Mysterious Negg Cave Help Thread

Spritzie

Hi.. I have no idea how this works. .So can someone solve it for me please?

I do need a clear indication of which belongs to which though thank you.. Untitledsg.png

I know this is in the eleventh hour, but here goes:

yellow square, red flower, purple square

red square, purple flower, yellow flame

purple flame, red flame, yellow flower.

I know this is in the eleventh hour, but here goes:

yellow square, red flower, purple square

red square, purple flower, yellow flame

purple flame, red flame, yellow flower.

seems i saw your comment too late LOL

I have one more, please do help me thank youuuu! <3<3<3 Untitledaf.png

I have one more, please do help me thank youuuu! <3 <3<3 Untitledaf.png

This one is pretty tricky. Hopefully I got it right.

yellow square, red square, red flame

purple square, yellow flame, purple flower

red flower, yellow flower, purple flame.

I have one more, please do help me thank youuuu! <3 <3<3 Untitledaf.png

yellow square, red square, red fire

purple square, yellow volcano, purple flower

red flower, yellow flower, purple volcano

There just has to be one symbol of each colour, and the clues you're given has to fit within the 3x3 square. There could be a piece with three vertical boxes with a red circle in the bottom. That indicates that there has to be a red symbol somewhere on the bottom row.

When this puzzle was first made into a daily, a lot of people came to ask for help, but now that many of the possible combinations has been compiled in a TDN guide, not as many come to ask for help. But I don't think they cover every single possible combination, so sometimes people have to ask for help :)

It's a good sign that we agree on this :P

Haha, it was quite unfortunate we posted at roughly the same time... You ninja'd me! :O

But yes, exactly. Fill in any of the combinations they give you and figure out which colour/figure combination you're still missing. Sometimes you might end up with doubles, in that case you may have to rotate one of the clues. It's pretty easy to do once you figure it out. :)

It seems I'm having a glitch... I usually clear those puzzles rather fast, but this one is impossible unless there's a glitch

IsItSolved.png

I can't see any other solution...

If I decide that the purple spot is in the central position (using the two top blocks constraints) then:

- either I end up with 4 red spots (because of the purple shield - red flower blocks constraint I have one more red spot above the central position)

- or I put that block constraint between the two red spots (top and bottom) on the rignt column so I end up with two red spots on bottom line or two purple spots on middle line and I can't use the two shields and a flame blocks constraint

Then obviously I can only place the first two constraints like this:

yellow - purple - red

undefined - purple - red

undefined - red - undefined

And because of the purple shield - red flower blocks constraint, I can only place it in the bottom-right corner:

yellow - purple -red

undefined - purple - red flower

undefined - red - purple shield

Since all red and purple spots are placed, the undefined spots are yellow:

yellow - purple - red

yellow - purple - red flower

yellow - red - purple shield

Now with the two shields and a flame blocks constraint, I can only put it at the bottom since I have a purple shield:

yellow - purple - red

yellow flame - purple - red flower

yellow - red shield - purple shield

With the last remaining blocks constraint, I can only place it on the left (since I still have to place a shield) :

yellow - purple flower - red

yellow flame - purple flame - red flower

yellow shield - red shield - purple shield

Since I have yellow flame and shield and red flower and shield, I can complete the puzzle and get the result (see the above image). Is it solved?

Nope.png

Nope...

It seems I'm having a glitch... I usually clear those puzzles rather fast, but this one is impossible unless there's a glitch

IsItSolved.png

I can't see any other solution...

If I decide that the purple spot is in the central position (using the two top blocks constraints) then:

- either I end up with 4 red spots (because of the purple shield - red flower blocks constraint I have one more red spot above the central position)

- or I put that block constraint between the two red spots (top and bottom) on the rignt column so I end up with two red spots on bottom line or two purple spots on middle line and I can't use the two shields and a flame blocks constraint

Then obviously I can only place the first two constraints like this:

yellow - purple - red

undefined - purple - red

undefined - red - undefined

And because of the purple shield - red flower blocks constraint, I can only place it in the bottom-right corner:

yellow - purple -red

undefined - purple - red flower

undefined - red - purple shield

Since all red and purple spots are placed, the undefined spots are yellow:

yellow - purple - red

yellow - purple - red flower

yellow - red - purple shield

Now with the two shields and a flame blocks constraint, I can only put it at the bottom since I have a purple shield:

yellow - purple - red

yellow flame - purple - red flower

yellow - red shield - purple shield

With the last remaining blocks constraint, I can only place it on the left (since I still have to place a shield) :

yellow - purple flower - red

yellow flame - purple flame - red flower

yellow shield - red shield - purple shield

Since I have yellow flame and shield and red flower and shield, I can complete the puzzle and get the result (see the above image). Is it solved?

Nope.png

Nope...

I'm not having any luck getting it to fit in any other way than your first example. Might be one of those that need to be rotated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Untitled-3_zpsc5a11270.jpg

I can never figure these out, help please i will love you for it xD

A lot of times, I figure out all the symbols, and then deal with the colors, or vice versa. In this case, I think that's the best way to go.

From the first clue, you know that all of the flames go in the far right column. From the second clue, you know all of the flowers go in the middle column. Therefore, the only remaining symbols are the shields, so they must all go in the far left column. Now you know where all the symbols are.

Now, for colors. Since there is only one type of symbol in each column, you know that each column can only have one of each color. For the far right column (which is all flames), the first clue tells you that the top row is red and the center row is purple, and so the bottom must be yellow. In the center column (which is all flowers), the second clue tells you that the top row is purple and the center row is yellow, so the bottom must be red. Finally, in the far left column (which is all shields), the third clue tells you that the top row is yellow and the middle row is red, so the bottom must be purple.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Lately, I've been getting a quite frequent series of puzzles that appear to be....broken. As in, the clues are conflicting with each other, or it just plain doesn't recognize what I'm doing. I'm not sure if it's me, or if it's a glitch, but I've gone over them every darn time and it keeps coming out with either "that's not the right solution" (even when it's a VALID solution) or the pieces just don't fit together any which way.

Today, I have one that's better...because all of the pieces have plausible deniability of being messed up until you try to put them all together at once.

QbZEhj7.png

Now, I must be missing SOMETHING today, because this is the closest I've had to a puzzle that's worked this week.