The Daily Neopets' presents... Puzzle Challenge 2012!

Izzy ♥

So, to my knowledge, 3 people have solved the *evil* puzzle

(SophSoph, Ysera, elbandito999)

Izzy, are there any more people?

Congrats to everyone on solving it!! :thumbsup:

*shuffles the pieces around on my table*

Well, I'm not getting it any time soon so...

Lol I don't feel like prining it out so I'm attemping to use microsoft excel... it's obviously not as fast but it still works, sort of ^_^

Lol I don't feel like prining it out so I'm attemping to use microsoft excel... it's obviously not as fast but it still works, sort of happy.png

I'm using paint to cut and move the tiles about.

on a laptop.

with a faulty trackpad.

xD

So far the list of hints for #2 is that the puzzle is 11 words, the answer is 2 words, the first word is 4 letters, and to try to figure out the words containing the j, w, and v since those aren't popular letters, right? Or am I missing one?

Oh, elbandito, what do you mean by you tried finding the solution rather than unscrambling the letters? What is the difference? Like I am trying to form a sentence as to what I think would be the solution but I realize the letters don't make sense when I do. Any further advice on that?

So far the list of hints for #2 is that the puzzle is 11 words, the answer is 2 words, the first word is 4 letters, and to try to figure out the words containing the j, w, and v since those aren't popular letters, right? Or am I missing one?

Oh, elbandito, what do you mean by you tried finding the solution rather than unscrambling the letters? What is the difference? Like I am trying to form a sentence as to what I think would be the solution but I realize the letters don't make sense when I do. Any further advice on that?

I don't want to give too much away yet - maybe nearer the end of the month, but I guess I could say this:

If you arrange the dominoes correctly, you'll get the 'description' of a neopets item. The answer to the puzzle is then obviously the item itself.

Only ~43,000 descriptions to hunt through then... :P Just imagine if it started with a 'z' :weird:

(I didn't actually hunt through all 43k - I made some assumptions which fortunately were correct - still took quite a while though... and btw it doesn't start with a 'z' - that was me being silly, not giving a clue...)

Ahhh I was so off track with the dominoes...but now...no #2 is SOLVED!!!!! :happydance: AHhh I can finally get rid of those little pieces of paper floating around (that I kept losing then had to redraw on scrap bits of paper after working out which one was missing :/)! Since elbandito999 just gave a hint recently I probably shouldn't, so I'll leave further hints in the hands of Izzy I think. Looking forward to tonights one! But hopefully no more dominoes...ever....please!!

Looks like a lot of people have gotten the dominoes now. Congrats SophSoph (told you you would get it eventually ^_^) and domsim.

I would think the hints we gave are enough to solve the puzzle considering the increase of #2 solvers. Good luck everyone!

Hmm, I didn't think my hint was that helpful, but I guess I was wrong :P

#18 - currently stumped :shiftyeyes_anim:

Surely you can't make any words from PBHBFDALGDAWHSRPC?? Most of the words don't unscramble into anything and surely the whole THING can't be an anagram??? That would be too evil for words...

But I did learn a new word! Apparently a SEIF is a long and tall sand dune with a sharp crest; common in the Sahara. You learn something every day...

I'm thinking we do have to unscramble the entire message... then do the first letters...which would make it just as hard as the dominoes!!!

it would be worse than the dominoes. with the dominoes the placement of certain alphabets are fixed cause the up and bottom rows go in pairs. this one is just o_O im stumped at even how to begin.

EDIT: was this the other puzzle Izzy said would be the next difficult one? D:

Bleh that one did my head in slightly! I think I just got all muddled up and confused... so glad it wasn't like the dominoes one though!!! But done now :) Are there any super hard ones left Izzy? Seems like since everyone's starting to solve #2, there are a few people are sitting on all puzzles completed, so might all come down to timing!! Although I think Ysera has that in the bag :P

Seems like since everyone's starting to solve #2, there are a few people are sitting on all puzzles completed, so might all come down to timing!! Although I think Ysera has that in the bag :P

I know I won't win - I put three wrong guesses in for #1 :(

of course I know what the answer is now...