Virus?

Naamah D.

The weirdest thing just happened. I was on Neopets and then Internet Explorer closed and said something about a malicious link or something like that. Does Neopets have a virus?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Probably nothing to worry about - but make sure your virus protection is up-to-date just in case

I was browsing through a user made shop. I wonder if that had something to do with it. A few times today I got a message saying something about Internet Explorer blocking security things...

I would definitely check your virus software, make sure it's up to date and run a scan to make sure you haven't picked up anything. I doubt it would be from Neopets. If you did pick something up it's probably from a different site. Run a scan and check your software and you should be fine.

You have to be carefull with usershops. Deals that seem too good are too good, and the person likely somehow got a cookie grabber embeded in there. Though TNT does try to stop this, they can't catch it all the time

• 6 months later...

Hey but I don't find this type of problem.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.