Sections of the site that need a revamp

lovedwallflower

What parts of the site do you think could need a revamp whether in coding, aesthetically or structurally?

I would love for TNT to change the customisation spotlight format. as it is, it is based on luck and the 100 votes per day seems counter-intuitive..

Before they go about changing things, I feel like they should fix the already present issues, Neomail counts being off, Habitarium craashes/other bugs. In my opinion, TNT should get their butts in gear and solve all the problems premium users have (before everything else), as in, not receiving scratch cards, I've had issues where it says it doubles my neopoints, but doesn't.

What parts of the site do you think could need a revamp whether in coding, aesthetically or structurally?

I would love for TNT to change the customisation spotlight format. as it is, it is based on luck and the 100 votes per day seems counter-intuitive..

One thing I'd like changed in the customisation spotlight would be BIGGER PICTURES! Often the small pictures end up looking really cluttered, even if they aren't when you see it in full size.

I agree with Sid, They need to fix the bigish issues, like Habitarium. But the Customisation Spotlight needs to be redone- it's so weird. :/

The maps of Tyrannia and Meridell. That art is ancient and full of links that don't work anymore. They have updated far more recent maps but completely left Tyrannia and Meridell ignored.

I would change a gazillion things :D Starting with Tyrannia, Meridell, Kiko Lake, Mystery Island, Neopia Central, Virtupets Station, Kreludor & Altador. Not all are such in desperate need of revamp, but eventually these will all become ugly, compared to new art work.. and of course Key Quest & Habi, biggest troublemakers :D Also many many games could use an update, as they are getting ridiculously weird. And ugly :P

I've been playing this website since I was 12, (I'm 23 now), and lemme tell you, there's still plenty of pages which have always remained the same. I'm surprised that with such a large amount of staff and money, they've left many places untouched or fail to revamp them after many years. In some manner, it's annoying. They had no difficulty totally altering the Neopet artwork and making the outfits back in, what was it, 2007? Or whenever they had changed it, yet they've still left many pages as old as heck.

Lets begin with this page: http://www.neopets.com/objects.phtml

Firstly, if you notice, they list all of the helpful links such as your shop, Notice Board, NeoHomes, ect, on top of the page. This is actually somewhat an eye sorer. I comprehend that it's a lot of places to go, but it's boring and looks sloppy. It's not very direct or easy for new users to navigate. Why not make it back into a colourful image? Why not make it a bit more eye catching? Yes, OK, they have the upper bar for the site, which doesn't even contain a link to your Safety Deposit Box, but still. They used to use a banner. It was cute. It looked better. It's been this way for years and is quite dull.

The page which lists all of the guilds HAS NOT been updated at since my many years of playing; it's clearly reflected in the artwork.

http://www.neopets.com/guilds/index.phtml

Poogle Races HAS NOT altered the least bit in the 11 years I have been with the site;

http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/poogleracing.phtml

And this war occurred before I had even went on Neopets;

http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/village.phtml

There's probably more. It's only recently, after many, many years, they've finally done some major updates. But did it really need to take as long as it ended up being?

the rs system, shops get cluttered with so much junk you barely make any profit restocking

TNT has said in the most recent editorial that they're going to work on that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of most of the non flash games like pyramids, snow wars and cheat could use a revamp (most of the card games actually), most of them glitch (at least for me), and also turn based games are not a good idea in a browser due to issues with back/refreshing. It'd be cool if they made then into flash games like pawkeet slots, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.