Slushie Slinger

Slushie Slinger: Yay or Nay?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should SLSL be in the future AC?

• Yes
    • No

I know it's early for the AC, but this just bothered me when I played some of the AC games.

YYB takes about 3 minutes.

SLSL takes about 5 minutes.

MSN takes 30 seconds.

SOSD takes less than 30 seconds.

Now SLSL is a side game, but to get a decent score, you play usually about the same time as you would a YYB game? Why do this? I mean shouldn't SLSL be rid off for a shorter, quicker game? YYB is the main game, so it should take the longest time, plus I played the game and it does take a while to get it going.

What are your thoughts on this? Change it, keep it, or get rid of it and why? I say get rid of it.

i dunno, i really like slsl. it does take a long time in comparison to the other games but i guess it's a matter of preference. some people might spend all of their time playing slsl while others may allocate their time differently. as long as people are participating and enjoying it, i see no need to replace slsl. it adds a bit of variety to the tournament.

Most people are dreading SLSL because it takes so much time...

However, if you start playing MSN or SHSH while the customers line up, it's not so bad. :P

I would be upset if they removed it. Yes, it takes longer to play, but I really enjoy it. All the other games, side games and YYB, I sorta dread having to play and have to force myself. Slushie Slinger is just fun to me. If I didn't care about ranks, that would be all I'd really play.

However, if you start playing MSN or SHSH while the customers line up, it's not so bad. :P

^This. Yes, SLSL takes a while, but you CAN multi-task. I was able to complete at least five ShoSho games before I had to get back into SLSL. Then I feed all the customers and serve a couple more.

I didn't figure that out until pretty much the end of last year. It made my favorite game SHSH a little less monotonous. So I would keep it. You just have to multi task for it to be the most efficient and useful.

When I get sick of playing YYB or my hands cramp from playing MSN I usually play Slushie Slinger. I don't find it's that annoying of a game. I try and go for the correct slushie per customer in the beginning and then end up just tossing whatever down the lane as the game gets faster.

I hope they don't take it away... :( My vote is YAY!

My point was that it's not weighted equally as YYB. For a side-game it's long and the points you get from it doesn't really match the other side games, except probably MSN.

12 games of MSN = 2 games of SLSL, that's 6 minutes vs 5 minutes.

It may be your favorite, but it's not practical.

It's a time consuming game, but we still want it. Besides, we have the option to not play it.

I know you have the option of not playing I'm not stupid. I would choose other games over it because of the way it's weighted. YYB and SHSH seems like it makes the most sense.

I partly agree, but I also really like this game. When I get bored of playing YYB it's a nice break - though a bit long. I'd be happy if they just upped the points earned so it's easier to get a score quicker. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't play, like, or care about SLSL, but from what I can tell, people like it and some teams would suffer without it.

With that said I'm all in favor of keeping SLSL in the next AC.

It's not weighted fairly granted but I guess you make that choice when you play it - I enjoy it as a game when I get hacked with the other games. It's entertaining and useful for when you just need a break from the others. I'd be sorry to lose it I have to admit.

Plus, I never thought of multi tasking on it and playing SDSO at the same time! Nowthat's a fantastic idea.

Yeah, it adds variety to the other games. It drives me insane, but i'd prefer to have it there.

Plus when the AC is over I can show off how many games of it I survived.

Enough people like SlS that it shouldn't be removed. Somehow shortened, perhaps, but not removed.