What's your 'personality type'?

Saxen

I've always been INTJ (with J being especially strong - which totally makes sense, I hate indecision and the unknown, haha), but I think I'm becoming more extroverted as I age. After a hard day I really want to talk it out with someone, and I feel weird leaving work if I haven't really had a conversation with anyone all day, whereas when I was in high school nothing re-energized me more than a long nap and a good hour of quiet reading/internetting.

Edit: Hmm, still ~officially~ introverted, but I used to score 70%+ on these scales. I guess it's true that where you get and direct your emotional energy can change over time!

INTJ

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(12%) Judging(89%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)

You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)

You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

I wish I still remembered what exactly the middle letters were in reference to; I took a class on this test once but all I remember really clearly is that E/I = where you get your energy (from other people or from solitude), and J/P = how comfortable you are with uncertainty (J = extremely uncomfortable, needs to plan things out and needs to know exactly where they stand in all of their relationships). I think N/S was whether one bases decisions on on-paper facts/history or on personal experience, but I'm not sure.

I do know the outer letters are how you live your life and the inner ones are how you relate to others in personal relationships.

Edit again: N/S is whether you rely on text/explicit facts (S) or subtext/implication and hidden meaning (N), and T/F I think is whether you are more empathetic (F) or whether you naturally try to "look at the facts"/apply some kind of black and white morality to situations (T). Again, these are the letters that relate to how you deal with relationships, while the outer letters are about how you operate in the world overall.

I've always been an ENFJ but I took it again just now for fun, and what do you know!
Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(62%) Judging(56%)
You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)
I know for certain the "J" rings most true for me. I am avid about organization and planning in my every day life. I think I get more pleasure from planning trips and events than I do from actually participating in them. And I love making to-do lists and following through with them.

I'm an INTP, but my N and P are both only about 51% (I and T are ~90% and ~70%, respectively).

51% is still a lot! That means that on a scale of 0 - 200, with 0 being S and 200 being N, you're a 151. A lower percentage just means you're closer to the midrange/more balanced between the two preferences.

51% is still a lot! That means that on a scale of 0 - 200, with 0 being S and 200 being N, you're a 151. A lower percentage just means you're closer to the midrange/more balanced between the two preferences.

Oh, actually the site I took it on (quite a while ago) was done differently than that--it listed both traits and put them out of 100%. So, something like:

I: 90% ... E: 10%

N: 51% ... S: 49%

...and so on.

So I see what you mean, but I don't think it was the case here!

Oh, actually the site I took it on (quite a while ago) was done differently than that--it listed both traits and put them out of 100%. So, something like:

I: 90% ... E: 10%

N: 51% ... S: 49%

...and so on.

So I see what you mean, but I don't think it was the case here!

Oh, how weird! Try this one if you want, it's the version of the test I've had professors use in a few different psych/leadership courses I've taken (and the one most of the people on this board are going off of) - http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

The trick is to take it as fast as you can, more or less by instinct. It usually takes about 2 minutes. :D

ISTJ
Introvert(44%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

That's what I got. ;x

Not surprised with those results really. Surprised introvert isn't higher.

I remember doing this last year.. I forgot what I got though XD. Here's mine:

Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(38%) Judging(67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's funny, my class did this personality test a few weeks ago, and I'm actually working on a research study regarding these personality types and learning styles (just finishing up my questionnaire now). I'm an INFJ too, the only one in my class and out of my close friends and family (I had them take the test too). It's interesting there's a good number of us on here! :P

I've always been INFJ but more recently scored as INFP, so I guess I've become a bit more flexible! The INFJ description suits me best, though. Always have only a slight preference for introversion but quite a decided and strong preference for Intuition and Feeling.

I don't really think these tests are very insightful, but they're still fun to do, especially with your friends. One of my friends got such an accurate result that it actually scared her. :-)

ISFP

Introvert(78%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(62%) Perceiving(33)%

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

I'm an ISTJ. I used to always be really far on the Sensing side of things but as I've gotten a little older I've gained some iNtuitive-ness. It's interesting to see how your type changes over time :)

ISFJ

Introvert(44%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(12%) Judging(1%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

It said something like I am 33% judging! lol :P

Oh, the "J"/judging letter indicates how comfortable you are with uncertainty - judgers are people who prefer to have a detailed itinerary planned out before taking a vacation and who need to know exactly where they stand with their friends/partners/etc. It doesn't mean you're prejudiced! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fairly certain I've taken this test before, but I don't remember the outcome. I know I always get Introverted, so that was no surprise. I'm INTJ, though.

INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(38%) Judging(11%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I've noticed there tends to be a lot more Introverts on forums. I've always been curious of the reasoning behind that.

ISTJ

Introvert(89%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(50%) Judging(22%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

I will forever remain strongly introverted. :P This describes me very well, especially the I and T. :P

ISTJ
Introvert(89%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(50%) Judging(22%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

I will forever remain strongly introverted. :P This describes me very well, especially the I and T. :P

What?! You're also ISTJ? The I letter has the same percentage as mine, and the general trends are the same with the exception that my T has less % and J has more %.

INTJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(25%) Judging(33%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

I think I have become more introverted as compared to when I was younger. Interesting quiz!