Random Neofriend Requests ... Accept Or Not ?

Angeló

I usually only get them after I post on the boards or something, but still, I have to wonder why people want to be my neofriend in the first place :mellow: I'm afraid of saying no right away, for some reason, so I usually wait a few days and then finally reject it. I just want to know why random people do this!

I usually only get them after I post on the boards or something, but still, I have to wonder why people want to be my neofriend in the first place :mellow: I'm afraid of saying no right away, for some reason, so I usually wait a few days and then finally reject it. I just want to know why random people do this!

I assume most of them are just kids and newbies who don't know any better.

Although I have gotten a few random NF requests lately. o_O I wonder if they're people from here.

It depends. If they appear to be a new player that has not done much with their account and whom I never affiliated with before then I ignore/reject them.

If we neomailed before, have similar interests, are part of me guild or has a good reputation then I may accept them.

I neomail them and ask why they neofriended me, and based on their response accept or deny. I'm not big on denying people who want to be friends with me and don't really see why people make a big fuss about who they allow in their friendslists xD big whoop it's just an online game.

No, I'd rather accept them if I know the person from here, deviantART, Facebook, real life, or anywhere else. If I know and trust the person, they are accepted. If I do not know who they are and it is just random, then no. I almost never get random NF requests however.

• 2 weeks later...

I've turned off the requests when I first started playing as I don't like random requests. If someone really wants to be neofriends, they can always shoot a message, but I do prefer to know the person first. I don't post on the boards or play Key Quest (for now), so I don't expect to get any anyway.

I will probably accept any request that comes my way, but if there was an aged account with small stats or if a random newbie wants to be friends I would be reluctant to accept... However anyone else I meet through the battledome or keyquest or whatever is the place I find people to neomail the most :)

I accept random neofriend requests when I very rarely get them. I do not see what harm can be done. Personally I have never gotten a friend request from some I've played Key Quest with, but I'd likely accept. I've never had anyone beg me for anything though, either.

I've gotten a few random neofriend requests this past week and have accepted them. The weird thing is they all have one thing in common: not a single one has contacted me after I accepted the request.

It feels weird because I have no idea why they want to be my Neofriend if they're not actually going to be my Neofriend...

I've gotten a few random neofriend requests this past week and have accepted them. The weird thing is they all have one thing in common: not a single one has contacted me after I accepted the request.

It feels weird because I have no idea why they want to be my Neofriend if they're not actually going to be my Neofriend...

I occasionally get the random neofriend request and that always happens to me. I'll accept, but then never hear from them. What's the point of being neofriends then?

I accepted them a lot more early on in my account than I do now. I just don't really see the point of having neofriends unless you already know the person (virtually or otherwise).

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me - if we never communicate, and I don't know you, then why? It's one thing if we're friending because of Habi, but that's actually a solid reason.

The one thing that has really annoyed me consistently is the amount of requests I get for giving away my pets. I don't think I'd ever just randomly neomail someone to see if they want to give up a pet. Xhesu is honestly my biggest request!

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me - if we never communicate, and I don't know you, then why? It's one thing if we're friending because of Habi, but that's actually a solid reason.

The one thing that has really annoyed me consistently is the amount of requests I get for giving away my pets. I don't think I'd ever just randomly neomail someone to see if they want to give up a pet. Xhesu is honestly my biggest request!

I haven't had that happen. (Even for pets that I want to give away. 0.o)

Either way, I don't get the logic behind that. If you spent a lot of time and money earning something, would you give it away just because someone asked? (And not necessarily in a polite tone either...)

I think I once (or twice?) clicked on a NF request, thinking there'll be a confirmation page. :'D I'm wondering if some of the requests are just mistakes actually, haha.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem unlikely that people would actually be looking for your auctions/trades.