Why can't I send this neomail??

bubbles_taicho

*sigh* "I wonder if I'll ever find the faerie pet of my dreams?" Bubbles asked no one imparticular as she walked through Faerieland that was now sitting on the ground. Suddenly, she saw an advertisement on a street lamp. "'Adopt a faerie pet today!'" she read. Underneath the words was a picture of a beautiful faerie Xweetok. 'She's gorgeous.' Bubbles thought with a smile. 'I wonder if she's still up for adoption?'

Sorry if this is horrible! I've never actually written an application before. -__-; I'm just wondering if your Xweetok is still up for adoption? If she is, I'll gladly provide you with a more detailed application!

I get the standard prfanity/religious/hacking content message, but I've already changed multiple words and can't seem to find the "profanity" that I'm supposedly using! Help? :(

Seems like the filters have a problem with the word "advertisement." Maybe try "flyer" or "notice". Also, it should be "in particular," not "imparticular." :) Good luck with your app!

The neofilters can sometimes be a royal pain and won't accept anything you type. They're just annoying that way. Sometimes the filters block words with contractions. What I usually do is copy what I want to say (after editing for potential blocked words) is copy and paste everything into a word document and try sending my message later and it works.

Ooh, I love a good game of "Find the R-rated part!" TNT has way too dirty of a mind to be running a kids' site.

(Grape is blocked because it has a word in it that you wouldn't even think of when you're thinking of a grape. It's pretty ridiculous.)

The filters really need to be re-done so they tell us exactly what parts we need to change. I've spent 30 minutes hunting for my supposed "profanity." Like Karina said, they block stuff that you really have to twist to make it dirty.

I don't understand the profanity filter anymore. I understand that people are going to misuse 'light' filters, but even with 'strong' filters, people are going to find a way around them. Might as well make it a light filter — you know, blocking the obvious words and taking the words that don't have a predominantly innocent meaning off of the filter — and if someone reports them for circumventing the filter, well, silence them! Or suspend/ban them if need be. I think they're trying to keep small children from seeing the bad language, but by the time you're 12, chances are you've heard worse, and kids under 12 aren't allowed to be on the boards without parental permission anyways.

To me, the rule of thumb should be that if it is in an item name, it shouldn't be a filtered word. Otherwise you limit legit neopet item trading, pet trading etc. Like someone mentioned somewhere else, blocking those words just makes you look at the word to see what hidden, other word is in there.

I'm guessing that the filters work in such a way that the actual character combination is what makes it go off, as opposed to the full word. That is, TNT have blocked the character combination "r, a, p, e", not the word "grape". Perhaps a different filtering system is in order?

• 1 year later...

Just got here because I had a problem sending "This coffee is really screwing me up, my fingers won't stop shaking!" Didn't even think that "screwing" was "sexual" instead of a synonym for "messing" in this case. I've had problems with contractions, "grape", and "peanut" before, too! So odd. I don't think the average child is THAT creatively dirty-minded...