Do you think you want your pet back?

Shiny Vulpix

So...when I first made my main account on Neopets, I got this Uni,and then asked my brother if I can have a Christmas Uni....he actually bought me a Christmas Paint Brush!But then I thought this mistake,I put her in the pound...:( So I now see that my Uni is part of a new home that has not been on for several months!Does anyone else feel this too? P.S She was painted Christmas when I put her in the pound.And I had 4 pets. :mellow:

Sort of. I like adopting regular pets from the pound, zap them so they have a nice colour, and then re-pound them in the hope that someone will find a pet there that they really love. I pounded a Mutant Elephante and decided to search the name to check how it was doing. The first person he belonged to had a nice profile and I was happy because I thought he'd found someone who would really look after him. A few weeks later I had a look for my old pet again, and he's with a new owner with "pound" in their name, as though they're just looking to find pound pets they can later trade. My old pet has no background and is unhappy (the same can be said for their other pets, but at least my old one has a petpet because I pounded him with one).

I wish I'd just mentioned him on here in the adoption thread as I'd done with other pets I zapped. I know there's no guarantee that the same thing wouldn't have happened on TDN, but everyone has seemed so grateful and happy to get the pet they've asked for that I've not even felt the need to check up on them later, I just believe that they were really wanted and will be cared for. Ah well. I hope if that person does trade him then he'll end up loved in the future.

I pounded a pet once and I see her sometimes, his new owner has not logged in for years! But I guess that is the way it has to be... I can't do anything now.

Hey, so heres the account that adopted my Uni...I know weird name...but I was young that time!http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=tinkerbunny1

When I was 13, long before my Kougra, I had a Kacheek with a similar name, who I had a different character in mind for, I wanted to paint him Island. But then a year later I had caught pirate fever, and I found I liked the Pirate Kougra more, and no longer wanted an Island Kacheek. I still didn't have much NP, I never did, but I did paint him Invisible, a colour nobody wanted (it was the only colour I could afford), and then later I morphed him into a Yellow Ruki. There were no buyable Kougra MPs, and I could not afford any at all. Nobody on the Neoboards would listen to me or try to help me, and because I wanted a Kougra so bad, I pounded the original pet (a Yellow Ruki, so I'm very sure nobody wanted him and anybody who did prolly adopted for zapping, pounded again, so on and so forth, maybe he got turned into an avatar pet, even worse, as people only want those pets for the avatar and pound them afterward. Or maybe he got stuck in the pound).

Looking back at it now, I should have just saved up for the MP to use on him instead. That is what I would have done today. But I created my Kougra not too long after pounding the original pet who was in his place before, and he's my Pirate Kougra.

Sort of. I like adopting regular pets from the pound, zap them so they have a nice colour, and then re-pound them in the hope that someone will find a pet there that they really love.

I do the same thing. I know that getting the lab ray is hard and expensive, so I try and get regular pets with decent names from the pound to zap and then re-pound. It always bothers me when I see that they go to an account that never gets used. I've also had pets that I really, really loved and then lost my password or got hacked and then the account got frozen. It's like losing a real pet lol.

Luckily a Christmas paint brush isn't too hard to get, so you can try to get a Christmas Uni again. Just don't pound the next one!

I do the same thing. I know that getting the lab ray is hard and expensive, so I try and get regular pets with decent names from the pound to zap and then re-pound. It always bothers me when I see that they go to an account that never gets used. I've also had pets that I really, really loved and then lost my password or got hacked and then the account got frozen. It's like losing a real pet lol.

Luckily a Christmas paint brush isn't too hard to get, so you can try to get a Christmas Uni again. Just don't pound the next one!

I got one again...then next came my Skunk Xweetok...I just want my regular or I mean old pet back....shes better somehow...

frozen accounts are a totally different story :(

i DO miss those ones

Me too. :( The account I had just before my current one... I miss those pets terribly! A lovely Faerie Shoyru named Suppress, and a Maraquan Aisha... Suppress would be UC as well. -sigh-

The username I had for my very first account with Neopets was Aethne, and I had an Ixi of the same name. After a while I got mad at Neo and decided to cancel my account, so I pounded the Ixi and closed my account. She was adopted and I stayed away from Neo for a few years.. When I started back up again, I would check on her from time to time and now I see that the account she was adopted to is frozen. It took a long time to purge my old account name, but it finally happened and I'm now using that name again as a side account; I would LOVE to have her back for that account, but I know that's not going to happen.. All I can do is just keep creeping the name to see if it purges :P

I have not yet 'lost' or 'pounded' a pet I was attached to...but, if ever I were to somehow 'lose' Mermutt, I would be crushed.

He is named after my best-friend of 12 years, Merlin (my dog who has now long since passed on to puppy heaven).

So, in what is likely a weird way...I am comforted by Mermutt and rather attached to him.

I do what I can to avoid that happening...I have everything under a rotating Password/PIN combo and I 'keep my nose clean' so far as Neo-rules.

It is funny, though, how attached one can become to pixels on a screen. :rolleyes_anim:

Hhhm.. I have this account that I made when I was in high school. I couldn't remember the birthdate I put in so I can't access it anymore. Every time I see my lookup there I get really sad. My pets there look really miserable.