Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I could never imagine being in a marching band. The uniforms are hideous and I have no musical talent, I'll sing and that's as far as I'll go.

The farest I think I'll go for extra cirrculars is Students Against Destructive Decisions.

I was in the school orchestra for a while. I totally flunked that class. I hated my Cello so much.

I don't think I could ever be in a marching band, let alone play instruments for school again. I am in chorus though, but that kinda doesn't count.

I really love chorus, I just hate that like, 90% of the kids in chorus are only there to get a free "A" and not to sing. :|

I don't think I could ever be in a marching band, let alone play instruments for school again. I am in chorus though, but that kinda doesn't count.

I really love chorus, I just hate that like, 90% of the kids in chorus are only there to get a free "A" and not to sing. :|

Yeah that's a shame. I was in chorus for a little bit but it got boring. My first day of school is tommorow. I need to start cleaning out my back pack and such. I'll wait until everyone in my house is awake since I'm the only early riser.

Guys I'm excited. Tomorrow is my first marching band gig at my high school's first football game, at an actual stadium! :P

Most kids in marching band aren't supposed to be there unless they're past 9th grade- there's 5 exceptions this year; including me! :)

Wish me luck! :D

That's awesome Doc! :D You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Marching band is actually why I quit band for HS. No matter what band you were in, even Jazz Band, you were required to march and be at all of the football games. By that time, I was playing the tenor saxophone and there was no way I was marching with that, not to mention I dislike football.

I wish anyone who has school or college good luck on all their endeavours for this upcoming year. I can't believe that August is almost over as well, won't be long now until I have to go back to job training, as well as sleeping during the afternoon/evening like I used to (as well as being active extremely late at night).

Omigod, August ends tomorrow. Wow, this summer has really gone by fast. :O

Anyway, I finally decided to stop being lazy and buckle down on my assignments! Better late than never, eh? ;D

I feel like that calls for some sort of celebration. Maybe I'll make a cake or something this week, depending on how I feel.

I made banana bread today in the bread machine and it apparently was rather stuck in the machine because when I went to turn it over to get the bread out, all the inside of the bread came out leaving what was essentially the crust of the entire loaf in the bottom/sides of the pan, fail :rolleyes_anim: It looks really dumb but it still tastes alright.

Guys I'm excited. Tomorrow is my first marching band gig at my high school's first football game, at an actual stadium! :P

Most kids in marching band aren't supposed to be there unless they're past 9th grade- there's 5 exceptions this year; including me! :)

Wish me luck! :D

Luck! :D I loved marching band after we had a director change. I think you'll like it. :) We had to combine ours with the middle school kids because we weren't big enough alone. Aside from a few discipline problems, it worked out pretty well.

I used to remember holding off all my assignments to the last minute, it's not fun panicking when the last minute comes. I usually panicked at the first minute I get an assignment (mainly a harder one that required more attention) or have to study for a test at High School, I'd rather get these things done sooner opposed to later, I had to learn that the hard way when I was in my teen years.

I procrastinated on just about everything during grades 5 and 6. I was a really bad student during those two years (I also refused to do my homework several times- it was pretty much regular for me to refuse to do homework in grade 5), but once grade 7 rolled around I cleaned up my act, and it's been over two years since I last got a C. :D

Not counting the summer assignments, it's been a while since I last procrastinated on a major assignment...like, at least five or six months. Part of the assignment was done in school and another part was done at home, and I had somewhat of a panic attack/nervous breakdown during class once, induced by stress and procrastination.

Heh, come to think of it, I've been having quite a few procrastination-induced nervous breakdowns as of late. I don't think they're bad enough that I have to go see someone about it, but they have been pretty frequent. :|

EDIT: @48066; I'm just wondering but did you skip a grade?

I was twelve when I started grade 8 as well, but I didn't skip a grade, I just happened to be born just a few days before the cutoff date :) I actually like being among one of the youngest people in the grade, believe it or not.

8th grade already 48066? I never really seen that coming. I started 8th grade when I was 13 like most others. :P

I was twelve when I started grade 8 as well, but I didn't skip a grade, I just happened to be born just a few days before the cutoff date :) I actually like being among one of the youngest people in the grade, believe it or not.

Really? so I am not the only 12 year old 8th grader here. :laughingsmiley:

8th grade already 48066? I never really seen that coming. I started 8th grade when I was 13 like most others. :P

Yep, all of my friends are 13 and 14, AND I am the youngest 8th grader, don't know if that is good or bad TBH..

I was always the oldest in my grade. (Not counting a boy in middle school that had to re-take 8th.) My birthday is in the summer, so I turned 14 before my 8th grade year even started.

My sister's birthday was less than a week from the cut-off and they had a trip planned when she was supposed to go to kindergarten at 5, so they waited a year. Since my sister and I are almost exactly 3 years apart, they waited for me as well, so we'd always be separate. (My grade school had 3 playgrounds, one for kindergarten, one for 1-2, one for 3-5. So each time I moved to a new playground, my sister moved to the next one. When I was in 3rd, she moved to middle school. When I went to middle school, she went to HS. So we were together for one year in HS.)

I have a friend who's among the oldest in the grade- she might be the oldest, but I don't really know. She wasn't held back, instead she transferred from another district.

My brother is also among the oldest in his grade. He's a little less than two years older than me, but he missed the cutoff date and is going to be a sophomore rather than a junior.

As far as I know of, there's one person who got held back in my grade, yet no one who skipped a grade. o_O

One thing I don't like about being one of the youngest in the grade is being among the last to get their learners' permit and driver's license. (I'll have to wait until I'm a junior until I can get my permit, and a senior when I can get my license.)

Of course, I don't think everyone in the grade is going to try and get their permit the minute they turn sixteen, but whatever.

(to be honest, I probably have enough money to buy a car...but the best I could get would be some piece of crap early '90s Dodge or something <_< do not want)

:laughingsmiley: My first car was a 87 Toyota. My parents had bought it for my sister, and repaired it for me. (The engine blew up.) My second car was a 94 Civic when the Toyota died. I didn't buy my own car until I was 22. (I bought a 2000 Toyota SUV)

What are NY's driving laws? I got my permit a month after I turned 15, because I took driver's ed. I got my license the day I turned 16.

You have to be 16 to get a learner's permit, and 17 to get a full license. If you have a learner's permit (no matter how old you are), you can't go through tunnels and over bridges in the city and on parkways. (Personally, if I was making the rules, I wouldn't let any driver under 18 to go through tunnels, on parkways and over bridges, but that's just me)

I hear the the city is a lot more strict with their teenage driving laws...I don't blame them, and it makes me somewhat glad I live in the suburbs. :laughingsmiley:

That's pretty much all I know. The state DMV website is not very helpful when it comes to that kind of stuff :P