Tattoos.

complicatedwishes

I have 8 tattoos.

jack and sexy sally on my arm with me and my bfs initals with a infinity symbol.

bats starting above jacks heaD n ending on my back shoulder

I have a heart (big) on my for arm that says "love" and my BF has the puzzle piece from it that say true.

I have a carttonish blue and green sparrow on my chest

batman symbol with minni bats torn away from it on my hip bone (that one hurt the most)

and finaly on my other arm I have a pink pretty bow with stars and tie dye behind it. (takes up my whole forearm and was my first)

I am 22 and regret none of my tattoos nor will I ever.

infact I plan in being coverd with them from knuckle to ankle :)

I have wanted to be a tattoo artist since I was in 8th grade (even did my jobshadow in middle school at a shop)

and I find it really annoying when people put others down for choices that people make to help them either feel better about themselves or grieve.

tattoos are beautiful and should be appreciated for the time and amount of thought that goes into them.

I do not how ever condone tattoos on minors.

I don't think that the mind is completely ready to make decisions like this at a adolescent age.

same with piercings. I don't care what any one says about piercings they are serious and a lot of the time stay with you for ever due to scaring. and if not properly taken care of can lead to really nasty infections.

I have had 14 or 16 piercingand if I could go back I would have stopped my self and waited. now I only have my belly and tongue pierced.

and cant get new piercings any more cause my last one got infected so bad it turned into cellulitis.

but any way I guess what I am saying as long as your of age and have a legit reason for getting them and think about them long and hard then there is 100% no reason people should hate on them.

As a person with tattoos, I guess I'm biased. I have a half sleeve "earth" themed on my upper right arm and another half sleeve of "water" themed on my bottom left arm (Eventually I will have fire and air half sleeves filling in the other parts of my arms). Also have several other ones, a decepticon, elephant from dumbo, a symbol for fearless etc.

Obviously I hate that article, I can't bring myself to share it on any social media because I don't want to spread that kind of negativity for something I find so beautiful.

Bottom line is everyone is entitled to their opinion. BUT no one is entitled to tell me how I will feel one day. So that makes my blood pressure go up.

So far, I have one tattoo, and I have absolutely no regrets getting it. It's a small bread tab on the inside of my left ankle above the bone. I got it as a reminder that I have a home at my camp that I have been going to for 14 years. We use the bread tabs as a symbol of homesickness for the kids. All the staff wear them on their shoelaces, and if a kid gets homesick, we will give them one, and tell them the true meaning's secret. To staff, however, we get campsick all the time, so to me, the breadtab is a symbol of camp. It's my home away from home.

I know I want to get more tattoos, one being a small picture of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, and I haven't decided others....but stitch I have wanted for 2 years, and do not know where I want it yet.

It is unfortunate that some people still judge others for the way they look or for having tattoos. :-(

I believe in the golden Rule "Treat others how you wish to be treated". I hate being judged on my looks so I try not to judge others. Simple!

I can think of one answer 'I want people to think I am professional, tattoos are not professional'.

Blergh.

I'm hating myself just from writing that.

Another saying that older people who dislike tattoos like to throw around is 'Don't judge a book by a cover'! ...So can you please walk the walk and show us that, instead of saying how tattoos are 'unprofessional' before you've even had a chance to get to know the person, and not just the ink?

I found a few articles that looked interesting

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelhennessey/2013/02/27/having-a-tattoo-and-a-job/- Tattoos no longer a kiss of death in the workplace

While you're at it, please tell Teddy Rosevelt, Dorothy Parker, Winston Churchill and Andrew Jackson how unprofessional they are. They all had tattoos.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/50761/10-historical-titans-surprising-tattoos

I have 8 tattoos.

jack and sexy sally on my arm with me and my bfs initals with a infinity symbol.

bats starting above jacks heaD n ending on my back shoulder

I have a heart (big) on my for arm that says "love" and my BF has the puzzle piece from it that say true.

I have a carttonish blue and green sparrow on my chest

batman symbol with minni bats torn away from it on my hip bone (that one hurt the most)

and finaly on my other arm I have a pink pretty bow with stars and tie dye behind it. (takes up my whole forearm and was my first)

I am 22 and regret none of my tattoos nor will I ever.

infact I plan in being coverd with them from knuckle to ankle :)

I have wanted to be a tattoo artist since I was in 8th grade (even did my jobshadow in middle school at a shop)

and I find it really annoying when people put others down for choices that people make to help them either feel better about themselves or grieve.

tattoos are beautiful and should be appreciated for the time and amount of thought that goes into them.

I do not how ever condone tattoos on minors.

I don't think that the mind is completely ready to make decisions like this at a adolescent age.

same with piercings. I don't care what any one says about piercings they are serious and a lot of the time stay with you for ever due to scaring. and if not properly taken care of can lead to really nasty infections.

I have had 14 or 16 piercingand if I could go back I would have stopped my self and waited. now I only have my belly and tongue pierced.

and cant get new piercings any more cause my last one got infected so bad it turned into cellulitis.

but any way I guess what I am saying as long as your of age and have a legit reason for getting them and think about them long and hard then there is 100% no reason people should hate on them.

I have, and still do, love tattoo shows. I love watching the work that goes into making one. Then the application. It's so fascinating to see how concentrated the artists are on their work. It's amazing!

People are so fast to get have their little darling's ears pierced before they can even sit up by themselves. But, oh no, get that tattooed person away from my child! I injected my child with this needle, but that one is bad!

*sigh*

update

Okay guys, back with more contradictory news from my mom!

We were in the store the other day, and a guy with big gauges in his ears walked by. While I don't like or want them, I'll respect his decision to have them, because it's his body. My mom right away said she didn't like them.

So when we were walking down the isle, I told her some of the names from the list, and asked what she thought of them. She said they were good people and she would hire them. Then I told her they had tattoos, and she didn't believe me at first. Then I asked her again if she would hire them, knowing they had tattoos, and she said no and they were unprofessional. :questionmark:

Okay mom, let me get this straight: They're good enough to be be president of the United States, but they're not good enough to work in a steal mill!?!?!?! :shiftyeyes_anim:

(Although she did say she guessed she would be okay if they were covered up. So, it's an improvement.)

Edited by brynchilla

• 3 months later...

I love tattoos! I think they can really beautiful and interesting and I love to hear the stories behind them. A lot of them are not in my taste but I respect that whoever owns it likes it and that's all that really matters. I have one tattoo but I definitely want more at some point. (Mine is a Harry Potter themed tattoo---it's the chapter art of the whomping willow that was in the third book.) The stigma that some people have against tattoos is really ridiculous in my opinion. Tattoos have existed for a LONG time across tons of different cultures... they're not some weird fad that has popped up out of nowhere. And even if you don't like the look of them, it doesn't affect you in any way when someone else has one. Body autonomy is important!

I love tattoos and piercings. I have one tattoo of a stick man with a top hat and flower (no reason, I just thought he looked cool - had him in UV ink for a year then covered in purple and black) and about a dozen piercings. I'd love to get more ink and a new piercing (anti-eyebrow) and when my neighbour came over and I shared those plans with him he went crazy. Started jabbing his finger, pointing and shouting about how it's disgusting and I shouldn't ruin myself. When his rant was over I calmly said it's lucky for him that I'm not planning on piercing or inking him only myself and, in the way only a woman can, I then gave him a stern talk on why it's rude to come to someone's home and tell them what they can and can't do to their bodies. Outwardly it was the whole "ooo grr ooo hmm grr" thing but inside I was finding the whole thing quite funny - he got so genuinely, emotionally involved in the hate.

Well, I am in the Heavy metal scene, so I love tattoos. My parents are very against tattoos though, but I am getting tattoos. How I see it is.. look how popular tattoos are in this day. My parents always argue "they'll look gross when you're old". But look around you, look how many young people have tattoos these days. Someday it will be normal for lots of old people to have old tattoos. I am going to college to do something in a laboratory setting with Chemistry, so I will be allowed to have tattoos. :rock:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I admit to not having read all the posts but I am heavily tattooed.  I have had lots comment on them from a 7yr old boy (on seeing my Darth Vader tattoo) to an elderly gentleman. I've had a few say that I've changed their view of tattooed people and heavily tattooed. I have had the question, "What will they look like when you're 60?" to which I reply "f'in awesome!" and grin. To me, it is the most stupid question to ask anyone who is tattooed.