How can you make expensive pets your actives?

candy_pals_134

I've been boochied 3 times my neo life. I just painted my pet royal and want to make her my active, but I'm extremely paranoid that I will be boochied again. There's no way to repel boochi right? Aren't people ever scared of being boochied or is it just me? lol

Unless you have an UC pet as your active there's always the chance you'll get zapped unfortunately :(

I don't keep Organs as my active for this reason, she's also Royal :P

I am so paranoid about this as well! I have a few babies, so I always try to make sure my accounts have a baby as an active and if not, I pick a pet where I wouldn't be horrified if they were changed into a baby. I notice a lot of people have royals and draiks and such as their actives and I do wonder the same thing - though I only learned of "boochi" recently when some frantic neofriend mailed me and explained (because I had an expensive pet as my active) so perhaps some people are not aware?!

I used to have a brown Grundo on my main account as my active for that reason. After returning from my last hiatus, I've seen cloud paint brushes have really deflated so I just keep my cloud Flotsam active, since he's very cheap to repaint.

That said, I haven't been boochied yet but I've been hit by an invisible RE 2-3 times and for that reason, I never have any of my other more expensively painted pets as an active for a long time, I used to think it wouldn't happen to me but it did and more than once.

FFqcJ.png

I used to have a brown Grundo on my main account as my active for that reason. After returning from my last hiatus, I've seen cloud paint brushes have really deflated so I just keep my cloud Flotsam active, since he's very cheap to repaint.

That said, I haven't been boochied yet but I've been hit by an invisible RE 2-3 times and for that reason, I never have any of my other more expensively painted pets as an active for a long time, I used to think it wouldn't happen me but it happened.

FFqcJ.png

Wow. It seems that I have been missing out on these RE's. The last good one I've got was over 1 1/2 years ago and was a mootix.

I've been lucky- I have never been hit with a colour changing RE. I keep Ansteigen active mainly becuase my NeoQuest game is tied to him, and so any stat changing REs effect him- he's my battle pet, after all.

I'm not too worried if he gets hit. I mean, I would really rather he didn't, since I don't want to spend another 1.3m on a Faerie PB if I don't have to, but it's not like it would be the end of the world if he does get hit.

I'd rather be hit by boochi than be turned invisible, but I try to keep my cheapest pets active. One of my pets is a basic colour (red), so I wouldn't be devastated if he was changed.

I suppose the only real way to prevent it is to choose a species that can't turn baby/invisible, although I'm not sure that exists. I know some pets haven't been released in 'invisible', but I don't know about baby. I guess there's also no guarantee that they won't release that colour on the next pet day. :P

I was hit by the invisible one once (on my lab rat). I always keep my cheapest painted pet (Christmas), who also happens to be my battle pet, active, both because she's cheapest to repaint and so she'll get any stat raising events. There's no way I would risk my other Unis (Eventide, Woodland and Water), and I don't relly like my lab pet at the moment (blue Yurble).

I keep my Royal Boy Pteri active, and honestly I'd laugh if he was turned into an egg by Boochi :P A super strong battle egg! On my side accounts, I avoid putting ALP pets as active. That would cause some troubles if they got turned invisible or baby.

I have never been hit by a color change RE. But this is the reason licketies my magma Uni is never my active. My active is almost always my red Wocky but I still wouldn't be pleased if she was hit either, because of her customisations. Because it would be a drain on my neopoints to buy a PB to change her back. Just have to hope not to get hit.

Never Boochied, but it seems you have a bit of good/bad luck there. (whatever you consider, lol)

However, there is no way to prevent those RE's from happening.

You can, though, use your main pet as active when you're chatting on boards and what not, but when you're going from page to page, use a pet you wouldn't mind being zapped.

I had a Boochi scare not so long ago. I had just painted my Krawk camouflage, which isn't an expensive colour, so if it happened it wouldn't be that big a deal. But I had JUST painted him, so had Boochi not missed, that would be money out the window (the used paint brush, and another to repair what Boochi ruined). So now I always keep my labbie active, unless I need to have another pet active for whatever reason.

I really think they should do away with the spontaneous colour changers. It can't be right that we need to use one of our pet slots for an inexpensive "throw away" pet colour.

I've been lucky- I have never been hit with a colour changing RE. I keep Ansteigen active mainly becuase my NeoQuest game is tied to him, and so any stat changing REs effect him- he's my battle pet, after all.

I'm not too worried if he gets hit. I mean, I would really rather he didn't, since I don't want to spend another 1.3m on a Faerie PB if I don't have to, but it's not like it would be the end of the world if he does get hit.

Ditto, all the way around. I've never once (knock wood) been hit by a random paint brush event, lucky I guess? Nocturnoxis is in the middle of NeoQuest I, so I don't want to switch her out. I guess I would just go back to zapping her by the lab ray, if she did get hit.

I am terrified of getting Boochi-ed, I'd never put either of my poogles as active for that reason even though I'd love to see my faerie poogle in the corner of every page!

That actually happened to me not too long ago though. I never thought any of my pets would get zapped, so I kept my tyrannian kougra as active just in case. I painted her back when the tyrannian kougrass looked a bit different and I liked her much before they got redesigned, so I didn't really mind if she got zapped. And what do you know, about a week ago Boochi actually appeared! So now I have a baby kougra.

Since I have never gotten a colour changing RE (Last night I did get visited by Boochi, but he missed, thankfully), I feel a bit braver to make one of my more expensively painted pets active. Shuhune is my battle pet, so I make sure she's active for some things, such as Faerie Quests, but it would be a pain having to save up for another Darigan PB if she does get hit. But I don't worry too much as I seldom get REs. For the most part though, I keep my cheapest painted pet, Blankstarr, or my basic colour pet, Azarale, active. That way I can easily paint them back if one of them gets affected.

ironically my baby uni pet got hit by the invisible RE, my very first painted pet and i was so upset for about 3 days *now i've just decided to lab her until she turns ixi then paint her royal* but i never had her as active, until one fateful day i decided the fishing avatar was taking too long and i was going to do it with all my pets rather than just one.

and *BAM* invisible :(

never had Boochi, which is annoying since i wanted a baby pet for ages before i went on hiatus, now all the baby pets (converted) aren't as cute as they were before :P

a few people keep a spare FFQ (if they are lucky) to repaint active pets if they get hit, i've also heard lots of NCers repeatedly request TNT make a NC/NP Boochi Shield but i really would like it if they had an option in your preferences to whether or not your pets would be safe, that way you wouldn't need to be NP or NC rich to protect your pets.