Mysterious Negg Cave Help Thread

Spritzie

overlap both of your clues and place them on the negg. then just have to use some logic to figure out the remaining stones.

I have 4 red and 4 shields? Is that an error or is there a way to solve this?

http://s1157.photobu...nt=e30988c2.png

you have to overlap your clues!

Attention Everyone!!!!

When posting your screenshots please make sure your clues are clear so people helping can see your puzzle properly!!

I'm pretty sure I'm failing at understanding the basic principles of these puzzles. The first one made total sense to me but how can I work this one out? Please help.

azsrdtygukjl.png

Here goes, this is easy for me.

Purple Shield - Purple Flame - Purple Flower

Yellow Shield - Red Flower - Red Flame

Yellow Flower - Red Shield - Yellow Flame

I'm pretty sure I'm failing at understanding the basic principles of these puzzles. The first one made total sense to me but how can I work this one out? Please help. http://i899.photobuc...zsrdtygukjl.png

I've laid out how i solved it (now this thread is much slower) so i hope you can follow what I (and i think what Neo did as well)

So if you have read the guide you know that the clues are set out how they will be on your puzzle, and you only have ONE of each symbol/color? i.e. there are 3 flower symbols but all are different colors?

i've spoilered this because its alot of images.

94803811.png

so start with your biggest clue. since its laid out how it is in your grid, there is only 1 way those 3 diagonal symbols can fit in the grid.

98383024.png

now your second set of symbols now can only fit in the grid ONE way otherwise it will change some of your flower symbols. so therefore this is the only way it can fit in.

at this stage you could also fit in your other symbols since the 3 blank spots could only be the volcano/flame symbol but if you have a set of clues where this isn't so obvious you start by putting in your color clues in next.

85967962.png

now this is the ONLY way that the 3 red colors can fit in. if you place it anywhere else you'll see it makes 2 of the SAME symbol the SAME color (and you can only have 1 of each color/symbol)

94601843.png

now put in your purple clue, and since any other way will overlap your red, this is the only way. you start with your largest color clue (or try a few combinations) and remember that you can only have one of each type of colored symbol (i.e. if you have 2 yellow flames something is wrong)

95479193.png

at this point you now look at whats left, since you can only have 1 of each symbol color, if you have a blue flame, a red flame but no yellow flame thats what should be going in you yellow clue or flame clue space. here only yellow is the color left so i filled that in.

75095418.png

the only shape missing was the flame/volcano shape so i filled that in :)

hope that helps! :D

http://prntscr.com/eln1v Can anyone help me with this? I can't figure it out and its driving me crazy. Please and Thank You ^_^

now if you read the guide you know you can only have 3 of each type of symbol so see how yours have 3 flame symbols on one clue and one on the other? thats your overlap point.

48286064.png

so i fit in the images..

42728265.png

now there are only 2 spots left free, knowing you only have 3 of each symbol type means i can now fill in the 2 missing symbols.

22136823.png

now to put in color! again you can see there is an overlap in the color clues for YELLOW. so since you can't rotate the clues, there is only 1 way both those clues can fit in (given that they overlap)

24976772.png

now you check what colors you haven't used yet and put them in. ta da! :D

hope that helps you see how we come about the solutions and good luck solving it tomorrow :)

if these solutions helped you please don't forget to edit your original post to indicate its solved (just a line at the bottom/top of your post saying its been solved is fine, lets us know you've seen this and you are free to leave your puzzle up so others can see if theirs is the same, and use the same solution)

Hi Everybody, i just created an account for this , since i have no idea how to solve the puzzle . Is there a good soul that could help me ? I would be forever grateful ^^

http://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q549/Powertooldragon/?action=view&current=5f87110d.jpg

Hi Everybody, i just created an account for this , since i have no idea how to solve the puzzle . Is there a good soul that could help me ? I would be forever grateful ^^

http://s1163.photobu...nt=5f87110d.jpg

hi!

sorry yours was a little more tricky and i don't have time to so a step-by-step for everyone sorry D: i'll do it for the easier ones but tricky ones take much more fiddling time so the time i take solving them, don't have time to do screenieshots :P

solution:

blue flower blue flame red flame

red flower yellow shield yellow flower

blue shield red shield yellow flame

let me know if that doesn't work for you :) if it does, please edit your original post to indicate its been solved :D good luck!

also our Content team would very much appreciate if you can post your prize in the Prizes thread located here: http://www.tdnforums...ious-negg-cave/

i'll be on for the next few hours checking this thread if people still need help with the puzzles.

Marriz (*waves* hi again :D ) can you re-screenie that page for me please? the clues are too small and pixellated for me to make them out clearly. otherwise i do know that puzzle has been solved yesterday (as i posted a solution) so if you check back, between pages 19 to about 27 i know someone had the identical puzzle (if you are unfamiliar with doing the image in a higher quality)

if you have a look at fruityfavourite's post above, thats the only bit i need to see and something about that quality image would be very nice :)

links are fine (i like them) but is it possible you can save it as a .bmp file instead in Paint if you are unfamiliar with cropping an image? your puzzle looks the same as Marriz's but again, i cannot make out the symbols very well, and a bitmap (bmp file) will give it better resolution. although it will make the file size very large, so if you have issues with uploading it let me know and i will TRY and squint it out.

as you are using a Windows computer here are a few links on how to crop an image:

http://windows.micro...ure-using-Paint

http://www.ehow.com/...e-ms-paint.html

Marriz thats better, thanks :) but i'ld suggest reading the above links so you don't have to distort the image so much (but that link is enough for me to work on, coming back with a solution and a step by step tutorial in a moment)

Marriz_89 your solution is below the spoiler (click it to open) if it works for you please edit your original post saying your puzzle has been solved and please if you don't mind posting your prize in the prizes thread? good luck :)

50194029.png

now you see with yours, there are only 2 ways in which each of those pieces can be put in the grid. so you just pick either one to start with, i chose this one, and just put it in. it doesn't matter if you are wrong, you'll figure it out pretty soon.

next you try and fit in the second clue. remember if you have a color clue already, you new clue shouldn't change anything. so try putting it in the bottom 2 rows and you will see what i mean about it changing some of your original clues, if it does this, either your first clue is wrong, or your second clue is wrong so just try a few. in the end i got this to fit.

12809411.png

now you look at what shapes/colors you still have to fill. some of them you can't figure out but at this stage i can make out i should have a yellow flower shape still to go, so that colorless flower shape: must be yellow. and then i have 2 yellow shapes (flower/flame) and 1 yellow spot left so that last color yellow must be a shield shape.

10844520.png

see what i mean? now i have 3 shield shapes that i can see but 2 are colored (blue/yellow so i'm missing a RED - remember you have 1 of each colored type symbol, 3 red symbols but all the symbols are different, 3 flower symbols but all are different colors)

so i fill in the colorless shield with red. and now i have 3 red spots, but 2 symbols already are done (flower, shield) so my color clue must be: a flame. (so i put the flame spot in)

28422093.png

now i only have 1 spot left so.. what shape and color haven't i used yet? i have 3 of each color: except blue. i have 3 of each shape: except flame so my last shape must be: blue flame

78902554.png

hope that helps you :) have a look at a few of the examples (i've done 3 worked ones so far today) and see how i solved theirs too and hopefully you'll be able to do tomorrows :D good luck!

I made this account because I am very confused about this Negg thing.

Mine looks like this ughnegg.png

I have tried several times and failed, its driving me crazy. I got the one yeasterday just fine. I thought it meant that the whole first row was the same image and the other two rows one full of fiery thing and the last one with the sqirl and fire.

Kalyov your solution (and a step-by-step is below the spoiler cut. :) just click it to open.

Guys if you are also just wanting solutions to a puzzle that has you stumped and don't want the step-by-step let me know as they take me on average about 5-10 minutes to do. :P

Kayyov's solution:

right so see how your first clue is in a 3 by 3 grid? you are very lucky :P its the best clue you can get, it means thats exactly where those clues are on your negg grid. so put them in (always start with your biggest clue) NONE of these clues are rotated, clues are given to you in the same orientation in which they go into the grid. you may however find that your puzzle is the same as someone else except theirs may be rotated. its how neo has so many puzzles.

15942727.png

now you have to fit in your 2 smaller clues. remember you can only have a maximum of 3 of each symbol so.. to prevent you from have 4 of each shape this is the only way they can fit in (and work) see how these clues overlap?

13767718.png

right! now you can work on your colors! i'll start from the top but since you have the bottom with 3 of the same, whichever is fine. see how we have 3 shield shapes but only 2 are colored? so if we have a red and a blue, the last shield must be yellow.

and at the bottom we have 3 flame shapes, 2 are blue and yellow so the last one must be red flame.

60632894.png

and the only shape we don't have 3 of is the flower and the only color we don't have 3 of is the blue. so the final shape for the centre must be a blue flower.

43845098.png

your solution :)

hope that helps, again please edit your first post if this worked for you :)

Kevinjuhhh that image is great! however if you check out Marriz's post her's is identical to yours (but upside down) so i won't be doing a worked solution for yours but your final solution should be:

yellow flower red flower blue flame

yellow flame blue flower red shield

blue shield red flower yellow shield

hope that helps :)

Need help please i cant resolve this :S

Thanks for help friends!

edit1:The way I give you way more, did not want a lot of work but if you can get step by step to realize grateful!

edit2:

thanks the solution is:

71400438.png

I'll try to find out more now.

I hope not to have too much trouble!

thank you very much

helpbx.png

Need help please i cant resolve this :S

Thanks for help friends!

helpbx.png

Yami i'm working on it, :) please edit your original post and let me know if you want a step by step solution or just the solution. thanks!

Yami your solution is below the cut:

the key here is to look for overlapping pieces as they tell you how they fit together. each of your clues in this case have 1 colored symbol in common, your right hand side ones have the red flower in common and the left hand side ones have the blue flower shape in common too.

i've done each pair as a separate image so you can see what i mean about the pieces overlapping

50839010.png

see what i mean about the red flower being the common bit? now the pieces could only fit in this grid either this way or 1 set of squares to the left. but as you see with the second set of pieces they can fit together in the grid in only one way

48137628.png

see what i mean about the blue flower being what they have in common? now put both pieces together and you get this:

80472756.png

remember you can only have 1 of each colored symbol, so now you fill in what colors you don't have. i can tell immediately i have 3 flame shapes, 2 are colored (blue and yellow) so the last one must be red. i have 3 flower shames, 2 are blue and red, the last one must be yellow. i have 3 shield shapes and the only color missing is blue.

71400438.png

your final solution. hope this little tutorial helps on HOW i achieved the solution :)

please edit your original post again if this solution worked for you (and if you could post your prize in the prizes thread would be much appreciated. good luck solving tomorrows one!

Justin your solution should look like this:

kevinem.png

in my solution i typed red flower twice sorry. but by inverting the solution i gave to Marriz it should look identical to the image i posted.

Annukii im sorry but i dont understand what u mean. My english isnt that good btw im from holland.

Could u tell me the order what to fill in for me.. because i tried what u explained in the comment on marriz

That post up here but i couldnt solve it with that :(

Annukii im sorry but i dont understand what u mean. My english isnt that good btw im from holland.

Could u tell me the order what to fill in for me.. because i tried what u explained in the comment on marriz

That post up here but i couldnt solve it with that :(

Are you sure you put Yellow Flower in one box? and not yellow and then flower?

So the first box you should press the yellow dot and the flower pattern to get the yellow flower

its my fault since i typed red flower twice. D: *sorry*

the written solution is:

blue shield red flame yellow shield

but i posted an image of what it should look like in my previous post.

with Marriz's one her clues will LOOK different to yours since they are upside down. before you submit today's puzzle have a look at the workthrough i gave on her clues and try and fit them into the grid and see how i did it.

otherwise if you submit todays solution (which i've posted above) you won't get another shot to try working through it until tomorrow.

try reading the guide we have on this too, or some of the other examples i've done.

our guide (with worked examples!) http://www.thedailyn...ysterious-negg/

i hope this helps you understand how to complete it :)

edit: guys i'm online until 6am Neopian Standard Time and i'll edit this post again when i leave for the day. if you have puzzles you want help with feel free to post. i don't mind doing just solutions if thats all you want. workthroughs take alot of effort :P

edit 2: i'm gone for the evening guys. i will be back on tomorrow. any unsolved puzzles with no solutions posted, i will try and do solutions for everyone. so even if no-one can give you a solution now i'll have a shot at it later. i will not be doing walkthroughs for posts before i come online unless i see posts specifically requesting them from me if that makes sense. i will do walkthroughs later for people who request them if they are online at the same time as me and they request them.

hi!

sorry yours was a little more tricky and i don't have time to so a step-by-step for everyone sorry D: i'll do it for the easier ones but tricky ones take much more fiddling time so the time i take solving them, don't have time to do screenieshots :P

solution:

blue flower blue flame red flame

red flower yellow shield yellow flower

blue shield red shield yellow flame

let me know if that doesn't work for you :) if it does, please edit your original post to indicate its been solved :D good luck!

also our Content team would very much appreciate if you can post your prize in the Prizes thread located here:http://www.tdnforums...ious-negg-cave/

i'll be on for the next few hours checking this thread if people still need help with the puzzles.

It Woooorked :D Thank you sooo much . And so sorry if i responded too late :S You're the best