Rampage! Seems almost too good to be true, but i sent a score of 5 in all of them and got my reward and gold check :D A bit strange, though. Those are EXTREMELY low scores!

I think the reason for the low scores is due to not being able to score team points for as long as Team Ninja couldn't. It gives the theory that Team Pirate had several hours to send scores and gather points more than Team Ninja. Also, it could also be how we get scored as to how much over players get the qualifying score, so it could be to even the playing field over how much time there is left.

It's my first GMC so I wouldn't know if any information in regards to scoring as emerged before. But I would hypothesise that it's to make up for the time Team Ninja lost.

ninja challenges have been changed:

random_challenge.png

Give It A Snot!

Send a score for 5 different qualifying top 10 puzzle games.

mystery_challenge.png

How Puzzling...

Send a score of 15000 in Snot Splatter.

random_challenge.png

In Space, No One Can Hear You Play...

Send a score of 1834 in Assignment 53 AND send a score of 500 in Evil Fuzzles from Beyond the Stars AND send a score of 560 in Moon Rock Rampage.

game_challenge.png

It's A Snap!

Send a score of 966 in Top Chop.

game_challenge.png

Four Scores and 56 To Go...

Send a score in 60 different qualifying games.

Pirates are supposed to play from the top 10 action games, though I've played them (horizontally) already to no effect. Going to try vertical down the list.

I've literally played like every qualifying puzzle game on my attempt to finish the 60 games and it still hasn't given me my prize :/ Has to be a glitch

Maybe we got that because of all the glitches? I think there is some trickery in this though. Giving us a game that doesn't even exist any more is a good example..

And there was at least one other day when the scores needed differed, I'm pretty sure, and I think that time it was lower for pirates. I'm not sure how they are working this.

Wrong. Ninjas had the lower score for super Hasee Bounce.152 vs. 246. Ninjas should stop whinging about pirates being favoured, i reckon ninjas should try getting the same score on pirate games before claiming which team has it harder. i've tried both. I actually fared better on ninja games :P

I've literally played like every qualifying puzzle game on my attempt to finish the 60 games and it still hasn't given me my prize :/ Has to be a glitch

Something is definitely fishy. I played 5 qualifying games from the "popularity" page, and when i checked to see if it had worked, my 60-game challenge was done (yay!) but not the 5-game. By the way, this happened before they raised the needed scores in those other challenges from "5" to "wow, that number gives me a nosebleed."

Then i played every qualifying game on the popular puzzles page, and was about to just play every single qualifying puzzle game on the list when i decided to check here first. Glad i did!

This whole thing has been so glitchy. I think TNT should send us each an apology cupcake. Ninjas get extra sprinkles.

Here's my take of the challenges:

Comparison of Challenges

Day 1

pirates vs. ninjas

1. add 5 different qualifying games (same for both)

2. 175 in hungry skeith (pirate), 204 in freaky factory (ninja)

Comment: Both teams had easy challenges. However, ninjas had the slight disadvantage, having to go through a world challenge to get their scores through.

Day 2

1. 55 in warf rescue team (pirates) vs. 125 in Wicked wocky wobble (ninja)

2. 284 in Turmac Roll (both)

Comment: I thought 55 in warf rescue was rather easy, but had to use a mirror link to get extra scores through. Weird wocky wobble was easy for me, i could get a score of about 180 on the first try - All I did was stack about 5 items, but the ninjas seemed to complain that this challenge was very hard (shrug). I suppose it was easier to go waaaaaaay over 55 (to about 200-300 if you could be stuffed, compared to going way over the baseline score for wocky wobble). Nevertheless, pirates had the mirror link disadvantage on day 2.

Day 3

1. Send a score of 246 in Super Hasee Bounce AND send a score of 500 in Bouncy Supreme. (pirates) vs. Send a score of 152 in Super Hasee Bounce AND send a score of 500 in Bouncy Supreme (ninjas)

2. Send a score of 80 in Mynci Beach Volleyball. (pirates) vs. Send a score of 10 in Zurroball (ninjas)

3. Send a score of 150 in Sophies Stew. (both)

Comment: Pirates obviously had the harder challenge today, having to send 246 vs 152 (nearly a 100 point difference!). I thought the timed challenge were both equally easy. I would have preferred zurroball, as that was faster (just clicking the ball about 10 times), Volleyball was't too hard, but it took a while to complete each round. All the challenges were of easy to moderate difficulty though, (although I know some people started to struggle today...) Pirates with the disadvantage due to the 100 point difference.

Day 3

1. Send a score of 275 in Faerie Cloud Racers (both)

2. Send a score of 2950 in Ice Cream Machine AND send a score of 643 in Igloo Garage Sale - The Game.(both)

3. Send a score of 200 in Caves and Corridors: Mystery Island. (pirates) vs. Send a score of 100 in Ruins Rampage. (ninja)

Comment: Scores today were on moderate difficulty level. I thought Caves and Corridors was particularly challenging, because the controls for the game were terrible! Jumping was such a pain. Nevertheless, you only needed to complete 2 levels to get a score of 200 (if you were fast enough to get the time bonus). Had to play this a few times to master the controls but eventually got there. Ruins rampage was hard without a guide, but cruisy once you get the walkthrough. Difficulty level was about equal i reckon, although arguably caves & corridors was slightly more of a struggle than ruins. I reckon pirates with the -slightest- disadvantage today.

Day 5

1. Send a score of 50 in Ultimate Bullseye II. (both)

2. Send a score of 439 in Flycatcher AND send a score of4500 in Goparokko. (pirates) Send a score of 439 in Flycatcher AND send a score of31200 in Ugga Drop (ninjas).

3. Send a score of 560 in Itchy Invasion. (pirates) Send a score of 410 in Cooty Wars. (ninjas)

4. Send a score of 30650 in Jumpin' Gem Heist (pirates) vs. Send a score of 26650 in Jumpin' Gem Heist. (ninjas)

Comment: Day 5 was chaotic! Gem heist was not working. Ninjas were initially asked to play a game that did not exist (switcharoo) lol. wut? First time i actually really struggled with a challenge today. Hate Ultimate Bullseye! i just don't get how to get those bullseyes. Took ages with it. I found 4500 tricky to get with Goparokko, until I got used to swapping the tiles around. What is up with making pirates do a puzzle game :(? All the challenges today were harder & took longer to get the high scores of each. Pirates had a higher score to reach for Jumpin Gem Heist. However, because the ninjas were actually asked to play a game that did not exist plus 2 flash games that were down - it's the ninja's disadvantage today due to lesser time to complete the challenge.

Day 6

1. Send a score of 450 in Barf Boat AND send a score of400 in Ready to Roll. (pirates) vs. Send a score of 630 in Bumble Beams AND send a score of 600 in Jubble Bubble. (ninjas)

2. Send scores for five different qualifying games from your Favourites List. (both)

3. Send a score of 925 in Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway.

4. Send a score of 540 in Nimmos Pond

Comment: Much less disorganized than day 5. I found all games moderately difficult, except for Ready to Roll.. I really struggled with the levels 2 & 3. you only needed to get to level 3. Bumble Beams, Jubble Bubble & Barf Boat had reasonable scores to get. I'm inclined to say that pirates had it harder because of 'Ready to Roll', but it is likely that I'm just terrible at that game

Day 6.

1. Send a score of 15,000 in Snot Splatter. (both)

2. Send a score for 5 different qualifying top 10 action games. (pirates) Send a score for 5 different qualifying top 10 puzzle games (ninjas)

3. Send a score of 1834 in Assignment 53 AND send a score of 500 in Evil Fuzzles from Beyond the Stars AND send a score of 560 in Moon Rock Rampage. (both)

4. Send a score of 434 in Petpet Cannonball. (pirates) vs. Send a score of 966 in Top Chop. (ninjas)

5. Send a score in 60 different qualifying games.

Comment: Ninjas are facing some stuff ups with getting the 10 puzzle scores submitted. snot splatter is not too difficult, once you learn how to use the bonuses properly. The challenges are all a bit tedious today. I thought Petpet cannonball was harder for pirates than top chop was for ninjas.. although both games were equally boring.

Conclusion: I think that in general, pirate scores were ever so slightly harder. However, ninjas experienced more stuff-ups with the challenges :(

Wow that's so weird that they've changed the challenges...I did all of mine on the original 5 point ones including the bonuses, so I feel a bit like I've cheated! Still have the puzzle scores challenge to go, I've sent about a million but they're not registering, I'll give it another go later I think.

In terms of pirates v ninjas difficulty, I think it's completely dependent on the individual. Ie, I just cannot get zurroball (I fluked the 10 and couldn't get any bonuses) but on the other hand I found some of the other games like bruno's backwoods/bullseye fairly easy. As for the pirates I know I would've struggled on a few (barf boat) whilst others would be fine (freaky factory). I think the main issue was that ninjas are those who chose puzzles over action (and therefore admitted that action games aren't our forte), and then most of the games were fairly action-y, so it's not that the games/scores were necessarily harder but perhaps that ninjas find action games harder and thought puzzle meant more sudoku rather than reaction times (at least that's what I thought :P).

Anyway that's just an idea! Personally I think we ninjas got it pretty easy with today having that 5 point one there for at least a few hours! By the way, is there any difference in prizes etc for the winning team, or just the glory :P?

I really hate Top Chop. I'm not coordinated enough to play!

Also, I have a lovely song in my head that goes to the tune of that Barney song about love, and has words that rhyme with glitch. Only because I'm mad at Top Chop. Otherwise I know TNT will fix it all 'eventually'.

I used the link TNT provided, then clicked to sort by popularity. Then I picked out 5 from the top of the list that I knew were qualifying games.

I used the same 5 games and I was able to complete the main challenge as well as all of the bonuses.

Kass Basher, Hasee Bounce, Meerca Chase II, Snowmuncher, and Turmac Roll.

Top 10 popularity and they have to be qualifying, so for us Fashion Fever does not actually count. I did Kass Basher, Turmac Roll, Meerca Chase II, Hasee Bounce, and Snowmuncher.

http://www.neopets.com/games/category.phtml?cat=puzzles&sortby=pop

The top 5 qualifying I see are Faerie Bubbles, Sutek's Tomb, Destruct-O-Match, Wingoball, and Meepit Juice Break. Send any score and you should get it.