Sid will be back because BD is closing down ?!

Angeló

I missed Sid (again .. for the 4th or 5th time Iam ONLINE when he appears) !!!!!! no one neomailed me :(((

I hope they'll bring him back again tomorrow or something because the BD is closing down ........

I've looked back in time thanks to Google, and it seems he mostly appears in October and the avatar was released then. You never know, they might release it again!

I'm sorry you missed it sweetpea :( I didn't know you still needed it or I would have neomailed you! I'll remember this for next time if I see it on the boards x

Dang, I need it too. I just can't be bothered to check all of the time. Do we know if the avatar will still be obtainable after the revamp?

It's not known :/ I imagine that it will be though, I cant see them retiring it just cause the Battledome is getting re-done. *crosses fingers just in case*

Eeeek! I really hope they put Sid on overdrive for the next couple of days cause I will be checking non stop. I don't want to risk the chance of losing the opportunity for the avvie!

I really hope that happens! I'd keep an eye on the Avatar and Battledome Neoboards ^^

Edit: FANTASTIC MEMBER NOWZ :D

Aww, congrats Saxen! :D

Anyway, I'm so mad about Sid. I missed him by less than ten minutes! Not even exaggerating. I was checking the neoboards last night - which I rarely do - and saw a Sid topic. It was so recent, I ran to the battledome - and nope, no luck.

I missed him too! And I've totally been doing 1-P battles more recently. I wish someone would neomail me when he's up, too! Also, I hope he does appear more often this month. That would be awesome.

I missed him too! And I've totally been doing 1-P battles more recently. I wish someone would neomail me when he's up, too! Also, I hope he does appear more often this month. That would be awesome.

He actually should, I heard on the neo-boards that on October, the month the avvie was released he comes more often.

On the last day the BD is up, he should just be in there all day because TNT loves us :P

No one really has much idea on the time frame. With TNT, things usually get done either quicker or much slower than expected, so it's hard to tell.

On the last day the BD is up, he should just be in there all day because TNT loves us :P

I sure hope this happens , although it's highly unlikely :) I hope he stays in the new BD

from the news :)

11th October

• Battledome Update! - We wanted to let you know that we are currently planning on shutting down the old Battledome early next week. Unless that changes (we'll let you know), you'll have through the weekend if you want to spend some time fighting for old time's sake. We've also put up an FAQ Question with information on what you need to do before the old system is shut down. (The short answer is nothing! There's nothing you need to do!) More information will be released as we get closer to the betas!

from the FAQ:

Is there anything I need to do before the old Battledome is shut down to make way for the new one?

Nope! There is nothing you need to do unless you want to battle in the old system one last time for posterity, taking screenshots to print out later and clutch in your arms while crying yourself to sleep at night. Not that we've done that or anything.... o_O

To be a bit more specific:

• All your records and stats will remain intact (though they won't be viewable during the downtime).

• There is no rush to train or defeat certain challengers before closing. You can train during the downtime if you wish.

• Any equipment attached to your Neopets will be right where you left them when the new Battledome launches. However, you won't have access to the unequip page during the downtime! If you want access to these items during that time for whatever reason (to sell, trade, stare at, etc) you should unequip them now. If you want to keep them safe from REs and the like, it's better to leave them equipped.

More information on what's changed/new in the new Battledome will be coming as we get into Closed Beta!

so i don't think we should have to worry about them retiring the avatar :D but i do hope you manage to find Sid before they take the Battledome down! ^_^ good luck Angelo! :D

from the news :)

11th October

• Battledome Update! - We wanted to let you know that we are currently planning on shutting down the old Battledome early next week. Unless that changes (we'll let you know), you'll have through the weekend if you want to spend some time fighting for old time's sake. We've also put up an FAQ Question with information on what you need to do before the old system is shut down. (The short answer is nothing! There's nothing you need to do!) More information will be released as we get closer to the betas!

from the FAQ:

Is there anything I need to do before the old Battledome is shut down to make way for the new one?

Nope! There is nothing you need to do unless you want to battle in the old system one last time for posterity, taking screenshots to print out later and clutch in your arms while crying yourself to sleep at night. Not that we've done that or anything.... o_O

To be a bit more specific:
  • All your records and stats will remain intact (though they won't be viewable during the downtime).
    • There is no rush to train or defeat certain challengers before closing. You can train during the downtime if you wish.
      • Any equipment attached to your Neopets will be right where you left them when the new Battledome launches. However, you won't have access to the unequip page during the downtime! If you want access to these items during that time for whatever reason (to sell, trade, stare at, etc) you should unequip them now. If you want to keep them safe from REs and the like, it's better to leave them equipped.

More information on what's changed/new in the new Battledome will be coming as we get into Closed Beta!

so i don't think we should have to worry about them retiring the avatar :D but i do hope you manage to find Sid before they take the Battledome down! ^_^ good luck Angelo! :D

Thanks for the notice. I have to say I can stop trying to beat opponents that much now. :D