Faerie PB Retired - question

Storm

Hello :)

I came back to Neopets 3 months ago after a 10 year break.

What really hit me was the fact that Faerie Paint Brush has been retired (since 2003?), so since the Faerie PB is one of my absolutely fav. items, I saved up a lot of NPs and started buying a lot of em.

Though I realized, the Auction and TP are full of em. How come?

Is it possible to get the Faerie PB through random events / dailies? Or are all Faerie PBs you see today cause people hoarded from the Faerie Plot a few years back?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Zombiiesque).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

Faerie PBs are still available as a prize from the Faerie Caves. I think the retired status just means that it was retired from the Hidden Tower, but I can't say for sure if Jacko still gives them out or not. But they definitely are still entering the economy through the Faerie Caves, so there is no worry about them becomming unavailable for the time being. :)

Rebecca is right, they were retired from the Hidden Tower.

There was a huuge influx of them from the Plot that happened a while ago, The Faerie's Ruin, as they were one of the prizes and didn't cost a massive of prize points. The amount of PBs around could still be the aftermath of that.

So glad to hear that. I was seriously buying them in bulks (have like 10) cause I was so scared of not being able to paint my pets faerie. Guess I look a little silly now :)

Aw I'm sorry about that! Maybe you could create a big fam of Faerie pets? That would be pretty neat! :D

Even better...you could save them in the hopes of selling during a future inflation :D

I have actually seen them deflating. They used to be 1.25 million in the auctions but are know 1.18 million. I am not sure investing would be a good idea until the Faerie Caverns ever is retired.

Well obviously I meant in the faaar future :P Storm already bought them, no? If it were me, I'd just wait for a couple of years or so instead of selling them back again immediately and possibly losing out on a potential profit (again, in the VERY long run)

Well obviously I meant in the faaar future :P Storm already bought them, no? If it were me, I'd just wait for a couple of years or so instead of selling them back again immediately and possibly losing out on a potential profit (again, in the VERY long run)

But since there is a daily giving them out, wouldn't it mean its price will drop until the daily goes away?

I was going more off of what Saxen said about those PBs being common plot prizes, and the plot wasn't that long ago. Once the ones from the plot are gone, the prices will be stabilized by the ones coming from the Faerie Caves, but I would think that there would be less around in general and thus not enough new PBs to make the price decrease significantly...it's not like they're going to start basically handing them out from the daily like Hasees or anything (I hope!)

Winning a Faerie Paint Brush from the Farerie Caverns is SO rare. They are not given out often enough to keep the price low. I'm not sure if they're given out in any other daily.

The plot more-so effects the price, where the paint brush was going for 600k-800k. Not everyone has spent their points, as the shop never closes, and will wait for the PB to inflate more before cashing them in... which will only lower the price again after it inflates back to "normal" price range.

That makes sense hrtbrk. I had no idea you could win a paintbrush at the faerie caverns. The first time I did the caverns I ended up winning some neopoints and an item of which I can't remember. I've done it about 4 times after that, and zip, nada. So I stopped. xD Perhaps I should try again after hearing this!

Is it worth it to invest in a Faerie PB then? Even though the prize shop never closes, I don't think that'll be enough of a factor to really cause the price of the PB to drop again after inflating once a lot have been used.

Is it worth it to invest in a Faerie PB then? Even though the prize shop never closes, I don't think that'll be enough of a factor to really cause the price of the PB to drop again after inflating once a lot have been used.

Well I think it will stay the same eventually or rise back up to 1.3million because even after the prize shop points are spent, the Faerie Caverns still hand them out.

They are not given out often enough by the Faerie Caverns to have an affect on the price lol

You totally could, but I know a lot of people who have hoarded faerie pbs for when they inflate again, and know a lot of people who haven't even spent any plot points.

They will rise, but I don't think they'll be back to the price they once were for a long long time.

They are not given out often enough by the Faerie Caverns to have an affect on the price lol

You totally could, but I know a lot of people who have hoarded faerie pbs for when they inflate again, and know a lot of people who haven't even spent any plot points.

They will rise, but I don't think they'll be back to the price they once were for a long long time.

But won't the Faerie Caverns keep the price in check for a while which is why it might take a long time to inflate.

lol No. Obtaining a Faerie Paint Brush from there is as rare as getting the background. It's RARE. As in, thinly distributed.

They are taking so long to inflate because of The Faeries Ruin plot, where everyone and their dog got a zillion brushes because they were so cheap, not only in the prize shop, but in the market as well.

It's a bad idea to invest in PBs in general. The market is too unreliable. Heck, a few months ago the Woodland pb was 8m and now it's hovering around 2.5.

lol No. Obtaining a Faerie Paint Brush from there is as rare as getting the background. It's RARE. As in, thinly distributed.

They are taking so long to inflate because of The Faeries Ruin plot, where everyone and their dog got a zillion brushes because they were so cheap, not only in the prize shop, but in the market as well.

It's a bad idea to invest in PBs in general. The market is too unreliable. Heck, a few months ago the Woodland pb was 8m and now it's hovering around 2.5.

Wish I could 'like this' but I've reached my quota. Haha. Thank you for that tip though and for clearing that up.