Making a new Pet

Lady Kakata

What exactly motivates you to make a new pet? Story? New species? New colour? A particular outfit getup?

I admit, I'm VERY tempted to make a MALE Shadow Xweetok and kit him out aristocratically gothic and have him be a 'love interest' in a story for Moorlough after I'm finished writing the 'sister' story with her and Nimhue. Moorlough is lady-like (or thinks she is), graceful, and loves pale, light, pastel colours. Xanthras (I'm stuck with that name although another Xwee has it >_O) is cool, persistant, and a gentleman. Just loves the dark, the night, cold, silence, and the total opposite of Moorlough XD

Usually, it's me falling in love with another color/species/customization. Which happens fairly often. :P

Sometimes after one of those comes to me, though, I think of story/character.

I created a good amount of my pets, but nowadays I prefer adopting from the pound. It just makes me feel nice. :)

Well, I made a bunch of poogles for poogle day, but usually I don't go around making new pets. I did create Gunnslinger and Phooca, and both of those were created because of a character that I had in mind. :)

It's always for the character, for me, but I'll only do it if it's absolutely necessary - like when I create a side or when I make my draik, unless MP prices drop below egg prices. But, yes, it's a character thing, a pet somehow fitting into the messed up herd of neopets I call my own x3 If TNT were to release a new species, I might make one if it's cute enough, though.

I adopt more than I create. Fourteen pets out of the 20 I own were adopted(Three were adopted just today!). I find creating a massive amount of pets gives them less of a story.

My first pet, Purcey7, was named for a pun and the Harry Potter books. I was 12 when I made her, and I wanted my first pet to be special. So yeap, that's why. I regret choosing a numbered name, though. FriePie (my Cloud Pteri) was adopted, I didn't make his name. Kia my Kacheek was also adopted. Zamaery (my Zafara) was made because I really loved Zafaras and I wanted one. Plus I thought my adopted and created were out numbered. ^^

When I made my second account, again, I wanted the first pet to be created. So I created Rainas2000 my Shoryu. LittleBabyKitty was adopted, as was Menewcy, the Cybunny. I think that account used to have a Poogle, too. It's named was Poogley___ something.

Anyway, essentially, I normally adopt, but I enjoy picking out names and sometimes I like the personal touch of creating my own pet.

Usually when I think of a great name, need another pet to lab (whose name I want to be awesome) or something similar. Of course if a new pet comes out and I really like it, I might also get it :)

My pets have more personalities then the do stories

Asikai and Naamah are my Gothic princess that just prefer to be alone. They break the prissy Uni and Usul stereotypes.

Doodle, Tonette, Julie and Verye are little ladies who like to socialize and be proper. They don't want a single scuff on their shoes or a stain on their dresses.

Gevale and Wirios are both Steampunks. However, Wirios recently turned to Emo subculture to break away from his best friend, Gevale.

Inkubites is my little party boy. He always has a messy room and has the most reckless behaviour of any of my pets.

Sweetie, Lae, and Daminya are country girls who don't mind going outside and getting messy, unlike Julie, Verye, Tonette, and Doodle.

Chuckalah, Cake Cake, Mihuw, "The Amazing" Bujeeki, Armor King, Liswishie and Pugsley are just the unique pets who really don't fit in.

And Isqz looks doomy and gloomy on the outside but is cheery on the inside.

What often motivates me is the idea for the character. If the character is strong enough, and I get plenty of stories about them in my mind, design them, etc...then I create the pet. I need a good, solid character first, with a story, and a voice. Then I preplan, by looking for things he or she might wear, and the petpet that would fit him or her best. I also will come up with a good name as well, and use the search to find ones available. Then I pick a birthday for the pet and create them on that day.

Well ... just like with Nimhue, I gave in when I realised a spelling was available.

Meet Xanthrax the Male Red Xweetok :laughingsmiley:

In the future I hope to have him looking like this :

Xanthrax.png

Ooh, he looks very spiffy!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Keep your posts at 7 words or more. Anything under 7 words is considered spam.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ive had one pet for 8 years, never more, never less. :P But go for it!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. If you have nothing to add to the topic of why you create new pets, please don't post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Usually, the clothes and wigs are what get me when I happen upon some odd thing I win from a trade. I end up losing interest and pounding them though. I have my trusty 7 yr old pet I got from the pound and I won't part with him, my Mynci.

I'm tempted to get a Kougra right now because I got a royal Kougra plushie in my SDB, been in storage for a long while now. I'd also like to go ahead and go on a shopping spree and do a total "royal" theme to my mostly neglected neohome. I'm one of those weirdos who sits and earns decent amount of neopoints then doesn't do much with them, lol. I actually enjoy the financial aspects of the game.

Wow Xanthrax is such an awesome name!! He's going to look great when he's all kitted out :) Remember though if you plan to include him in your stories and submit them to the NT that they don't accept any kind of love story.

I don't make pets cause I'm a bit of a stickler for names, but when I see a name I adore and I think of the colour that would suit is when I fall in love ^_^ One of my trades just fell through which I was really excited about, perfect name for a Water Draik :sad02:

Wow Xanthrax is such an awesome name!! He's going to look great when he's all kitted out :) Remember though if you plan to include him in your stories and submit them to the NT that they don't accept any kind of love story.

I know, I have a sort of love story in mind but I know I can't put it in TNT XD I'll post it here if I get it done (and IF TNT replies to my ticket with regard to his name). I've got a deal for his background and roses (rather than the lilies he has in this picture) but I really want them to answer my ticket. I don't want to customise him only to have him taken away!

I didn't realise that "anthrax" wasn't allowed! I hope TNT are gravy about it!

Definitely post your stories here ^_^ I really enjoyed the last one.

Neither did I o_O I'm awaiting TNT's judgement and hope they see I was aiming for just a general name (Xanthras) which was taken, so changed the last letter and co-incidentally got another word. It's been a while since I submitted a ticket but we'll see!

I love how there are Sweetheart Grams and romances in official TNT stories but users are not permitted to make their own XD I really need to finish Moorlough and Nimhue's story before I start one with Xanthrax. I picture him being a soothing, low-voiced gentleman, far more the aristocrat than Moorlough could ever try and refine herself to be. But as much as that is attractive, he's spooky and Gothic while she is very much pale pastel and delicate flowers. One of her opening gambits to him is asking if he's a vampire since the only real way I picture them meeting is if she gets lost in the Haunted Woods on the way home from Faerieland to Shenkuu