Altador Teams: How are you preparing for the next cup?

colourful97

Am I the only one who starts early (ie: choosing a team, decking out in apparel, etc.)?

I decided, since I used to do this all the time before, that I need to start getting ready now!

What do you guys do? Dress up your pet? Deck your house out?

It's hard for me right now, since I don't even know which team I'm going to support this year: I'm usually a Kreludor guy, but my Bruces say otherwise. >.>

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘Altador Cup VI (2011)’.

I picked Darigan Citadel last year, and I'm surely going to support them this upcoming year as well.

Ontopic: I normally dress up my Darigan Hissi Hiss_Dragon05 for the Altador Cup just to get him to look like Layton Vickles. Here he is by the way:

4.png

I personally start preparing for the next AC a week after the previous AC ended. Sounds insane, I know, but I highly doubt I'm the only one.

What I like to do is customize my pets with backgrounds (None of my pets can wear actual clothes haha) , and attempt at making an AC-themed Petpage. I also chat on an AC-focused forum yearly and post AC articles for that forum.

In my opinion, the AC never ends. It continues running year-long, just as long as a few people continue to share the warm, fuzzy feeling the AC brings people.

moltara for ac vii cough cough :whistle:

I would start getting excited about the Altador Cup about a week before. I would look up the teams and lurk in the forums before deciding on a team. The annoying thing is that I would just end up playing very little yooyuball because the Altador Cup season falls smack in the middle of the summer break here. The term 'summer break' is a misnomer for me, since I'm usually busy with either summer jobs or internships =(

When I do find the time to play, I would submit my scores to the team scoreboard at the Neoboards. I love the spirit of teamwork and it makes me feel happy knowing that I have contributed, even if it's only a little.

I have no idea what team to support, though. Who has the best chance of winning? :P

You can always check back with the Altador Cup history if you're looking for a good team that has a fine likelihood of winning. Also, do you have a favourite land in Neopia? That should help you out if you have trouble choosing a team for the next Altador Cup.

I've never participated in the AC before, so I'm looking forward to this year :D

I have no idea what team to support, though. Who has the best chance of winning? :P

No single team has the best chance of winning (It was predicted Shenkuu would win last year, and Virtupets took the cup while Shenkuu placed 11th or so) ; it all depends on how hard the team works, and some people believe it also has to do with the amount of freeloaders a team has and/or SOTAC.

I personally think that Maraqua, DC or Krawk Island has the best chance of winning this year :yes:

I'ma start getting all the customisation items for Maraqua soon. Even though I don't have a Mara pet anymore they're still my homeslices ^_^

I only reached level 3 last year but I'm gonna go the whole way this time :D

In my opinion, the AC never ends. It continues running year-long, just as long as a few people continue to share the warm, fuzzy feeling the AC brings people.

I agree with you Niku. It never really ended since the first Altador Cup.

I try to go on WAM boards all year long...

Since my homework steal me a lot of time, I mostly focus on getting things ready for WAM after Easter, and same goes for TDN's coverage planning.

(PS: Maraqua FTW)

Yeah, I stay with my board all year round too. Well not all ytear, I usually just drop in once a week and during that time I visit every active team board. x3

I know them Skers love me. :3

• 2 months later...

I couldn't help but already customize at least one pet for the AC!

4.png

I've been a huge fan of Mystery Island since my second cup and while we don't rank up with the big dogs, I adore my team and all the members that get on the MIYP boards ^^

Mystery Island is one of those teams that will surprise people during critical moments so beware :3

I'm still un-decided ... Shenkuu or Maraqua ... although I'm a loyal Shenkuu player since AC IV ... I feel I might need to change teams so I can have some more enthusiasm ...

When I get the money I will make a Layton Vickles cheerleader out of my Hissi, Serpent or Serpy Scales.

And check out what picture Naamah used for her desktop!

lg_darigancitadel.gif

• 1 month later...

Still hasn't hit me yet since I did take a long hiatus and am back on a new account, but I did chose the same old team I used to be on :D I wish there was a way to practice the games before.

And you think you are crazy? I was prepared for this year's Cup since the last one had ended. :laughingsmiley: I have already chosen my one true team seven years ago, so nothing to decide about there, I know that I will wear mainly black and purple for about a month (even decided to wear purple nail polish this time after I'm not allowed to put on my Darigan warpaint when I'm at work) and I give my hands as much rest as possible before the upcoming torment.

After Zazzle only accepts payments with credit cards from my location and I don't have a credit card I made my own Darigan shirt.

Bild018.jpg

Too bad I can't keep the white outlines because they are only the blurry chalk outlines I made to see where I have to add the paint later on and they will be brushed/washed off later on. They would have given it a more mysterious look. And I also don't think I can reach the same effect with white paint. The grey shadings and the red sky are also missing but I also don't think I can add them because the shadings won't stay on the black colour and the red will only look like, well, like a red line and won't have the effect of a dawning sun. Carrying the picture of the logo and the shirt to a print studio would have been easy but no they won't print it there because the picture is copyright protected and they don't print copyrighted material. <_<