I am a Hoarder

ashleagh

Well, fellow TDNers, as the title suggests, I am a hoarder. I hoard everything. I seem to need at least one of every item in Neopia in my SDB. I hoard because...well, the day after feeding my pet my last snorkle snout, the avatar was released. :crying_blow: I know. Brutal. So now I am destined to collect anything and everything I come across, just in case they release an avatar related to it.

Why do you hoard?

To hopefully gain a profit on the items I hoard when the time comes. I'm a hoarder when it comes to plot prizes or any kind of event-exclusive prizes (AC Cup). I always try to stock up, and in a few months time I hope that I get a nice return on my investment :D

I hoard cause i greedy lol^^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure your posts are at 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't really hoard. I just like collecting event-exclusive items, because they're usually quite nice. :) And some of them, like books, are potential profit.

Why do I hoard items in my SDB?

Simply because I'm horrible at selling items that are not Codestones, Dubloons, or any other items that people actually use to get their pet in tip-top shape. Also, I'm hoarding items so I can have enough junk items for the Rubbish avatar.

I only started hoarding because of the pack rat avvie, but now I'm addicted. :P Like others, I also keep things in the hope that they will inflate for a potential profit. I'm also starting to accumulate junk for the rubbish avatar. I try to drop some stuff in my shop every now and then, but I don't always have time for that!

Yes, I absolutely have to collect all of the event or plot prizes. Sort of a "gotta catch 'em all" mentality :laughingsmiley: I have a REALLY hard time parting with items, even if they'll bring in good NP. I even have a hard time reading books to my pets because I don't want them to disappear! They'll probably rot where they sit *lol*

Simply because I'm horrible at selling items that are not Codestones, Dubloons, or any other items that people actually use to get their pet in tip-top shape.

Now Dubloons and Faeries I sell, because my Battle pet has no need for them anymore. :medieval: (sorry, I've just discovered the list of smileys...too cool!)

Oh well, in the end I'd rather hoard pixels than items in RL!

I just dump everything in my SDB :P Accidental hoarding through laziness.

i do my dailies.. but nowadays i rarely sell anything :P at least now i have the excuse that i'm saving up for the discard avatar.

but to be honest its because i'm bad at throwing stuff out, and to be brutally honest its because i'm lazy. :laughingsmiley:

Like Kaie, I hoard NP because the large numbers are nice. (I can't seem to get myself to ever spend much, a habit I first got into when saving for my first Draik Egg and I've never been able to break.)

Otherwise, I hoard the most currently due to saving junk items for the Rubbish avatar. Not counting that, I generally just hoard event items, or any items I really like. I hold onto all of my dailies items, as well as any books or stamps I come across. I also try to stock up on Codestones, so I can go on a training spree, or give them to one of our BP staff if I'm not training.

Like others have said, I hoard items in the hopes of having big, profitable sales after items inflate a bit.

However, I usually get impatient (and money-hungry?) and clean it out to sell everything every few weeks :P

I don't really hoard much - if I somehow get anything, it goes into my SDB with me looking, and then a while later, my SDB is cleared out and I make junk trades. I do, however, hoard any Advent Calendar items I get, as well as hoard/collect Rockfish.

I just dump everything in my SDB :P Accidental hoarding through laziness.

Hahah, that's what I've started doing as well. I can't be bothered to price my stuff, so it all goes in my SDB.

Though, I am trying to get enough items for the Rubbish avatar too.

Like many others I am collecting event items :) I also have a lot of advent calender prices.

I am also collecting items for the rubbish avatar and all those items are currently taking up a lot of space in my SDB.

I don't actually hoard anything, but I think I will once I find an item(s) I really adore that isn't waaay too expensive :P

As I mentioned in another thread, I just can't be bothered to stock/price items for my shop lately, so I've nothing in there - absolutely everything goes right into the safety deposit box! Plus, I too am saving up junk for the rubbish avatar. When I did used to regularly stock my shop, I would go and try to clean out the SDB every few months.

Mmmm, yes, this Rubbish Avvy does give us a great excuse to stockpile XD You know, I am likely guilty of laziness, too *lol* I wouldn't have the patience to price everything if I did use it to stock my shop. I don't know how those people with size 80 shops do it!