Rubbish Avatar?

For those who have already gotten the avatar, how did you go about doing so? If it was just random, do you remember what/how many items you discarded?

I've been constantly discarding any kind of trash I get now, in hopes of getting the avatar. I hope there's a somewhat definitive requirement that has to be met in order to get the avatar, and not just discarding randomly.

I just got this avvie a week or so ago. I remember I was using Small Unidentified Skulls and Diseased Mechafish and discarded 70 items at a time. I remember posting on my guild board the exact amount of items I discarded if I can find it I will update this post with my starting and ending number. I just remembered it might be here on TDN's also!

That took forever, lol.

I started with 4052 items and ended with 344 items.

Edited by GA_Bulldogs4life

For those who have already gotten the avatar, how did you go about doing so? If it was just random, do you remember what/how many items you discarded?

I've been constantly discarding any kind of trash I get now, in hopes of getting the avatar. I hope there's a somewhat definitive requirement that has to be met in order to get the avatar, and not just discarding randomly.

I didnt get the avatar yet. I am still saving up my cheap dungs, omlettes, jellies, etc.

It's 5000. I found the answer on another site and tested it, sure enough the minute I QS discarded my 5000th item I got it.

Huh, I got mine at over 5000. Still unsure the exact number, but it was between 5000 - 5500 for sure. I saved up junk items, I did it the 2000 way - I got to 2k items, discarded all of them in one swoop, nothing. And again, and again. On the last round I got it.

It's 5000. I found the answer on another site and tested it, sure enough the minute I QS discarded my 5000th item I got it.

The solution isn't know for sure. Some people get it way under 5k items and some get it over 5k items.

I got it somewhere between 3-4k items if I remember correctly. Keep discarding, you'll get there ^^

Some people make boards on the avatar chat asking people to post their shops with 1np items, maybe try that if you want it quicker. Good luck! :)

I got it after about 2500 items. That's not counting the amount I discarded in small batches (usually all my dailies each day) for a bit. Probaby closer to 3500 discards since it was released. I've heard of a few people having to discard over 6-8k, while others got it with less than 100 discards. Since TNT mentioned it was NOT random, a lot of people are thinking it has to do with an item characteristic. Whether you need to donate a certain amount from certain category (fishing), a total rarity, total estimated price, or SOMETHING.

In order to narrow down and find an exact method, people would not only have to test numerous methods, but log EVERY item they discard. That seems like a lot of work xD

In order to narrow down and find an exact method, people would not only have to test numerous methods, but log EVERY item they discard. That seems like a lot of work xD

I kind of want to try this now. But the thought of gifting thousands of items over to my side seems more tedious than the recording part :sad01_anim:

I don't think it'll be as bad as bonju. You know you have to discard items and at some point, even if you discard the "wrong" items or just not enough "good ones," you'll get the avvie. With bonju, there were literlly trillions of possibilities (exponential because of the different possible combinations AND the fact that it's seasonal).

i have recently begun saving junk items to try for the avatar. i'm glad this post came along to give me a better idea on how to obtain the avatar. i'll try to keep track of how many items i discard

Wait does items I discount daily count for the avatar? I really don't feel like discarding thousands of items at a time lol. I discard like 10 everyday from dailies anyway.

Some people theorize that it has to do with how many items you discard within a certain time period. If they're right, the items you discard daily aren't counting toward the avatar. Since people seem to have the most success discarding thousands of items at a time, I saved up my junk items until I had over 5000 and then started discarding. It took me around 3000 I think.