Tips for Kad feeding?

Ashbash

I really want to start feeding Kadoaties. I've read TDN's guide but I'm still feeling a bit clueless. Anyone have any tips of things that worked for them? I'm sure it gets a little easier over time if you do it often but any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to feed any Kads either. :( I've read lots of guides, but no dice so far. Hopefully someone will be able to help you!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure your posts are helpful. If you don't have an answer to a question, it's better to not post rather than stating you can't help.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It took me about 2 weeks to actually feed my first Kadoatie, and I spent about 2-4 hours a day trying. I don't feed very often and I've only fed 17 of them, but I found a method that usually works for me. I'll explain how the Kadoatery works, and recommend some other guides. However the first thing you MUST have is patience. That's common sense, if you've tried to feed before.

RESTOCKING & TIME SYSTEM

The other thing you should know is that EVERY Kadoatie gets hungry every 28-56 minutes after they are fed. The reason I say 28-56 minutes is because this is only expected to happen right on the dot after 28 minutes pass. Sometimes it takes longer; 28 is just a benchmark. If it does not happen, we wait 7 minute intervals (which is known as "pending") until refreshing again. There have been instances where a main pended longer than than 56 minutes, though I'd say the average is 35-42 minutes.

When a large group of Kadoaties gets hungry, it is called the "main restock". If a Kadoatie is fed past 7 minutes after the main, it will also be hungry 28 minutes from the time it was fed, however, it will restock separately from the main. Keep in mind, the 7-minute pending rule applies here too. This is known as the "mini". Eventually, a "mini" will become part of the "main" and they will restock at the same time.

Look for the Kadoatery Feeding Times & Lists (shortened to T&L) board here: http://www.neopets.c....phtml?board=23

They will answer questions via neomail and point you in the direction of guides, and other info. And please, do not try to timekeep until you know how to do it properly!

If you need more explanation on how the timekeeping works, check out this guide: http://www.neopets.c...erca_cute_baby1

FEEDING

There are three main methods of feeding, and these are: Invent feeding, Shop Wiz feeding, and SDB feeding. In my opinion, they all increase in difficulty, in that exact order, but everyone will have their preferred method. My first Kad was fed via Shop Wizard, and it is the mehod I use most frequently.

Invent feeding involves having 50 or less items which a Kadoatie is likely to ask for, and waiting for a Kad to ask for that item. That way, you can just click and feed. You will beat SDB and Shop Wiz feeders this way, but it's unlikely you will be able to feed during every restock. Some people keep whole categories of foods in their inventory, like pizza, milkshakes, burgers etc. Great method if you have dial-up.

Shop Wiz feeding is basically opening up a new internet tab (assuming you know what a tab is) with the Shop Wizard inside, and quickly copy/pasting the item the Kad wants, and buying it. This is risky for first time feeders unless you are sure you can be quick enough.

SDB feeding involves building up a huge stockpile of items in your SDB and removing them when a Kad asks for it. Some people remove whole categories of items, similarly to invent feeding, so that they have a higher chance of having an item the Kadoatie wants.

OTHER INFO

Overfeeders (people who have fed more than 75 Kadoaties) can offer great advice as well. If you get owned while trying to feed, don't sweat it and just click faster. Eliminate every single distraction and obstacle that would waste time. For instance, to save precious time from scrolling at the Kadoatery to see what every Kad wants, I zoom my screen out so I can see all the cages at once. (CTRL - and CTRL + to zoom back in again). I also keep the Shop Wiz zoomed out so I don't have to scroll endlessly through those annoying shops that are image-heavy and stuffed with nonsense extras. Sometimes I connect a wired mouse to my laptop because I'm not good with the trackpad. Do whatever it takes to save yourself time. That's the whole entire point of the Kadoatery.

If all else fails, practice, practice, practice. My favourite general Kadoatery guide is this one: http://www.neopets.com/~laleeky

Hope I could be of some help, and I'll stick around to answer questions if you've got 'em.

I find inventory feeding the easiest way but it takes a bit longer.

I looked at the Kad Food List and bought 30-40 chocolate food items. Then I looked through the board to see when the next time will be and yea... When it's time, I go to the Kad Page and refresh at 20 seconds past the minute and press strg + f and enter "chocolate" in the box and then enter, to find out if there's any item with chocolate. If so, it will mark them and then you just have to click on the Kad and hope it wanted a item you got.

This is just the way I'm doing it cause I do not have a fast internet connection :) Good luck to you!

Hope you could understand all of this, I wrote it a bit quick and well :D

Make sure you go to the Kad board in the games section of the neoboards. Read all the pages they link to.

I found the time of day you feed helps. I couldn't feed for the life of me until I started feeding late at night. I seem to have better luck between about midnight-2am NST. Unfortunate because I'm EST which is NST+3, but I'm usually up late anyway. Less people are usually online around this time and thus, less people are competing for kads. Also,you will notice at times there are kads that don't get fed for a while. This usually means they're asking for unbuyables (usually costing in the millions). If there are more than 5 or 6 kads asking for UBs, I usually don't bother trying to feed because more people are competing for less kads and I know I'm not going to be fast enough to catch one.

If you're just starting out feeding, I would definitely recommend Inventory Feeding. I started with this method, and I still think it's the best way to ease yourself into kad feeding. To invent feed, start by reading the guide on the neopet page /~phil747 on Neopets. The tips and strategies listed are very good for beginners.

Once you've read through the top information, pick 1 or 2 (3, if they're smaller) food categories to use. The category(ies) should add up to just below 50 items. It is against the rules to overstuff your inventory (have more than 50 kad items when feeding!) Once you've picked your category(ies), buy all of those items in your price range (I stick to items that are under 10k each). Once you have your inventory, head over to the Games Chat and find the Kad Board. The last post will tell you when to refresh next. "Main Pending" is what you want! Minis have less kads and are much more difficult. The time it says on the board "@ :##" is the minute that they will refresh (no one notates the hour since it's assumed the refresh is the next time that minute comes by).

When that minute rolls around, refresh at the kadoatery ~21 seconds after the minute and use ctrl + f to search for your category (or biggest category if you have multiple). I like to have ctrl+f already set up so I just have to click next and it'll take me to the kad. If you have more than one category, you can quickly search for the others if there are no kads asking for items from your biggest category, but at this point it's easier to scan the kads with your eyes and see if any of your categories are there. Typing would take too long. Inventory feeding may not get you a feed every main, but I find it much more reliable than shop wiz feeding. I'm horrible at shop wiz feeding, personally; not fast enough!

The main part of kadding is to get practice! When I started feeding, I would freak-out when a kad came up with an item I had in my inventory. Now I've gotten used to it and my time has gotten faster since I don't waste a few seconds panicing. If you have anymore kad questions, I'd be happy to help out! :) I haven't fed now in a few months, but I'm up to 357. Since I used to timekeep on the kad board a lot, I'd get neomails asking me what was going on, and I've never minded helping someone figure out how to kad.

The main part of kadding is to get practice! When I started feeding, I would freak-out when a kad came up with an item I had in my inventory. Now I've gotten used to it and my time has gotten faster since I don't waste a few seconds panicing. If you have anymore kad questions, I'd be happy to help out! :) I haven't fed now in a few months, but I'm up to 357. Since I used to timekeep on the kad board a lot, I'd get neomails asking me what was going on, and I've never minded helping someone figure out how to kad.

Wow! 357 is a lot. Thank you for the tips! I will definitely check out that guide you posted.

This is probably late and i'm not a pro by any means. I actually just started kad feeding 2 days ago and i'm at 14 right now so i'll tell you (from a n00blets standpoint) what i do:

I have premium so when i click on my SSW, it covers the bottom 3 kads. A bunch of people ignore those because of that. I always pick those 3. When the foods pop up, i pick one of them, triple click the name, ctrl+c, click my ssw, ctrl+p, hit enter, click the shop, click the item, hit enter when it asks if you're sure, click on the kad tab and swiftly re-click the kad. It's worked for 14 kads in 2 days. I still get majorly pwn'd occasionally, but not as much as i thought. I even fed during the busiest parts of the day and got a couple.

I live in hawaii so "late" for Eastern people isn't late for me at all. It's def easier. And as soon as those silly kad biscuits restock, it should alleviate 200 people vying for 6 kads. Also, if you feel yourself beginning to get mad, walk away. I've almost raged over being beaten out by overfeeders or faster people. Walk. Away.

I don't inventory feed because... well i just don't. lol. So i can't give an opinion on it. SSW works for me and i don't have to worry about stuffing my inventory.