What changes would you like to see added to the next AC?

Lady Lyuba

Yeah. I'm pretty sure the first Altador Cup was held during one of the FIFA World Cups. I don't think it has anything to do with anyone's school schedules.

I wouldn't be so sure. Neopets tends to have events when they know people might be busy with other things. The AC starts when most school age children are getting out for the summer. I don't think that's a coincidence. Nor is having Daily Dare during the time lots of kids are out for spring break. The Games Master Challenge during Thanksgiving week/weekend. Of course the Advent Calendar during the busy month of December. Not to mention the Halloween and Easter events. All these events are timed around things that keep people busy in real life. They know this and want to keep people visiting the site. Unfortunately it's not out of the goodness of Viacom's heart, but the fact that they don't want their advertising revenue to take a nosedive during these times. The Altador Cup is no different.

Anyway, the Darigan yooyus need to go away or revert back to what they were. The current bracket system needs to be trashed and completely reworked. A new game would be nice, but really, aside from those two things I mentioned, this year was pretty good. Though it would be nice if the YYB AI got better instead of just blatantly ripping you off.

I wouldn't be so sure. Neopets tends to have events when they know people might be busy with other things. The AC starts when most school age children are getting out for the summer. I don't think that's a coincidence. Nor is having Daily Dare during the time lots of kids are out for spring break. The Games Master Challenge during Thanksgiving week/weekend. Of course the Advent Calendar during the busy month of December. Not to mention the Halloween and Easter events. All these events are timed around things that keep people busy in real life. They know this and want to keep people visiting the site. Unfortunately it's not out of the goodness of Viacom's heart, but the fact that they don't want their advertising revenue to take a nosedive during these times. The Altador Cup is no different.

I...don't understand when you'd want them to host these games that's convenient for everyone. I mean...some of us work full time and don't have any of those breaks you mention (I get 2 days for Thanksgiving and Christmas). And half of what you mention lines up with the holidays they're associated with...or are they supposed to hold those at different times of the year, too? I mean, I'd think it was rather weird to be doing a Easter or Christmas themed event during the summer or something. I understand that they generally line things up with American holidays, but they are an American based company, no?

Personally, my only desired change would be a lower maximum game limit, so there is not such a disparity between the people who can play 20+ hours a day vs. the people who cannot. There would also be a tighter and more accurate race for first place.

I...don't understand when you'd want them to host these games that's convenient for everyone. I mean...some of us work full time and don't have any of those breaks you mention (I get 2 days for Thanksgiving and Christmas). And half of what you mention lines up with the holidays they're associated with...or are they supposed to hold those at different times of the year, too? I mean, I'd think it was rather weird to be doing a Easter or Christmas themed event during the summer or something. I understand that they generally line things up with American holidays, but they are an American based company, no?

Personally, my only desired change would be a lower maximum game limit, so there is not such a disparity between the people who can play 20+ hours a day vs. the people who cannot. There would also be a tighter and more accurate race for first place.

Actually the company started in the UK. Outside of plots, the Advent Calendar and short events related to Easter and Halloween (pretty sure back in the day they only lasted a day each if my memory serves me correctly) pretty much everything else was tacked on after Viacom bought the site in 2006. Now I didn't say anywhere in my post that I wanted them to move them. Obviously you can't change when the holiday events are. I was just simply stating the reason behind the timing for certain events. I work a full time job, have a spouse, two kids and quite a large group of animals. I don't get any of those breaks either. The timing is primarily based on the United States school calendar. Children are the main users of the site, and the majority of them are in the US. The point of my post was to explain why they schedule the events for the dates they choose. It's simply business strategy.

It would be nice if some of the events were shorter, or they cut you a little slack in regards to not missing a day. It's very frustrating to be very active in an event, just to have one day where you can't get online because of traveling or internet problems, thereby costing you the best prize and/or trophy. That's happened to me like three times in the past year. I completed the entire event, but due to some reason beyond my control, had to do one day of the events activities a day late, and it cost me. Seeing that one yellow check mark among all the other green ones is quite a bummer. Especially when I was only a day late completing whatever it was! It wasn't like I waited to the end of the event. Oh well, that's a rant for another time.