Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Hello! I am one of them...we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here, but I am joining in with the celebrations here.

I want pumpkin pie! Can I have some?

Oh and what's Costco?

So am I. Us Canadians already celebrated Thanksgiving.

I want pumpkin pie too! And Costco is just a store that sells lots of things in large quantities and is known for their free samples. I think you have to be a member though.

Hello. :)

You can find a LOT of stores bringing out their Christmas items in flipping October. x_x

Indeed so!

Yeah, towards the end of the month, if you've written your 50k, you can submit it on the site and wait for verification that you really did write. You can still edit it afterwards. The whole point is simply to write 50k words. Quality doesn't matter, and editing comes in December. :P

I'm nowhere near done with the actual novel, but I've written the first two chapters.

One of my friends linked me to that site yesterday. o.o And I've made my forum settings so I can't see anyone's avatars or signatures. XD

Seriously? I've personally been hearing more about Thanksgiving than Christmas right now, but maybe that's because I don't watch a lot of TV.

And I agree with you, Christmas has become rather commercial, but it has to be or nobody would be making money. An unfortunate fact. :/

Here in NY it's all about Christmas. There is not a single thing about Thanksgiving. And when the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade comes, the only thing people talks about is the fact that Santa comes in the end.

The Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular started on Ocotober 11th, before freakin Halloween.

We may as well cancel Halloween and Thanksgiving if Christmas is going to be mentioned before either of the two.

And it does suck that people have to make money off a holiday that's about spending time with family. It's not about buying crap.

Gifts are bonuses, not the whole point of the holiday.

And that's my two cents.

Their pumpkin pie is AMAZING :D

Yeah I know, it's weird how they're already starting the whole Christmas season so early. Yay consumerism and materialism! x_x

I know. It's so awesome that I like to have it all year, not just Thanksgiving.

This is the earliest I've ever seen the Christmas season begin. It just shows how greedy us humans have become.

So... do you all eat something specific for Christmas?

Turkey is for Thanksgiving, so what's for Christmas?

some say ham... but it varies on the family

Guys, guess what? I've finished my college application essay! I'm done! Finished! :woot: I have officially applied to college!

congrats! :)

I almost never go on Youtube. I prefer gaming to watching videos/music.

I do both at the same time. I'm doing it right now.

I'm watching The Dark Knight is Confused. It's a cool parody. I'd show it, but it has the H word, and it can't be shown here on TDN because of that. So search it up.

At the same time I am playing Madden 11.

I think we have turkey at my house.....but it depends heavily on the family. Some people might even eat Haggis if they were British.

It's such a relief to be done with that. I almost had to give up applying early decision. I still have several short essays for scholarships, but those won't take long.

Congrats on finishing the essay!

When was the early decision deadline?

Guys, guess what? I've finished my college application essay! I'm done! Finished! :woot: I have officially applied to college!

:woot: Congratulations!!! Nice job getting it in before the deadline. ;)