Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Lol, whenever I see the "all that is glitters is not gold" line, all I can think is, 'Yes. Sometimes it's the poorly written vampires that glitter, not just the gold.'

Here's my take on Hunger Games. It's the next Twilight. I have no desire to read it. :sticks her face in a Tom Clancy book:.

Haha Hunger Games a lot better than Twilight. They're not amazing, and I doubt they would have got as much hype had Twilight not previously existed, but it's definitely better material for young adults (especially girls) to be reading.

Lol, whenever I see the "all that is glitters is not gold" line, all I can think is, 'Yes. Sometimes it's the poorly written vampires that glitter, not just the gold.'

Hmm... that line makes me think of a poem written by Tolkien. Lord of the Rings are the best books of all. :D

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king.

And that makes me think of a people that was in The Outsiders, Nothing Gold Can Stay, by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower;

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf,

So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day

Nothing gold can stay.

Wow, that's a whole lot of acorns :O

Yeah...I learned that whatever my cousin gets into, that it kills it for me since she easily becomes one of those hardcore fans xD

She didn't enjoy Harry Potter as much as Twilight and I find that a shame >.> Now she's all over the Hunger Games and questions why I'm not watching the premiere and going to a symphony instead :/

It's NOBUO UEMATSU! No movie out there can make me miss this once in a lifetime chance!

Plus hearings songs like Liberi Fatali live is going drive me to fangirl mode x3

I'm questioning why you're gonig to a symphony instead of THG too...

Because Nobuo Uematsu is WAY more brilliant and more well known world-wide for his genius composition :laughingsmiley:

As a music lover and fellow Final Fantasy fan, I would be crazy to miss such an opportunity since he's coming near my city to perform!

He's been my idol since I was 9 years old so yeah :P

Plus it's just a movie. It can later been seen, bought, ripped, and whatever and Nobuo is only coming for these two days!

But movies you can always see later. Concerts, regardless of what type, are a super special experience. I've seen my favorite musician 10+ times over the last 10 years and each time was different and entirely unique.

Sadly a lot of people don't v.v

I know mainly FF fans know him since he's the one that made the music soo epic for years from the first Final Fantasy all the way to Final Fantasy 10 and did a few on future games (not 13 though :( )

I think he's performing in London now and then next week to my city 8D

To hear THIS song live will blow my little mind xD

@Spritzie: Wow you're so lucky! I was fortunate enough to find out from my bf that this symphony was even going to happen! Made me scream like a fangirl and buy the tickets that night x3

:D I stalk his website to find out when he's doing tours, and he always does at least one show in Colorado with each tour, sometimes more. (Last time, he did a winter and summer tour, but I only made it to the winter one)

I always drag whoever I can to go with me. I started going with 3 friends. Then it was down to 2, then 1. Then I went with my dad once. Once with a couple people I sorta knew. I did 2 of the concert cruises with my dad, and last time I went with my husband.

Next one, it will be my husband and father-in-law.

:D I stalk his website to find out when he's doing tours, and he always does at least one show in Colorado with each tour, sometimes more. (Last time, he did a winter and summer tour, but I only made it to the winter one)

I always drag whoever I can to go with me. I started going with 3 friends. Then it was down to 2, then 1. Then I went with my dad once. Once with a couple people I sorta knew. I did 2 of the concert cruises with my dad, and last time I went with my husband.

Next one, it will be my husband and father-in-law.

So Awesome :O

Nobuo Uematsu only picks like 1-2 US locations and it's never St. Louis so I never had luck ;~;

Until this year >:3

On Friday only, after the whole performance is done, I get the chance to even MEET him personally and finally get my autograph and picture :'D *gets overly excited now*

I'm dragging my bf to this since my other FF buddies don't live near me :( They would kill to go though!

That's so awesome! That's going to be so much fun. :D

I live within about an hours drive of Denver, and that's where most of the bigger name musicians play. So it's always easy to catch them.

Oooh I see :P Lucky Spritzie is lucky!

I live like more than half an hour away from the main city so I can only go when I'm really interested or if artists even go to that location xD

Such a shame...he's not doing this piece which is probably the most well known xD

And that makes me think of a people that was in The Outsiders, Nothing Gold Can Stay, by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower;

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf,

So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day

Nothing gold can stay.

Stay gold, Ponyboy. ^_^ Haha I'll never forget that book.