Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

@Spritzie: Yeah, well, if I'd been playing Neo for the 7.5 years you'd been playing before you joined TDN, plus the about 2.5 years since you've joined TDN (really? It's just that long), I'd have started playing Neo when I was...lemme see, going to be 14 in less than a month, 7.5+2.5=10...since I was about 4...

My main Neopets account will be turning 10 years old on April 26th, and just 5 days! I can't wait for more additional transfers for my account. I'm solely surprised that I started playing Neopets when I was only 10 years old and did not a lot about Neopets. These days... I've been doing what it takes to get more involved in the new Neopets world as well as adapting myself to many new things Neopets had to offer.

I'm not sure if I should get either a Krawk or Draik (though I want both) as a way to celebrate my 10th Neopets anniversary... I'll figure something out.

My favorites

1. Vinyl Scratch

2. Derpy Hooves

3. Applejack

4.Fluttershye(I have a Uni named after her)

My least favorite is Rarity. She just comes off as a bit too prissy.

For my top five:

1. Derpy Hooves

2. Octavia

3. Vinyl Scratch

4. Fluttershy

5. Twilight Sparkle

If Derpy wasn't so adorable, Octavia would surely take #1 spot since I just love her overall look and how fans depict her.

I don't like Rarity as much either, but I can't help but admit I enjoy her episodes a bit more :P

Also, that season finale was AWESOME!

-ish, but I think Japan cranks out a lot of Justin-Bieber-esque pop stars. I just got back from NYC, those T-Shirts are interesting. I like how in Chinatown, every 5 feet they sell knockoff watches. I'm proud of my race. In Little Italy, food is the main focus. My school arranged for us to do everything interesting in NYC. I got a bad fever, and couldn't breath well for a bit one night, but I took a Tylenol and my vitality returned. We saw Wicked and Spiderman on Broadway. Wicked was better by a long shot. (Wicked was the most amazing prequel ever). I could go on and on, but...

I've never watched MLP, and I'm not really sure if I want to...

Like I tell myself and other friends, just watch the first 3 episodes of any show and see if you enjoy it or not.

If you do, then continue on and enjoy without thinking what others have to say about it.

If you don't, then move on and repeat with a different show.

3 episodes is plenty since the 1st episode of any show doesn't help justify anything and 3 is my favorite number so huzzah!

The main reason I see people not wanting to give MLP a shot is because it has "pony" and "friendship" in the title. That was ALMOST the reason I didn't watch it in the beginning. But I followed the 3 episode rule and my goodness, I fell in love with the show! The art is truly magnificent and can easily surpass any cartoons out right now (including Adventure Time).

The characters are more in-depth than what you would expect from a pony series. Plus another thing I totally love are the references to other shows and movies like King Kong, 007, The Big Lebowski (not even intended for children!), Star Wars, Chocolate Rain, I Love Lucy, and lots more.

I love recommending this series mainly because people really are putting it down because of the title. Even statistics show that it's mainly older MALES that love the show. They are the ones that probably help the fandom get more noticed and even grabbed my attention.

So yeah, give it shot, enjoy it or move on ^^

Same here ^^ I grew up with the original ponies and toys and as I got older, I saw maybe one of the later episodes from the early 2000s and yeah...it really became more girly for even me.

The new one that is out now (the 4th generation) really is different compared to the past ones and have gained more fans than I would think possible.

Can't blame them since creative ideas are running low. That's why we're getting more movies based on books, movie remakes, or "true events".

I still like to watch cartoons every now and then if they interest me. Pokemon lost me after they went to a new region and then every other new cartoon are now rarely hand-drawn.

I don't generally watch much of anything anymore. I like seeing books I've enjoyed made into movies though, as long as they don't screw it up, like they did with Clive Cussler's book Sahara. The casting was so horribly done.

My mom got me reading one of her favorite series from Janet Evanovich (Well, more I got her the series to re-read after her surgery, and when she wasn't ready for them yet, I got bored and ended up reading them) and the first book was made into a movie recently. Her and I are going to have a movie night when it comes out on DVD.

Remakes, I don't particularly like, especially if I love the first one.

Haha I remember seeing Sahara. I didn't read the book but even the movie wasn't as interesting to me.

I don't have the time to read just for fun as I would like and I just don't know which series to even get into. I do try to read fanfics since there are some talented writers in that department.

I'd been reading Cussler's books for years before that. The main character from the book, played by Matthew McConaughey, that series, he's been writing since the 70s. So I think it was a huge letdown for long time readers of the series. His character, Dirk Pitt, is always described as pure black hair, bright green eyes, and buff, but not a skinny buff, but like a football player buff. And his "side-kick" in the books, was a burly Italian guy. I have no idea what they were thinking with the little redhead. o_O

I read all the time. And as I'm always told, I read too fast. If it's a really good book, I can't put it down. I'll stay up until I finish it. On my days off work, I can read 1-2 full size books, in a day. Maybe more. I think I've probably read 7 books since I got off work for the week on Wednesday afternoon.

On that subject - I'm re-reading the Eragon series, currently on Inheritance. Well i'd never read the first book, only seen the movie. And I thought the movie was good until I read the book and realized they completely changed the plot and cut out about 3quarters of the book.

They tend to do that with the change from books to movie. Movies based off John Grisham books generally turn out pretty good, but most of the others have had really big changes, or the casting was done badly. (Like a book where one of the characters was a male English butler type, they cast as Queen Latifah.)