My Tumblr is broken/Broken (Read only mode) webpage problem

Lady Lyuba

I know issues like this probably are not right for the forum, but I need help. My Tumblr is broken on FireFox. What can I do to fix it? Here is what it looks like:

EDIT: It is now affecting Chrome as well.

wtf_zps71d2e723.jpg

That's really weird, I'm using FF as well and Tumblr's just fine for me (good thing too my friends are up to shenanigans..)

I'm going to assume you did this, but I'm going to ask anyways- have you tried hard refreshing and restarting your browser?

That's really weird, I'm using FF as well and Tumblr's just fine for me (good thing too my friends are up to shenanigans..)

I'm going to assume you did this, but I'm going to ask anyways- have you tried hard refreshing and restarting your browser?

I tried that, it didn't work.

looks like a cache error. Try clearing your browser cache.

I tried that, too, didn't work.

I get this the odd time on Neopets and if I wait a few minutes and just keep refreshing it will rectify. Another thing that also helps me is to close and reopen my browser. If all else fails just check back later. I had this happen with Shutterfly a couple weeks ago. I waited about an hour or more after I finished a few things around the house and it worked properly.

Take a look at elissinia's post. They have tried every trick in the book and nothing worked. The same goes for this person: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110920193548AAEUqVE Every trick, no success, and they had the problem last over a week.

I have tried every trick with FireFox and Chrome, and nothing. I think my Tumblr is permanently broken unless there is some strange way of fixing it that I am unaware of.

I poked one of our staff who helps develop the FF browser. He mentioned it could possibly be a malware issue, but it's more than likely a tumblr server issue, which users have no control over, and that should fix itself eventually. If you have any anti-virus software, give it a quick run, but it's more than likely a server issue.

Ok now it's doing it for everyone, it looks like you were just one of the first to get hit with the glitch. *pokes tumblr* Quit being stupid.

*LOL* It's affecting everybody now? Then it was a server issue with Tumblr. :laughingsmiley:

Are you using a custom dashboard theme?

Nope, I don't even know how to make a custom dashboard.

For the past few days me and my 3 other flat mates have all been having problems with Tumblr at different times of the day. I think it's probably just some issues on their end? 4 of us all having issues can't just be our laptops/my house mates ipad.