Halloween 2012

Sakeru_Kyori

I love Halloween!!!!!!!!!! ^___^ It's been my favorite holiday since I was very little and I adore all things scary and spooky and creepy! I'm so excited to share the ways of halloween with my daughter to teach her the fun and greatness of it.

Though unfortunately, unlike when I was a kid, they have flippin curfews now and you can't trust the candy. How annoying is that?

So we'll carve our pumpkins (hopefully we'll have enough for Jack, Sally, Zero, Shock, Lock, and Barrel ^_-) and set out our pumkin seeds to make later. Then we'll get all dresed up and walk around to get some candy and after that, secretly throw away all the candy and fill Riley's bucket up with our own candy :P just to be safe.

Not sure what we'll be dressing up as. Riley was a Batarina and I was a Fallen Angel last year. ^_^

What are your plans for this Holloween?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Neopets General Chat to General Chat.

I love Halloween too - I agree with every last one of your exclamation marks, haha! c:

Unfortunately Halloween isn't a very big holiday in Sweden (I think it has to do with the fact that most 'kids' around here - in the cities, at least - wouldn't even bother asking for a treat *cough*)

I think I'll have to settle for eating candy and watching horror movies :P

I loooove Halloween. I'll probably go to a party of some sort, but not sure what I'm dressing up as. My roommates and I will also probably carve some pumpkins, roast pumpkin seeds, and buy some candy to give out. ^_^

Though unfortunately, unlike when I was a kid, they have flippin curfews now and you can't trust the candy. How annoying is that?

When I was younger, trick-or-treating usually wrapped up by 9:00 or so anyway because it's mostly really young kids.

The "don't trust the candy" thing is also largely a myth, so I wouldn't worry too much. :) There have only been a handful of cases of people tampering with Halloween candy, and no one has ever been harmed as a result of tampering by a stranger - it's usually a family member targeting their own child and trying to make it look like they aren't to blame. Just throw out anything that's homemade, unwrapped, or has a torn wrapper, and you should be fine!

I haven't dressed up in years...I think my university orchestra will be having a Halloween-themed party that night, so I guess that's what I'll be doing :D if I must find a costume, I wouldn't mind being perhaps a generic lady from Star Trek serving on the U.S.S. Enterprise :P

They've been saying not to trust candy for years, but in my area, parents just check to make sure the candy's packaging isn't injured or punctured in any way. Then we get to enjoy the tasty treats we gathered!

The "don't trust the candy" thing is also largely a myth, so I wouldn't worry too much. :) There have only been a handful of cases of people tampering with Halloween candy, and no one has ever been harmed as a result of tampering by a stranger - it's usually a family member targeting their own child and trying to make it look like they aren't to blame. Just throw out anything that's homemade, unwrapped, or has a torn wrapper, and you should be fine!

This. :D So even if you don't want to trust the candy to the young-un, you can set it aside to eat yourself- you can look at it closely, and inspect the wrapper, and if you're not sure about it, throw it out. :)

I do enjoy halloween, though I'm generally too lazy to do much! I could carve some pumpkins, but I would probably have to ask permission to put them at the front of the house (I live in a basement suite that has an entrance off the side of the building. The front steps are for the tennants upstairs). Because of where I live, I veeeeeery much doubt I'll get any Trick or Treaters as well.

i'll probably just be hanging out with my girlfriend, eating candy, and watching scary movies. :D

I too am a Halloween fanatic! It's by far my favorite holiday of the year. Ahh, so much cute stuff, want it all. I used to have Halloween shower curtains and towels - Target FTW! I wish they'd come back out with those. I already have my lights strung on my porch, and I know we're carving pumpkins, I'll probably put out some decorations. I am not sure how many trick or treaters we'll get - I don't know if they'll be going to something organized or going door to door but I'll have my pumpkin bowl filled for them just in case. Not like it won't get eaten in this house. If I were to go all out we'd get all zombiefied and have spooky music going, too.

I hope every one of you have agreat time ^___^

As for the comments on the candy, we've had issues before with needles and believe it or not a circular blade in candy. Also a few times when I was younger with stuff like that. People are out there that are just messed up in the head. I just beleive it to be safer to buy my own candy and switch it out with the other to be safe. :)

My favorite part of Halloween by the way, are the pumpkin seeds ^__^ I over did the salt one year and there was a coding of it all around the seed edges haha :P

I used to celebrate Halloween, but I really don't anymore. I'm just not the partying sort, is all. I did always have fun trick-or-treating as a kid, though. Used to come back with a huge pillow sack full of candy.

But it will give me some peace and quiet in my dorm room.

I love Halloween! But I am not the partying type either (and I'm in college) so I'll probably do nothing. We had trick or treating in my dorm last year which was awesome :D As in participating rooms would give out candy.

If I do end up doing something, I'm thinking of going as Sarah Palin haha Like make the haristyle she usually has, and we have similar glasses.

As for the comments on the candy, we've had issues before with needles and believe it or not a circular blade in candy. Also a few times when I was younger with stuff like that. People are out there that are just messed up in the head. I just beleive it to be safer to buy my own candy and switch it out with the other to be safe. :)

Oh wow. o_O I have never heard of anything like that happening around here, and I had heard that it was mostly just urban myth- I can't believe people actually do that kind of crap- and to CANDY. Ugh! D: Not the caaaaaaaaaaandy!

Oh wow. o_O I have never heard of anything like that happening around here, and I had heard that it was mostly just urban myth- I can't believe people actually do that kind of crap- and to CANDY. Ugh! D: Not the caaaaaaaaaaandy!

Some places are just lucky :) but becareful all the same because you never know. Have a great Halloween ^_-.

Some places are just lucky :) but becareful all the same because you never know. Have a great Halloween ^_-.

Hahha, thanks for the reassurance. ;) Well, my candy will be coming fromma big box from one store or another, not from tick or treating- I'm just a tad too old to still get away with it. ;) I will give my brother a heads up though, since my neice will probably be going out (though, she's not even two yet, so I imagine that he will be eating most of the candy, lol :P)

I'm not sure what I'm doing for Halloween, but it's my favorite holiday. This month I plan to watch Halloween type movies, such as Ernest Scared Stupid and read some scary books. I'm going to put up some Halloween stuff on my windows and decorate my room.

Halloween is so much fun. The thing I think I miss most is Trick or Treating. I stopped when I was 13 since that is the age people stop Tricking or Treating where I live.

I will be going to a huge haunted house with my boyfriend this year. Lots of good food and scary ghouls. ^^

I love Halloween as well ^_^ I think it's waaay better than Christmas :D hehe

I've been invited to a party, and I think I'm going to dress up as Peter Pan :3 Going to try and get my Tumblr friend to come down and part-ay with me ^^

My Halloween costume was going to be a bit pricey, so I really can't do anything for Halloween.

I was going to dress as a succubus, but not many people at school would know what I am going as at first glance so I'd have to explain. I hate explaining.

I love Halloween as well ^_^ I think it's waaay better than Christmas :D hehe

I've been invited to a party, and I think I'm going to dress up as Peter Pan :3 Going to try and get my Tumblr friend to come down and part-ay with me ^^

Going by your profile picture, I can totally see you as Peter Pan :D Not saying that you look like a boy, because you absolutely don't, but you've got a Peter Pan like thing going :P

Going by your profile picture, I can totally see you as Peter Pan :D Not saying that you look like a boy, because you absolutely don't, but you've got a Peter Pan like thing going :P

Aww thank you! :* I wouldn't mind if you thought I looked like a boy, I think I do a lil :P I've been wanting to dress up as him for ages, think this be the year! I have weirdly coloured gingery/red hair as well now :3 lol. I consider this a massive compliment btw, thank you again :D hehe

It absolutely is a massive compliment :D And I'm glad you didn't take what I said in a bad way, because I know that with some girls, I'd be on shaky ground with that comment. It was a bit of a gamble, but I wouldn't have said it if I thought it would be badly received :)

It absolutely is a massive compliment :D And I'm glad you didn't take what I said in a bad way, because I know that with some girls, I'd be on shaky ground with that comment. It was a bit of a gamble, but I wouldn't have said it if I thought it would be badly received :)

*hugs* :D

Some girls place way too much importance on their femininity :P I'm not one of those girls. Feel a bit funny wearing skirts/dresses actually XP The last time I went out for Halloween I was a zombie (been a hermit for a couple of years D:). Peter Pan isn't exactly Halloween-y but whatever :laughingsmiley: