Frozen hacked account

loveyalikeya

So, I had my main frozen yesterday for my protection when I realized my password wasn't being accepted when I was trying to send a NC item. Luckily I caught it before any of my pets were taken! I've sent in a ticket and now I'm just waiting. I was wondering about when I get it back though- will the password be the one that they changed it to? What's to prevent this person from taking my account back if they realize it's unfrozen before I do? I also have the suspicion that they may have tried to initiate a transfer with my pets but didn't have time to log onto their account to accept it- will that transfer be canceled when my account is unfrozen or will they get the option to accept? Sorry, I know these questions are very silly but I'm scared since I've never had anything like this happen.

Also, how long can I expect to wait? I'm a huge NC buyer and a premium member and I've provided a TON of information in my ticket, if that makes any difference. I remember hearing that some people didn't get their accounts back for half a year or longer. :(

I'm so sorry about your account. I believe the transfer will have expired by then, although hopefully someone else can give you a definite answer. The time frame varies for every situation but providing information will definitely help you out and hopefully speed the process up! Good luck! I hope it doesn't take too long for you!

Transfers expire after three days, so they will likely have expired by then. Though, I expect that TNT will have 'erased' the transfers, so even if you get your account back before then, they won't have the option.

TNT normally makes a temporary new password for you and sends it to your email when they give your account back. The one time I was scammed they gave me 'rainbow' for my password. :)

Getting your account back can take a long time, but the more information you provide, the faster they'll get to you. Hopefully it's not too long at all!

Oh, okay! Phew, that just erased all my worries. Thank you guys! I could deal with all my np and items being taken, even my NC items! But I would be devastated if they had gotten my pets. So I'm thankful that I caught it in time.

I had two more questions actually. The first one is... aren't you automatically logged out when someone else logs into your account? And the other was that they changed the email to my account to a variation of my actual email(my email address plus a long string of gibbersh at the end) and I was just curious if this is a normal tactic they use.

I know that when I log in on another computer, when I go back to my actual laptop I'm logged out. So I would think so. This is the first I've ever heard of the email thing! Maybe they created the email that is similar to yours and thought that would trick you and TNT. Who knows?

Oh, okay! Phew, that just erased all my worries. Thank you guys! I could deal with all my np and items being taken, even my NC items! But I would be devastated if they had gotten my pets. So I'm thankful that I caught it in time.

I had two more questions actually. The first one is... aren't you automatically logged out when someone else logs into your account? And the other was that they changed the email to my account to a variation of my actual email(my email address plus a long string of gibbersh at the end) and I was just curious if this is a normal tactic they use.

Yeah, losing your pets is such a blow! Items and NP you can always get back, but pets... :( Not so much!

You normally are logged out when you log on from another computer, but not always, or it takes a while for you to be logged out. I've switched from my laptop to my girlfriend's computer, and when I come back, I'm not always logged out. I donno!

I have never heard of that email thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a tactic to make themselves look more legitimate in the eyes of TNT. I doubt it works, but...

Yeah, it just struck me as odd. Thank you guys again for your help! It sucks that I have to be worried about getting CGed all the time now. :(

I know. :( It sucks. -sigh-

Again, best of luck getting your account back quickly!

Hmm, really? How do people know it's just a glitch? This is happening a lot?

Wow, that's so nice of you! I'm hoping I won't have to rebuild though I have started taking steps to get my side-now-main-account fixed up. (: And great to hear that it took under a month, yay! I feel so much better about all this now.

I was just reading the Help board about all this! The status of my ticket is still open but I just checked my main and it's unfrozen... I'm hoping this is a good thing? :sad01_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I was just reading the Help board about all this! The status of my ticket is still open but I just checked my main and it's unfrozen... I'm hoping this is a good thing? :sad01_anim:

If your account is unfrozen and you can log into it then I'd take it as a very good thing indeed! Congratulations you have got your account back!

Otherwise whack in another ticket and see what happens...

YAY, I just logged in and it works!! Thank you everyone for your help! I wanna scream it from the rooftops now, haha.

Actually- is it safe for me to be on my main right now? I changed the password and PIN but since I haven't heard anything from TNT I'm a little worried that they might freeze me? idk.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Congrats!!! I'm impressed that it only took the neopets team a couple of days to do it - that must be some kind of record!

EDIT: That did occur to me but surely if they've unfrozen it you're fine? Maybe someone else has any ideas.

Congrats!!! I'm impressed that it only took the neopets team a couple of days to do it - that must be some kind of record!

EDIT: That did occur to me but surely if they've unfrozen it you're fine? Maybe someone else has any ideas.

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. Though, it's strange that they haven't contacted you about unfreezing it, and that the ticket is still open. o.o I just donno!