Puzzle Challenge 2

Izzy ♥

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you PM her the numbers that should be where the question marks are. and you fidn that out by how many lines are on that square...

Puzzle Number Eight

Puzzle8.jpg

This is exactly the same as puzzle two, 1 point for 3-letter words, 2 for 4-letter words, 3 for 5-letter words and 4 for the 6-letter word. Remember PM answers!

I've solved it also! It's a piece of cake with all those clues.I wonder what I have done wrong.

Yea, I had like 60% of it finished, I just couldn't get it to connect. Then Isabel gave us that clue, and BOOM it just went right together! Thanks so much!

EDIT: *poke* Stop giving up wordy problems. TJ is better with numbers. :P Just Kidding!

ya I didn't bother doing the slitherlink either-_-

*wonders how much words there are for puzzle eight*

EDIT: *poke* Stop giving up wordy problems. TJ is better with numbers. :P Just Kidding!

Shh, I like wordy problems, they're much easier to write :D There are some math ones coming though (including a "fiendish" level Sudoku) so don't worry... I was just in a bit of a hurry last night as I thought I'd already written the one for Saturday, but apparently not. I needed something quick :yes:

*wonders how much words there are for puzzle eight*

There are quite a few, won't say exactly how many, but more than there were for #2.

On a side note - I'll close the Crossword, the Slitherlink, and the Sudoku when I release the next puzzle tonight. That way we'll be back on schedule I think, its getting a bit confusing having so many puzzles open at once :P

Bonus

4 ? 6 ? 2 = 8 ? 2 ? 3

Replace the question marks with multiplacation (x) or division (/) signs so that both sides are equal. Bonus so 2 points, post your answer, etc.

Bonus

4 ? 6 ? 2 = 8 ? 2 ? 3

Replace the question marks with multiplacation (x) or division (/) signs so that both sides are equal. Bonus so 2 points, post your answer, etc.

4x6/2=8/2x3

muhahahahahaha

...wow me actully online in time to answer one O.o ..AND knowing hte answer..shocker, lol

Another answer:

4 x 6 x 2 = 8 x 2 x 3

24 x 2 = 16 x 3

48=48

Shh, I like wordy problems, they're much easier to write There are some math ones coming though (including a "fiendish" level Sudoku) so don't worry... I was just in a bit of a hurry last night as I thought I'd already written the one for Saturday, but apparently not. I needed something quick

I was just joking. :P I can understand! But the sudoku sounds challenging!

Okay, there were three puzzles ending tonight so here were the answers:

Puzzle Five (Crossword)

Answer: Wish upon a star

Across:

1. Nasty

8. Handicap

9. Donor

10. Crypt

11. Scare

14. Essay

16. Macrophage

17. To

19. Photograph

23. United

25. Serpentine

26. Enlighten

27. Next

Down:

2. Associate

3. Yours

4. Choir

5. One

6. Microscope

7. Apathy

12. Cupboard

13. Engage

15. Ant

18. Obedient

19. Pitiful

20. Knife

21. Burnt

22. White

24. Keen

Puzzle Six (Slitherlink)

Answer: 2, 1, 2, 2, 3, 0

If anyone wants the full path let me know and I'll post it.

Puzzle Seven (Sudoku)

Answer: 56

Individual numbers in order from top to bottom were 7, 9, 5, 9, 6, 5, 9, 3, 3.

Score Update

Webpixie 32

Justin 117

Vivi 7

Eric 2

TBC 23

Gilbil 19

MOP 0

Wells 2

Crash 36

TJ 81

Zac 2

Dan 0

Bub156 0

Ishamaria 43

Penguin 78

Jobo12345 12

Strategos 12

Myriad 2

I've had 2 votes to keep an updated version of this on my first post and one against. Once I have 5 votes total I'll make a decision, so please include your opinion with your answer to the puzzle, okay?

Puzzle Number Nine

Puzzle9.jpg

Okay, there are two options for answering this one: either copy the pic into paint, circle the differences, then upload the image so I can see it or describe what the differences are. I'd prefer you used the first method, simply because its easier for me to see which part you're talking about but its up to you. Each difference you find is worth 1 point. Remember whichever method you chose - PM your answers!

YAY i love these puzzles so much easier!!! Aww...tooo bad people who don't come in first, secodn or third, get a prize :evo:

but ya i finshed puzzle nine easiy...i hope i spotted all the differnces

Words for puzzle #8 were:

--> 3-letter words: rug, rue, rep, red, per, peg, erg, dug, due

--> 4-letter words: urge, rued, rude, pure, dupe, drug, dreg

--> 5-letter words: urged, purge, prude

--> 6-letter word: purged

Puzzle Number Ten

Puzzle10.jpg

Good luck, this one's worth 5 points :) Remember, PM answers to me!

:D No-one posted between my last post and the new puzzle, so hopefully you all remember to check even though the topic's not bumped...

Anyway, here's the answers for the spot the difference:

Puzzle9ans.jpg

Puzzle Number Eleven

Puzzle11.jpg

This one's a little harder than the last Sudoku so its worth 10 points :) Remember, add all the shaded squares together and PM the total to me!

Yes!!! Another Su Doku these are much easier than the word ones

Well that particular Sudoku came from the Times and it was rated "Fiendish"... once you know how to do them though, none are particularly difficult ;)

Bonus

Bonus2.jpg

Bonus so its worth 2 points :D