My pet was deleted

heybuddywhatsup

Today my pet was deleted due to having an inappropriate name. I can vaguely understand why, however the only way you could construe it like that is if you relate it to a ridiculous word born from internet lingo.

My problem isn't the fact that my pet was deleted (even though it was a UC grey) my issue is that I traded for the pet yesterday and didn't even have it for a full 24 hours before it was deleted. I traded an extremely common real word for it. I sent in a ticket to ask if I could get the RW pet back but I haven't heard back from them. I doubt I will.

My question is if there is anything I can do about it other than wait for this atrocious customer service to respond.

Yeah... you would think that if the name was that innaproprate they would have found it by NOW. :/ That's a little unfair.

Best of luck!

Sad that this happened to you. Unfortunately, I've never heard of a pet being un-deleted before, I don't even know if it's possible, and I'm afraid I very much doubt you'll get your RW back. Even at that, I wouldn't expect to hear back from TNT for several weeks at least.

You would have thought, with a UC, if they were going to delete it they would have a long time ago. Maybe someone reported it?

I've seen a handful of UC pets with semi-inappropriate names, but they've never been deleted. Just as the people above, I thought they were grandfathered in due to the fact that TNT had plenty of time to delete the Neopets with inappropriate names, and shouldn't have waited until years later to delete them...

I know of someone who had their pet deleted for an innapropriate name (which I believe was Poo XD). They sent a ticket to TNT and managed to get their pet back with a convincing argument. I'm sure if you're rational with TNT they will sort things out; it's not fair to have an unconverted deleted after this much time, especially since you just traded!

I really hope this gets sorted out in your favour. Yey for work in progress ^^

I'd just being exceptionally nosy but what was the pets name? It does seem very unfair to delete a pet when it must have been around years and surely if it was going to cause offense it would have already and therefore been deleted previously.

At least you now know that they *can* undelete pets so there is a certain amount of hope around the corner...if they don't though I wouldn't expect your traded pet back. I'm fairly certain they don't do things like that, they'll work on the principle that if it was traded then it no longer belongs to you.

Thank you for the suggestions :) I've been trying to update my ticket, but it looks like it's bugged or something. Quite a few people have said that they couldn't look at their tickets. :( I'd rather not say the pet's name. That's exactly how it got deleted, I was talking to someone on my side account and I told her the name and a few minutes later the pet got deleted. I know the person I was talking to was the one who reported it because I got the message from TNT on that side account which isn't connected to my main account at all, not even with the same email address.

I shouldn't have asked that the pet I traded be returned to me, but I submitted that ticket as soon as it happened and I was rather upset and wasn't thinking clearly. As unfair as it is that the UC got deleted as soon as I got it, it would also be unfair for the other person if I got the traded pet back.

It sounds as though someone was angered regarding you achieving such a beautiful unconverted pet.

See, the problem is that TNT's staff is very vast, and whichever staff member had deleted your pet probably had acted a little too rashly. From what I witness, you have already done all you can do. Be polite. But be assertive. State your purpose, give them all your facts, and even if you must, QUESTION why an elder pet would be deleted after so many years. (If you must.)

I'm very sorry that this had happened to you and I'm sorry about the poor sports out there.

No worries - I was just being nosy after all! I'm with lilshadowdeweller - someone is just jealous a very poor sport and really needs to get a life.

You'll just have to hope for the best I guess, particularly if the tickets bugged then there's not much more you can do. Just keep trying to amend it I guess to see if that works.

Wow, I've never heard of anything like this happening until now. Doesn't really surprise me though to be honest. Neopets can sometimes be a bit unfair from stories I've heard and/or experienced. I really hope they fix the issue for you, good luck!

It means a lot to me that so many people would come in here and offer encouraging words to me :) Most people probably think it doesn't mean anything to wish someone luck but it really means a lot to me that you'd do it. Thank you :)

Hey everyone :) Just wanted to update you. My pet was restored to me today! I'm soooo happy :) Thanks again for all the advice and kind words you guys have given me!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, edit your previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh goodness, that's wonderful! Congrats! <3

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

What a relief that you got your pet back! I can't believe somebody would be so callow as to report your newly-acquired pet (no doubt through jealousy). Congrats on the trade and on getting the pet restored... it seems the customer service team isn't always useless! :)

Oh yay! I'm so happy for you. :D It's nice to see that people do get their pets back. :)