The Daily Neopets' presents... Puzzle Challenge 2012!

Izzy ♥

About time I joined the discussion since I've been lurking here every day. So far, I've solved everything except for #2 (working on it, thanks for all the hints) and #16.

For #16, I'm almost completely certain about what I have to look for, but in that particular sequence, it appears numerically impossible to find the next logical item. Am I on the wrong track or do I simply have to work harder to find the connection? Any help is appreciated.

About time I joined the discussion since I've been lurking here every day. So far, I've solved everything except for #2 (working on it, thanks for all the hints) and #16.

For #16, I'm almost completely certain about what I have to look for, but in that particular sequence, it appears numerically impossible to find the next logical item. Am I on the wrong track or do I simply have to work harder to find the connection? Any help is appreciated.

16 is one of the hardest ones to figure out imo. It really doesn't tell you what to do, and I hate those kind xP If it wasn't for the hints of some awesome people I'd still be stuck on it myself! Unfortunately I don't really know how to give a hint for it that doesn't outright give it away... that hasn't already been given anyway

Bleh that one did my head in slightly! I think I just got all muddled up and confused... so glad it wasn't like the dominoes one though!!! But done now :) Are there any super hard ones left Izzy? Seems like since everyone's starting to solve #2, there are a few people are sitting on all puzzles completed, so might all come down to timing!! Although I think Ysera has that in the bag :P

Well, I do have all puzzles completed but it's too soon to tell. 12 puzzles more to go. No telling which ones I'll have a hard time on.

And I'm pretty sure there will be multiple winners, although I don't know how many. Maybe Izzy can specify. :)

I am very very very lost. But other people being lost and then figuring it out shortly thereafter is giving me hope that I will have an "ah ha! I got it!" moment here shortly.

And it happened! Shortly after posting that something just clicked in my head and viola! Puzzle solved! :laughingsmiley:

Are there any super hard ones left Izzy?

There's 2 left that troubled my testers... though Meghan got one of them in the end :)

And I'm pretty sure there will be multiple winners, although I don't know how many. Maybe Izzy can specify. :)

Well, we're not quite sure how many winners we will have this year. Last time we gave away 3 NC cards, and one KQ plushie... but this time we're waiting to see how many people have all of them correct in the end before we decide if we can cover a prize for all of them, or if we'll need to limit it based on timing.

I don't even understand puzzle 14. What are u supposed to do?

Click on the doors to guide yourself through the maze. It helps to remember where you are going in your head or some took notes or even made a map, but throughout the maze are 3 rooms with a riddle solve the riddle to continue going through the maze until you have completed all 3. After that you eventually go to a 4th room that tells you what to type to solve the puzzle. Good luck!

For puzzle 18 I was able to unscramble everything but I don't know what to do with the unscrambled words.

There seems to not be enough vowels to unscramble it again using the first letters.

and I followed the hints for puzzle. I went through over 4000 items. I looked at all the descriptions that had a J and a ! in it. and I didn't find anything. Ugh. So much time wasted.

Did I just happen to skip over something or is that not a possible way to find it?

I think the most interesting thing with these puzzles is seeing how differently everyone's minds work. Some people get some of the puzzles right off while others struggle, and vice versa. Just goes to show we all have different ways of seeing and thinking things. :)

Anyway... Back to wracking my brain.

For puzzle 18 I was able to unscramble everything but I don't know what to do with the unscrambled words.

There seems to not be enough vowels to unscramble it again using the first letters.

and I followed the hints for puzzle. I went through over 4000 items. I looked at all the descriptions that had a J and a ! in it. and I didn't find anything. Ugh. So much time wasted.

Did I just happen to skip over something or is that not a possible way to find it?

Actually, its very possible to do just that. Maybe you accidentally skipped over it?

I mean for #18 is the "Underwater" Background Image significant? Or is the focus just the words?

Idk, I feel like I'm overthinking theories just because of the fact there is 17 words and this is Puzzle 18. D:

Yes, the background is important

It should help the unscrumbling part of it