Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Finding a cure would be great! Personally, I want to be a cardiologist. The heart has always fascinated me. Plus a lot people have heart problems.

Wow, really? I'm learning basic cardiology stuff in school now and I must say it's REALLY hard :worried: it's so complicated.

As for cancer.. yeah it sucks. My sympathies to anyone who has lost someone because of it.

I am wondering though.. if someone has lung cancer, but he/she is a smoker, do you still feel bad for them, or would you consider it 'their own fault'? (question to everyone)

Sometimes I would and sometimes I wouldnt. Like my dad, he smokes 1 cigarette a day (max) and he is trying REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to quit. Same with all of my neighbors. But then are people to dont care and they think smoking is cool.

I am wondering though.. if someone has lung cancer, but he/she is a smoker, do you still feel bad for them, or would you consider it 'their own fault'? (question to everyone)

This one, I'm torn on. Some people, do it for stress reasons. (Like my husband and his family) Others... well, I honestly have no idea why they do it. I've never smoked, never tried it. I really dislike it.

My husband was a smoker. (As is his parents) He started when he was 11. He smoked until 21. When we got together, he quit completely.

This is kinda similar to people who get skin cancer. If it was someone who would purposefully get sunburns, or whatever, just to look tan. Or was it like my grandpa, who was a crane operator, who spent 10 hour days, on top of cranes so high, that you went up in the morning and stayed until the day was over. He had skin cancer on his ears from that.

My mom used to lay out in the sun to tan when she was younger, putting on baby oil. But that was before people knew about the damage and skin cancer. Or with me, I loved being outside. I used sunscreen most of the time. I burned a couple times every summer, almost. I have extremely fair skin. I can put on massive amounts of sunscreen, and I still burn. I do better now... but if it happened to me... it wouldn't be a horribly shocking thing, since I know how fair my skin is.

I know, it's kind of a mean question ;p but not to judge, I'm just curious.

I think that people (me included of course) always judge. Even if it's just for a second. Like when we see someone who is obese and he/she is eating a burger and fries. If it's just for a second, we think 'no wonder he/she is obese'. I think it's the same with smokers and lung cancer.

I would still feel bad for them because they may have started before people knew as much about smoking and everything today, basically you just never know why she started so I still feel bad for anyone who is put in the situation of having cancer.

I have to agree with Swim Freak on that. But they can't really use the addicting excuse becasue they had to ahve started by themselves and they have anti-smoker pills...

Also, today has been my best day ever! ^^

1. I turned 13 today

2. Me and my mom went to Dunkin doughnuts for breakfast and they gave me a free doughnut

3. Half day at schol

4. No homework

5. Did nothing but have fn at school today

6. Harvard wrote back to me and I got a sticker(Now on the front of my laptop)

7. Spring break has started

8. Got 55$ in Gift cards

9. Got DS charger, a kit kat, chips, a soda, rare pokemon cards, gum, and multiple cards.

10. Me and my BEST freinds ever got 4 hours of unlimited laser tag, plus acess toan arcade, 4 gallons of soda, and 2 pizzas.

11. Hilarious ride home with freinds

I know, it's kind of a mean question ;p but not to judge, I'm just curious.

I think that people (me included of course) always judge. Even if it's just for a second. Like when we see someone who is obese and he/she is eating a burger and fries. If it's just for a second, we think 'no wonder he/she is obese'. I think it's the same with smokers and lung cancer.

No. I agree with what you're saying. It was definitely easier for me to judge before. I never knew anyone that smoked personally. But now I do know a bit more behind the scenes. But even then... it can be quick.

Though with the obese thing... I have a way easier time understanding that. My grandma was a Type 1 diabetic. She had to be on insulin. She followed her eating plan, and watched her diet meticulously. She exercised as much as she could for her age. And because of the insulin, she could not lose weight. If she wasn't absolutely crazy careful, she would gain, for no reason at all.

Plus I've known many people who gained due to medications.

Though the majority of the time, it isn't a medical reason. A lot of people just don't care.

I would still feel bad for them because they may have started before people knew as much about smoking and everything today, basically you just never know why she started so I still feel bad for anyone who is put in the situation of having cancer.

I agree with this. You never know.

I have to agree with Swim Freak on that. But they can't really use the addicting excuse becasue they had to ahve started by themselves and they have anti-smoker pills...

Also, today has been my best day ever! ^^

1. I turned 13 today

2. Me and my mom went to Dunkin doughnuts for breakfast and they gave me a free doughnut

3. Half day at schol

4. No homework

5. Did nothing but have fn at school today

6. Harvard wrote back to me and I got a sticker(Now on the front of my laptop)

7. Spring break has started

8. Got 55$ in Gift cards

9. Got DS charger, a kit kat, chips, a soda, rare pokemon cards, gum, and multiple cards.

10. Me and my BEST freinds ever got 4 hours of unlimited laser tag, plus acess toan arcade, 4 gallons of soda, and 2 pizzas.

11. Hilarious ride home with freinds

Happy birthday a little late SS. :)

Congrats on the new phone! What kind is it? I have the Samsung Impression, touch screen and full keyboard. Sadly, my parents wont let me get internet because it is too expensive.

I have the same as you Divyadamini. I have a picture of where I used Duct tape to write HAMS in the middle of the street outside my house as my wallpaper and my ringtone is Crossing tones. xD

On 3/14/2010 at 8:18 AM, Super Squirrel said:

and today my best freind ever who's been innactive for months just logged in! ^^

It was [removed] wasn't it?

I have some sort of phone, I don't know, it's from AT&T I know that.

No actually. I still talk with [removed] at the HAMS site. For some reason he's not allowed here anymorebut he say he wasn't notified about it.

It' Chessa. We used to run a popular AC guild together.

Although, as I talk to her i'm suspecting it's not her but someone that just got into her account. She dosen't even remember what TDN is nor that she has an account. And we have another freind called Kat that isn't back either and they're neighbors in RL so if one comes the other should come and if not, it's jus kinda like her to immediatley explain something such as that. mellow.gif

I have the same as you Divyadamini. I have a picture of where I used Duct tape to write HAMS in the middle of the street outside my house as my wallpaper and my ringtone is Crossing tones. xD

I get to have 2 wallpapers on my phone, on the front outside screen and on the internal one, where the full keyboard is. On the outside, I have a picture of a bridge in Long Beach, CA that I took last year. On the inside is a picture of our wedding rings.

And I have 5 ringtones. 1 Nickelback (Never Gonna Be Alone), 2 Brendan James (Hero's Song, The Other Side), 1 John Mayer (Daughters), 1 Jason Mraz (The Dynamo of Volition)