New Games Room, Avatar and Scores Galore!

Emily

neww-mention-ngr-2012-anen.jpg

After all of the craziness yesterday, The Neopets Team has finally put our curiosities to rest:

NEW GAMES ROOM BETA! - King Roo just couldn't hold his excitement so he asked us to make a special announcement! There is a new game machine - what does that mean exactly? Well, it means the Games Room will have a brand new look! The citizens of Roo Island are busy setting up all the components of this new game machine, so you might see some funny stuff happening in the Games Room in the next few hours. Once everything is set up though, you will be able to test it all out! Since this is the Beta version, please expect a few bugs. If you do see any, please make sure to report them all here.

To celebrate the redesign of the Games Room, once the Beta design is up, users will have the opportunity to send scores 5 times per day until March 4th at 11:59:59pm NST!

Also, in order to thank all users for their patience yesterday for what will forever be known as "The Great Neoboard Famine of Y14," TNT has released a new avatar, obtainable by visiting the News Page. Don't forget to check off your brand new avatar too!

neopocalypse.gif

You are now eligible to use 'I survived the Neopocalypse!' as an avatar on the

NeoBoards!

The avatar they made for this is absolutly hilarious :P and it makes an easy one to get for me! yay! So they anounced a new gameroom thing this morning but I still don't see the difference. Also, when does game galore start? They said it would last all week but it ends on the 4th which is only in 5 days and it's not available yet....

It starts when the Beta design goes up. I'm assuming it'll probably be up by the end of today. Since the news was rather early today, it may go up around regular news time (around 2:30pm NST)

I agree on the avvie :D A nice little thank you for the terrible glitches yesterday >.<

Wonderful! What a wonderful and surprising new shiny avatar for me to check off my list!

I'm just glad everything is back working again! Now I can go and fail at faerie bubbles some more... I want that avatar so badly!

Thanks TDN for keeping me busy and in the know ;)

It's such a great way of thanking us for our patience (making us forget LOL), Someone must have worked very hard to get the graphics together, the concept and then turn it into in animated gif in such a short time. Very impressed!

I would imagined they'll leave it that you can get it for the next 24 hrs, and then retire it? :)

I love stuff like this on Neo, it captures all our imaginations *ducks from the flying meepits*

The new avvie is the perfect way for neopets to make up for yesterdays site problems. I can't wait to see the new games room!!!

The avatar was unexpected, but the fact that players can play games up to 5 times a day later on is awesome!

I hope that the random Red Pteri thing is not present anymore upon clicking randomly, it wasn't good for the PHP games.

LOL that avatar is so funny, I love the falling Meepits :laughingsmiley: As of this moment, I forgive TNT for depriving us from the boards yesterday!

The New Games Room is up now :) it looks really good!!

Edited by behemothrules

http://www.neopets.com/games/

New [beta] Games Room is up, go ahead and get ready to send game scores 5x a day per game! :D

The new games room is going to take some getting used yo but I like the new look so we'll see how the adjustment goes.

First bug I noticed... the NP ratio are wrong. :P

It took me a while to solve it, but here you go anyway.

Fashion Fever's NP ratio

1 NP = 100 points?

TNT lacked to put a decimal point before the last two numbers of the second number.

100 points should be 1.00 NP ratio.

Attack of the Marblemen's NP ratio

1 NP = 1667 points

1667 points should be 16.67 NP ratio

Kass Basher's NP ratio

1 NP = 114 points

114 points = 1.14 NP ratio

You should be able to get the rest on your own. Hope this helps you guys out with solving the ratios again! :yes:

i think the avatar should only be available to people who signed up before the famine and look at the boards afterwards

Why? The avatar is not only because the Neoboards disappeared. A lot of problems contributed to the "Neopocalypse."

As for the games room: I like it, and I don't like it.

Some of the things I miss:

My favorites - I can only see 12 now. What's funny is if I delete one, another one shows up that I used to have.

Sponsored games area - these are usually the easiest to make NPs from and I used to just go there and play all of them, now I have to search for them

Recently played - I like taking breaks between games and I used to just go to the games room and click on the game I was playing on the side, that's gone now, so again I have to search for it.

Sakhmet solitaire - So technically it's still there, but it used to be under Card and Board games. Now it's not there....

I don't like the new games room but I am rather grumpy today because of the lack of updates in Plushie Tycoon Game for a full day.At the last 2 days of the game it was a disappointment to not get any sales to reach the Avatar score needed...Having played diligently for the last 17 days I find it rather annoying. As for the avatar well everyone gets that whether they have been on Neopets Budgetting,buying,selling,dodging taxes,manufacturing or lounging at some tropical resort sipping cocktails..... :sad02:

I heard a saying once...If it's not broken don't fix it??