First Look At The Battledome in Closed Beta!

hrtbrk

Is TNT giving TDN a special look into the BD like they are with JN?

Actually yes. We will be able to get 3 spots on beta for our staff members. (They will go to our BP team.)

But I was chosen prior to that.

Edit: Site owner, in this case Ian, and the secondary contact person, in the case me, were automatically added to beta.

What? Are you sure?? That would be a big change, and not for the better :(

Although it would only really affect me in plots, and TNT seem to have given up on those... :P

Yes, I am sure. It was confirmed on the neoboards by TNT staff members last night.

Yes, I am sure. It was confirmed on the neoboards by TNT staff members last night.

Booo. :( I will definitely miss that! I wish I had saved my healing potions as I had been saving Dubloons and stuff!

The new Battledome looks great - love the visuals - it's so detailed!

Love the idea of getting rewards for battling but it looks like we'll need those to spend on healing potions if we don't automatically heal after winning. I'm glad I hoard healing potions now!

The new challengers look great - the Giant Space Fungus is kinda cute!

I know a big concern for a lot of hardcore battlers was that, after a certain point, the challengers were all too easy. I love the idea of different difficulties, as it really encourages people of every skill level to enjoy the the new Battledome.

Prizes are a great incentive as well. I don't battle a lot myself, but from what I've heard/seen, battling is quite expensive, what with training and weapon costs, so it's nice to see some reward for all the effort. Also loving the new graphics. Very comic-like. Reminds me of the DoN comics, which is cool.

I'm hoping they'll do more with the Defenders of Neopia now, then, if there are new challengers. DoN2 has been stuck at Mission 5 for such a long time.

The part I'm most curious about is Aethia's Ability Academy. Does that mean there will *finally* be a way to raise the level of our abilities? I mean, there are a few ways here and there, but they're so random. I would be all over this academy.

If anyone's concerned about having to heal after battle, just remember...you can drain life on Punchbag Bob for free (minus the initial investment costs of getting that faerie ability). It might not heal you completely if you're way up there in endurance, but it's pretty good.

Too bad it's in Java...I might not be able to use it. Java never seems to work on any computer I'm on. Not on my laptop, not on my husband's, not on library computers...nowhere.

I really hope I get into beta. I sold my BD set a long while back to help myself buy battle slices stamp, so I no longer have one. If I get into beta I'll buy a cheap set for now lol.

I'm glad they'll be rewards for battling, and I heard they're trying to get movement to matter, which kinda stinks since I'll have to train that up on my pet :/

But overall super excited. BDing got boring after a while so I hope it'll be more fun now.

Woah, it's like a video game, awesome! And I love the easy/medium/hard mode, it will help well for pets with lower stats. Now I'm excited for it and I can;t wait to give it a try - my Aisha has been looking forward to fighting a Chia clown over there, that'll be easy!

And it also seems that the backgrounds change depending on the arena, cool!

You no longer automagically heal after a battle (stock on healing potions everyone!)

What!? Aw man, that will be so hard. I'm glad the old BD was running during the Faerie's Ruin plot, then, because that way they automatically healed after a fight, and your pet can't take a Healing Potion unless it's completely out of HP.

This is going to be so much harder!

Actually kinda sad I didn't get chosen. I've never been a huge battler, but I really wanted to get more in to it! I'm hoping since it says they'll be adding more people, that I can still get chosen to beta test!

Actually kinda sad I didn't get chosen. I've never been a huge battler, but I really wanted to get more in to it! I'm hoping since it says they'll be adding more people, that I can still get chosen to beta test!

Same. Not that I expected to be picked either, but had a tiny glimmer of hope LOL

It looks very interesting - hope you get picked next round :D

Is there any note on how often new groups of people get noemails to be beta testers? A few people every hour? Twelve hours? Once a day? I keep refreshing to see if I have a neomail yet, so I want to calm myself down, and let myself relax if people don't get access that often!

Erm. They probably didn't add anyone new over the weekend...

Ah! Okay. I didn't know if they had something set up so people got added all through the weekend or something. x3

Arg, I didn't get picked. Still though! It looks excellent, I cant wait until it's launched to the masses. Reminds me of Pokemon & Tekken :P