Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

He was only like that for about 3 days when we first brought him home. After that, forget it. But he never wanted put down. If I was on the computer, he'd curl up in my elbow. And he'd curl up beside my head on the pillow. (Except that had to stop, because he wouldn't stop purring, ever, and I couldn't sleep.)

Now, if he's not jumping on you, waking you up, he'll sleep by one of our legs. Usually mine, if I'm there, and my dad's if I'm not. And if he's not home, he'll sleep on my mom's.

He purred non-stop for the first couple days. Now, he purrs here and there. Like once, I caught a centipede in a cup (with plastic over it so it couldn't get out) and he just circled the cup, purring. Or he purrs when my mom brushes him.

All three of my cats are cuddly, but it usually has to be their idea. They all love contact with people. Odin is the most cuddly. He always sleeps on the bed with me, and he loves to sit on shoulders. Loki is an aggressive cuddler. If he wants to snuggle, he'll push his way in, regardless of what I am trying to do at the time. He drives my husband nuts, because he likes to paw a people (claws extended) or ram into people when he wants attention.

Ziggy is a very strange cat, concerning being touched or cuddled. He's a rescue cat. It took months for him to be comfortable with anyone touching him anywhere but his face. He still has an invisible line somewhere about the middle of his body, past which he doesn't want people touching his flank. He's also a bit obsessive-compulsive about being touched, especially on his paws. He starts obsessively licking them when someone touches them. Sometimes he starts with the obsessive paw licking, even if he's the one touching things! It's really quite hilarious to watch him dance around from paw to paw, licking them all in turn, because he touched the floor. :laughingsmiley:

That's exactly the sort of thing that Ziggy does. It's just really hilarious when his reaction is, "Eww. I touched the floor! Must wash!" Then he dances from paw to paw licking at all of them, continuing to get upset that they are in contact with something. He needs to be able to levitate.

I just found these pictures:

This is Cairo when he was 2 months old. (I was wrong with his age. He'll be 7 this October.)

PICT0038-1.jpg

PICT0028-1.jpg

And this is crazy Rio when he was a kitten. I can't believe how huge his paws were:

Rio-CrazyintheSun-1.jpg

And Rio as a crazy adult:

PICT0004.jpg

Thank you :D I love tabbies. :D Rio is my adopted kitty. (He's my sister's cat.)

:laughingsmiley: I know Livvy! No change at all. I can't believe how close those pictures are. The first, he was a kitten, the other was taken at least 6-7 years later.

Kind of makes me wish my cat was cuddly lol. He'll sit across the room and just stare unless he wants to be pet...but no way will he let anyone hold him. My dog,on the other hand, is a total lap dog. The thing is..he weighs as much as I do. Gets a little hard to breathe under a big yellow lab =P

Jasmine sleeps on my pillow, or behind my back, or curled up in front of me... As long as she's close to me, she doesn't seem to care. She still misses her mother sometimes, which is understandable as she has been here less than a week. So sometimes, when she's well fed, and all played out, and sleepy, she'll start purring, and crying intermittently, until she falls asleep. Those are the times when I grab her and cuddle her close close close. And when she's hungry, she comes and gets me if I don't notice right off the bat, and purrs and meows and goes to her food dish. At which point, of course, I immediately make her food! She has eaten four times already today, and will probably eat one more before bed time (which seems to be around 1 or 2 am these days).

Right now, since I left her alone for the first time since I brought her home (and was gone far longer than I intended, and so made her food as SOON as I got home, because I was two hours late for her feeding time), she is curled up on my computer chair next to me, and ready to go to sleep :P

Kind of makes me wish my cat was cuddly lol. He'll sit across the room and just stare unless he wants to be pet...but no way will he let anyone hold him. My dog,on the other hand, is a total lap dog. The thing is..he weighs as much as I do. Gets a little hard to breathe under a big yellow lab =P

Labs are such pretty dogs though. What's his name?

We've never had a dog because my dad is really allergic to them, and I'm slightly allergic. My mom is a huge Siberian Husky fan though.

Awww. My dog is a total lapdog. He's so cuddly and nice and fluffy and cute. *huggles*

b8okrr.jpg

2rptkjp.jpg

Rio used to be your avvie, right Spritz?

Awww. Your dog is so cute!

Yes he was. My best friend made me an avatar with the tongue out picture:

Rio_02.png