The official game avatars help thread!

~Xandria

Hi guys. I figured I'd start one of these because lately I've really been getting into the flash games.

I want to try and get as many game avatars as possible, but the problem is I'm not so great at flash games. In fact, I think the only game avatar I currently have is for Whack a Kass. :P

So. Please feel free to chat about game avatars here.

-Post any and all articles you found helpful for particular avatars.

-Post the game avatars you are proud of or the one that was the most difficult for you to get.

-Post game avatars you are currently stuck on, and recieve help from others who have that avatar!

The ones I'm currently working at (and finding very frustrating!) are:

A53 LIKE A BOSS (seems so impossible!)

Carnival of terror

Extreme herder (I can only manage a score of 150 for this one.)

Chia Florg (I've came kinda close to this one)

Faerie Bubbles (Another seemingly impossible one!)

We have an excellent checklist over at neoavs that Alice maintains all by her lonesome in her one-person department xD

http://avatars.theda...klist/by_cat/8/

If you sign in with your TDN account, you can save your progress and get counters! Yay counters!

On the avatar pages they also link to our game guides to help you on those avatars.

The Faerie Bubbles guide is the one I kept using until I got the avatar. It took quite a while but in the end it was so worth it.

Hi guys. I figured I'd start one of these because lately I've really been getting into the flash games.

I want to try and get as many game avatars as possible, but the problem is I'm not so great at flash games. In fact, I think the only game avatar I currently have is for Whack a Kass. :P

So. Please feel free to chat about game avatars here.

-Post any and all articles you found helpful for particular avatars.

-Post the game avatars you are proud of or the one that was the most difficult for you to get.

-Post game avatars you are currently stuck on, and recieve help from others who have that avatar!

The ones I'm currently working at (and finding very frustrating!) are:

A53 LIKE A BOSS (seems so impossible!)

Carnival of terror

Extreme herder (I can only manage a score of 150 for this one.)

Chia Florg (I've came kinda close to this one)

Faerie Bubbles (Another seemingly impossible one!)

Here is a list of all game avatars via jellyneo - http://www.jellyneo....vatars&id=games

I need help with all that you mentioned lol. Also Extreme Potato Counter. Can barely pass 110.

I really do hope no one thought I was being rude by posting that link from jellyneo. I didn't really think much of it and I'm really very sorry if I've offended any of the staff here. :sad02: I was in no way implying jellyneo was better, it was the first thing that popped up on google, so I just kind of posted it without thinking.

I'm very sorry, and I've deleted it out of the post.

We're pretty chill about that sort of thing. I think Emily was mostly linking people to the checklist :)

Admittedly we do get a little possesive, but we also understand that some people use multiple sites and there is nothing /wrong/ or /offensive/ about posting links to other sites. Some sites have different strengths than ours (though if you post a link to something we have on our main site, usually a staffer will link to ours out of site loyalty!)

I actully have never used JN's, so I'm not sure how different theirs is. I linked ours for the checklist, as I assumed a bunch of people here likely have TDN accounts too. :D

Xandria since you're stuck on Faerie Bubbles I have a couple of pointers for you. That avatar took me ages to get and since I've gotten the avatar I haven't played it as much.

One don't try too hard, you end up misfiring those bubbles more often.

Don't go overboard when you play. Like don't play for hours, you just get frustrated and up doing worse than you started with.

It also helps to take lengthy breaks from the game. I played a few times about ever couple of months or so and finally one night I was lucky and got the avatar.

I really do hope no one thought I was being rude by posting that link from jellyneo. I didn't really think much of it and I'm really very sorry if I've offended any of the staff here. :sad02: I was in no way implying jellyneo was better, it was the first thing that popped up on google, so I just kind of posted it without thinking.

I'm very sorry, and I've deleted it out of the post.

I am pretty sure no one was offended, well at least not me. I personally like TDN's checklist better because it seems more efficient to me and there is a once a month complete transfer.

Xandria since you're stuck on Faerie Bubbles I have a couple of pointers for you. That avatar took me ages to get and since I've gotten the avatar I haven't played it as much.

One don't try too hard, you end up misfiring those bubbles more often.

Don't go overboard when you play. Like don't play for hours, you just get frustrated and up doing worse than you started with.

It also helps to take lengthy breaks from the game. I played a few times about ever couple of months or so and finally one night I was lucky and got the avatar.

Thank you! That one has been frustrating for sure. When I first saw the game I was so happy! Finally a game I'm good at, I thought to myself naively. I have a game just like this on my android, however it is much easier! I stress myself out over this game way too much. Thank you for the pointers. I'm sure they will come in handy.

I also forgot to mention the buzzer avatar, I really want that one. It's supposed to be one of the simplest ones to get. I think I'm just really inpatient. Earlier I played my first game of meepit vs. feepit. Very easy game and the avatar seems really easy to get. The game is just so boring and long that I got frustrated. On my first try I scored 2,879. For the avatar you need 3,000. NOT COOL.

Haha. Oh, forgot to mention how annoyingly difficult the destruct o match avatar is! :P

I should have named this the 'Xandria whines about how difficult game avatars are thread.' ^_^

Thank you! That one has been frustrating for sure. When I first saw the game I was so happy! Finally a game I'm good at, I thought to myself naively. I have a game just like this on my android, however it is much easier! I stress myself out over this game way too much. Thank you for the pointers. I'm sure they will come in handy.

I also forgot to mention the buzzer avatar, I really want that one. It's supposed to be one of the simplest ones to get. I think I'm just really inpatient. Earlier I played my first game of meepit vs. feepit. Very easy game and the avatar seems really easy to get. The game is just so boring and long that I got frustrated. On my first try I scored 2,879. For the avatar you need 3,000. NOT COOL.

Haha. Oh, forgot to mention how annoyingly difficult the destruct o match avatar is! :P

I should have named this the 'Xandria whines about how difficult game avatars are thread.' ^_^

Lol, I am so with you on that. I had to play Meepit vs Feepit a buuuuunch of times before I didn't mess up and accidentally beat the Meepit too quickly! But with a little dedication, I ended up getting the avatar.

Some of the avatars though- Destruct-o-Match, Faerie Bubbles, etc, just seem so impossible. ;__;

I've been trying to get Chia Florg for ages. I actually just tried again for it earlier, but I'm still having problems with it. The closest I've gotten to it is 235, and the fact that I've gotten that close and yet I can't manage to just get a few more points to get the avatar is killing me.

Lol, I am so with you on that. I had to play Meepit vs Feepit a buuuuunch of times before I didn't mess up and accidentally beat the Meepit too quickly! But with a little dedication, I ended up getting the avatar.

Some of the avatars though- Destruct-o-Match, Faerie Bubbles, etc, just seem so impossible. ;__;

I know! It takes like 15 minutes or so to complete one game. I have the same problem as you did. I keep accidentally beating the meepit on the first level too quickly. :P

The Destruct-o-Match avatar and the faerie bubbles avatar are both so cute! I think that's why I'm so annoyed with it. With a little patience and dedication I might be able to get the destruct-o-match one. I've read several game guides that have been a great help. Including the one here. Faerie bubbles on the other hand, bleh.

I've been trying to get Chia Florg for ages. I actually just tried again for it earlier, but I'm still having problems with it. The closest I've gotten to it is 235, and the fact that I've gotten that close and yet I can't manage to just get a few more points to get the avatar is killing me.

The chia florg one is another really cute avatar! You are much closer than I am though! I'm sure if you keep trying you will get it soon. I usually play about 5 of the flash games that award avatars 3 times a day. Not more than that though, because then I just might blow up my computer out of rage. :whistle: Have you read some of the 'feed a florg' guides? Sometimes they can be handy with little tips and tricks you didn't think of.

Oh, another one I can't manage is the snow muncher one. I'm just not very good at that game. :worried:

On a completely un-related note... are you able to get the avatar once you've already sent your 3 scores? As in, can you keep playing after sending scores and still get the avi?

On a completely un-related note... are you able to get the avatar once you've already sent your 3 scores? As in, can you keep playing after sending scores and still get the avi?

Nope! It'll tell you that you've already sent your score 3 times. Alas, that happened to me the first time I got the score for the Advert Attack avvie. That was frustrating!

The chia florg one is another really cute avatar! You are much closer than I am though! I'm sure if you keep trying you will get it soon. I usually play about 5 of the flash games that award avatars 3 times a day. Not more than that though, because then I just might blow up my computer out of rage. :whistle: Have you read some of the 'feed a florg' guides? Sometimes they can be handy with little tips and tricks you didn't think of.

I've read a couple of guides and they've helped me a little bit, but not much. I like the idea of playing a couple of avatar games a day though. I think I may have to steal that idea from you. :P I usually just keep working toward the one avatar for a long time and then end up getting really frustrated.

florg.gif I got it!! Took me quite a few tries today but I'm ecstatic! Also, I got this message when I submitted my score: "Your score is being reviewed by staff. If it is deemed valid, you will receive your Neopoints and go into the hiscore table." I didn't even realize my score would get me on there! I got really scared for a second because this is the first time I've ever been successful at any flash game and I thought it was going to be something bad (especially since it was in red letters). So if I get a trophy out of this as well, I'm going to be even happier. :D Does anyone know how long it takes for scores to be reviewed? I'm super new to this. :P

Edited by Haliaetus

I've read a couple of guides and they've helped me a little bit, but not much. I like the idea of playing a couple of avatar games a day though. I think I may have to steal that idea from you. :P I usually just keep working toward the one avatar for a long time and then end up getting really frustrated.

florg.gif I got it!! Took me quite a few tries today but I'm ecstatic! Also, I got this message when I submitted my score: "Your score is being reviewed by staff. If it is deemed valid, you will receive your Neopoints and go into the hiscore table." I didn't even realize my score would get me on there! I got really scared for a second because this is the first time I've ever been successful at any flash game and I thought it was going to be something bad (especially since it was in red letters). So if I get a trophy out of this as well, I'm going to be even happier. :D Does anyone know how long it takes for scores to be reviewed? I'm super new to this. :P

Wow, congrats! :D Do you have any recs for guides?

Generally it just takes a day or so for it to be reviewed. :)

Wow, congrats! :D Do you have any recs for guides?

Generally it just takes a day or so for it to be reviewed. :)

Thank you!! This is the guide that helped me the most. The key thing for me was not checking my score every two seconds. I did that a lot before I read that guide, and I would get super distracted and petpets would be falling off the table constantly. The other thing that was most helpful was trying to save two lives by the time I hit around 200 instead of relying on just one life, so I did have to end and restart a handful of times.

Thank you!! This is the guide that helped me the most. The key thing for me was not checking my score every two seconds. I did that a lot before I read that guide, and I would get super distracted and petpets would be falling off the table constantly. The other thing that was most helpful was trying to save two lives by the time I hit around 200 instead of relying on just one life, so I did have to end and restart a handful of times.

Thanks! I'll have to give that a try. I haven't played this game in yeaaaars becayse of how frustrating it is, haha.

Awh congrats on your new avatar! I'm so happy for you. That one is the one I've been working on as well, and it is very difficult! I hope you end up getting a trophy out of it as well! ^^ Let us know how it goes. *goes off to read the guide posted and attempt the avatar, yet again.*

:P

Awh congrats on your new avatar! I'm so happy for you. That one is the one I've been working on as well, and it is very difficult! I hope you end up getting a trophy out of it as well! ^^ Let us know how it goes. *goes off to read the guide posted and attempt the avatar, yet again.*

:P

Thanks! I'm still super pumped from it. I'm still waiting on my score to be reviewed (not sure how I know it's been reviewed/accepted), but as soon as I figure it out I'll definitely post and share about it. ^_^ Best of luck attempting it again! Hope you get it soon. :P

Thanks! I'm still super pumped from it. I'm still waiting on my score to be reviewed (not sure how I know it's been reviewed/accepted), but as soon as I figure it out I'll definitely post and share about it. ^_^ Best of luck attempting it again! Hope you get it soon. :P

If TNT accepts your score they'll send you a neomail. I don't know what happens if they don't accept it, they'll probably send you a neomail in this case as well. Good luck with it. And Congrats on the avatar. :laughingsmiley:

If TNT accepts your score they'll send you a neomail. I don't know what happens if they don't accept it, they'll probably send you a neomail in this case as well. Good luck with it. And Congrats on the avatar. :laughingsmiley:

They send a neo-mail. I score 100k in Wrath of Snowager and occasionally get that mail.

I wish they had an avatar for the wrath of snowager! I love that game. :wub_anim: