What changes would you like to see added to the next AC?

Lady Lyuba

Got anything you're sick of seeing in the AC that you want gone for good? Or perhaps feel like you're unhappy with the way something works, and wish for it changed? Want a player back? Want to see something new for the teams? a Yooyu removed or a new ball? Or, more options for games? You can say what you'd like to see happen here.

I first of all am so sick and tired of the Darigan balls I want then GONE! No more of these DEMONS from (removed), I want every single one of those filthy little rats gone from the competition forever. Why do they even exist? To piss us all off, that's what! GET. RID. OF. THEM, TNT. Or, just make them behave the way they once did, when we could actually SCORE with them. These monsters are making me hate YYB and not want to play anymore. I keep getting them, and I just want to shoot my computer.

Also, these new brackets are confusing and unfair. I miss the DRR, where we got to play each team twice. It made more sense then.

Also, options to pause or end our games would be nice.

Pardon my angry Darigan Yooyu rant. But they just make me so mad that I can't help it!

When I get a darigan yyb, I just ignore it and go and play sosd while my yyb game finishes itself xD.

I do agree the brackets seem unfair.. you might get an easier or harder bracket just by luck. It would make more sense for everyone to play everyone else. I know for KI, we haven't even faced AD, BV, HW, KD or TY yet...

I hate Darigan YYBs just as much as anyone else. Usually, when I get one, I've already scored ten or eleven times, so the team I'm facing actually tries to stop me from scoring. My strategy is to just take it down near my goal and do nothing. Usually, the other team just scores for me, but it would be really convenient if TNT just decided to annihilate them. I'd also like the brackets gone. I think we have enough options for games.

Since this thread talks about changes that you would want to be added to the next cup, I would like to suggest either one of these 2 formats:

A format which is like the format that FIFA uses.

Teams are randomly seeded/drawn into a particular number of groups. But a little different. Considering the not too friendly number of 18 teams in the ac, I suggest that the teams are randomly seeded in 3 groups of six.

The winners of each group (who gains more points through the 3pts-W , 1pt-D and 0pt-L format) advances to the semi-finals. And the best runner-up team (2nd placed) gets to join the semi's. So basically the group stage lasts only for 5 days (since you're playing 5 teams). And all the group stage games will be played in the Colosseum in Altador.

In the semi's, I suggest a two-legged HOME and AWAY format. So by saying that, I'm suggesting that TNT should not focus it on Altador alone (although yeah, It's the ALTADOR Cup, but just a suggestion) . TNT should make stadiums in each land, where teams can play their YYB. Of course, the stadiums should fit with the lands team. And I suggest that TNT should start posting scores in YYB, like the points thing they did in the first AC. And whoever scores the best aggregate score or whoever has more YYB wins (and if tied, then side games, this is if TNT will not post YYB game scores), advances to the finals.

The finals will be a one-legged, winner takes all match.

It's quite an ambitious idea for me, considering how much work TNT will have to put to make these changes, but I at least want to see this change in the next cups or so. I don't know if everyone likes it, but I just want to get rid of that bracket format which is very unfair.

Or the usual DDR that everyone loves, only it will be Home-and-Away rounds. :) Like each team will be playing the other teams twice, once at home, and once away.

Again, I don't think everyone will agree with my plans. But I don't know really, I just want to play something that is not what we're playing right now. xD

I have an idea for a new format! Every team plays each other once, and then they go into groups according to performance. The teams that place 1-6 go into a bracket, teams 7-12 in another, and 13-18 in the last one. That way, teams with approximately even skill levels will be going against each other full force. It wouldn't get boring, there wouldn't be any "easy" brackets, and we wouldn't get tired out from playing some teams 3-5 times. From my calculations, that format should only take 22 days. They can add a few days for a tie-breaker if necessary.

Edit: Oh yea...for some other changes: new games! Maybe another game that is worth the same amount of points as SS but doesn't take as long. (and perhaps they could make SS worth more? It takes just as long as YYB for me) and perhaps another game that is worth as much as a YYB draw. That way, we'd have 6 games to rotate through each day instead of seeing the same 4. It a small, but doable adjustment. Also, add new power-ups to YYB and change the Kreludor team back to how it was (with the female grundo and the lutari chick)

I can live with the Darigan yooyus if I must.... although I'd love to see them back to working the way they used to years ago! What I really want to see is this new bracket system gone. If they want to shake things up a bit, fine, make a new system... but not one that gives some teams an advantage and others a disadvantage. I don't think it's intentional, but just the way this year's match-ups have worked out bothers me and sometimes seems unfair. Like, KI has faced DC twice and we're going to face them again this week, but we'll never get to face BV or HW.

I would also like to see a new game :D I spent so much time working towards all-star this year, and I'd love to have more variety.

I have an idea for a new format! Every team plays each other once, and then they go into groups according to performance. The teams that place 1-6 go into a bracket, teams 7-12 in another, and 13-18 in the last one. That way, teams with approximately even skill levels will be going against each other full force. It wouldn't get boring, there wouldn't be any "easy" brackets, and we wouldn't get tired out from playing some teams 3-5 times. From my calculations, that format should only take 22 days. They can add a few days for a tie-breaker if necessary.

Edit: Oh yea...for some other changes: new games! Maybe another game that is worth the same amount of points as SS but doesn't take as long. (and perhaps they could make SS worth more? It takes just as long as YYB for me) and perhaps another game that is worth as much as a YYB draw. That way, we'd have 6 games to rotate through each day instead of seeing the same 4. It a small, but doable adjustment. Also, add new power-ups to YYB and change the Kreludor team back to how it was (with the female grundo and the lutari chick)

That sounds awesome! Just anything except for the current format is good. xD

I really dislike the brackets this year. The most important thing to me is that I get to play every team at least once. One of the parts of the AC that I like the most is taking a look at the graphics for each team, and I'd rather check out the other teams while playing them instead of just looking at screenshots. Also, the strategy part of it just isn't as interesting when you're playing the same team four times.

I would also love a pause button, especially for yyb and ss. Yesterday, I got interrupted mid-game tons of times. It would be nice to be able to pause and come back, instead of wasting time by not submitting that score.

Oh yea, disabling sign-ups after a certain point wold be useful, too. People get 2 weeks, a week before the cup starts and a week after, to sign up for a team. After that they are SOL unless they want to just play for themselves. Then there really would be a jelly team and a meepit team that late-comers could join to play against each other and earn points. Players from those teams would earn points and ranks like normal, and they'd get a participation badge, but they wouldn't be able to join teams that look like they were going to win and bog down the team with freeloaders. For extra fun, the meepit and jelly teams could also get results every day and whoever wins the majority of matches gets a pretty gold participation badge instead.

(maybe I should run TNT. :shiftyeyes_anim: Jk )

what I want

1.Brackets gone,it also takes up space for it!

2.Voting for a retired neopet that was on the team before.

3.please,PLEASE,I wish that they would give you more awesome clothing items other than,the frames,the background,more like,the yooyu ball,and the thing(yes i said thing)you use with your hand(idk why even the aisha in tm can have hands!also uni's clothing)or paw,and score the yooyu.

4.I wish they can add news,i mean news,like whos in lead,some stuff,like that,and post it on the altador cup page.EDIT:I mean like a video

5.also i wanted to add this(yes its for you lady lyuba.),I like the pausing and ending games option.its great.i get interrupted by phone calls or door knocks....

That is brilliant! Oh, if only we could see TNT doing something like this - hey, why don't you suggest it to them? :D

That is brilliant! Oh, if only we could see TNT doing something like this - hey, why don't you suggest it to them? :D

I'm pretty sure my suggestion would be lost in a sea of other suggestions and complaints. And even if it did somehow get read by one of the staff members, they'd probably ignore it for 2 reasons: 1- It's TNT, of course they'll ignore a user-submitted suggestion. 2- The same reason they don't accept suggestions for pets or pet colors, if they did change the format to that next year, I'd definitely think they used my idea, and even though I'm not like some people who'd call them out on it and try to take all of the credit, they don't want to take chances like that. So I shall keep my mouth shut and hope they fix this crapola system themselves.

Make Darigan Yooyus work how they're supposed to and go back to the old format from last year. I don't mind 38 days.

I wish they'd fix Reshar Collifey (Darigan's goalie)'s scored on picture. He has two left handed gloves.

I wish they'd fix the announcers, "Spikes" Barmie is NOT A DEFENDER. Two years in a row they've called him a defender when he's a Right Forward. Better yet just get rid of the announcers because they're always wrong anyway, I win a game 13-0 and they say Garven played terribly.

I wish they'd fix Moltara's team page, where the Yurble's picture is shown twice, in place of the Acara.

You know, the little things I notice. There's another team where there is a random " at the end of one of the announcer's speeches too.

23tnrcw.jpg

No more brackets! I think a lot of people feel like their team got a raw deal with the brackets, even some Kreludor fans feel it's bad because people may not take their win seriously. It's a terrible system that allows dumb luck to play too much of a role in the final outcome.

I don't really mind the purple yyb and kind of find it amusing when the other team makes a score for me.

The announcers /are/ always wrong, but I like having 8 seconds of extra stuff after each goal that I can just click through, as it makes the game shorter and less tedious.

Huh...I'm actually perfectly fine with the darigan yooyus...I usually just aim facing the wall, and it goes in like 50% of the time...and if it doesn't, the other team usually gets it in for me XD

What I would like is for the Altador Cup to get pushed back a bit or something. Every year I finish classes in late June and miss most of it, but this year was the worst, because it got shortened too. I only really started playing yesterday, because I had classes/exams up until June 22nd

I'm-a tired of facing RI, so I want the DRR back, not to mention it gives us advantage.

Yeah, the Darigan Yooyus should go away, or just go back to how it used to be.

And I want a Yooyuball Sling as a prize, doesn't matter for any color!

And I approve of an easier YYB.

And it'd be interesting to see 7 members on each teams.

Huh...I'm actually perfectly fine with the darigan yooyus...I usually just aim facing the wall, and it goes in like 50% of the time...and if it doesn't, the other team usually gets it in for me XD

What I would like is for the Altador Cup to get pushed back a bit or something. Every year I finish classes in late June and miss most of it, but this year was the worst, because it got shortened too. I only really started playing yesterday, because I had classes/exams up until June 22nd

I think that's a really good idea. Surely TNT knows that a lot of their audience are in school, and putting these games during a lot of people's tests is not fun. Starting the last week of June should help that a lot.

I think they keep the Cup in the June area because that is when the World Cup and European Cups are held. Euro 2012 is currently going on right now so they appear to try and line them up with soccer tournaments.

As for Darigan Yooyus there are times where I try to do the bottom corner shot and a defender starts guarding the spot, refusing to move unless I get close to the bottom. Real annoying.

I know your pain. TNT was only thinking about American students and decided to start the Cup when they were all getting out of school. Starting it later would be nice, since those of us in Canada, the UK, or the non-conforming state of Oregon still have school in June.

I think they keep the Cup in the June area because that is when the World Cup and European Cups are held. Euro 2012 is currently going on right now so they appear to try and line them up with soccer tournaments.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure the first Altador Cup was held during one of the FIFA World Cups. I don't think it has anything to do with anyone's school schedules.