Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ain, those are search engine bots scanning the page to be honest. That's why you see Yahoo, Google, Ask Jeeves, and others on the bottom of the page.

Is Alexa one of those too? I also saw Facebook stalking the forum once. xD

Yes they are, there are also Facebook bots that scan this page, too. Twitter bots also do the same as well.

Yes they are, there are also Facebook bots that scan this page, too. Twitter bots also do the same as well.

I'm confused. What are bots and why do they scan us? More importantly, who the high heck is Alexa?

They're usually from search engines and they make note of the things posted, that way, if someone goes onto Google and searches certain terms that appeared in a post here, it would link them to the post in the search results.

More importantly, who the high heck is Alexa?

Alexa is not a person, it is a search engine like Google, only more lesser known. This is it right here: http://www.alexa.com/

I see Google and Yahoo more often than anything . . . right now there's just me & some guest lurking . . . HI GUEST!!! (you should really officially join the forums. We're pretty cool . . .)

These guests don't know what they are missing over here at TDN. Every time I stop by this thread, there will be at least one or two guests (and in uncommon cases, a search engine bot) looking at this thread.

I'm eating a packet of cookies right now. :whistle: Most of the stuff I had to eat or drink (except for ciabatta and milk) today was ridiculously unhealthy.

Also, I feel really guilty because I ate like, half a tub of candy corn today. I usually never eat that much candy in a week. x_x

They have chocolate candy corn, too! & I absolutely love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I like the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs they have at Easter better, mostly because there's more peanut butter with the chocolate :)

Yup, they sure do!

choccaramelcorn.jpg

This one is actually chocolate caramel.

1707_edited-2.jpg

The typical chocolate candy corn is this one, called Indian corn. It's only got a little bit of chocolate, which is why I prefer the chocolate caramel one.

And yeah, regular Reese's have the perfect chocolate/peanut butter ratio, but sometimes you just need the extra peanut butter fix, at least I do :)