Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I loved Inception a lot, but my in-laws were very confused while we watched it & kept asking questions the whole time.

Speaking of in-laws, I feel your pain, Spritzie. My brother-in-law made me watch 2012 with him after I babysat his kids all day . . . & he kept pointing out stuff the whole time like "that wouldn't work that way" . . . <_<

:laughingsmiley: Hmmmm. Weird. Is there any way your brother-in-law is related to my husband? Seriously... that's all my husband did. At least he waited until after it was over, but he spent the whole drive home talking about how unrealistic this and that was. I was really irritated because I absolutely loved the movie. And I'm one of those people that doesn't care how realistic, or unrealistic something is, if it makes for an entertaining book, movie, tv show, I'm all for it.

Haha , unless there's a long lost brother that my husband & his brother don't know about, I don't think so. Though my family tends to act in that way & I do have family in Colorado, so it is possible he's related to my family somehow. They all live around Aurora & Denver though . . .

& I'm with you about being entertained, realistic or not. Don't know if anyone here has seen the movie "Bad Teacher" but we saw it at our college with some friends. One of them complained afterwards that, "I don't care if she's hot, no teacher would ever get away with all the stuff she did!" I should probably mention that she is studying to be a teacher and has very high morals and standards

:laughingsmiley: I guess it can't be then. My husband and his family are from Florida (and Connecticut.) He's the only one outside of those 2 states.

I guess I can understand it annoying some people, but I'd rather have something be more entertaining than be 100% factual or possible.

Same here. I mean the point of movies is to entertain. If they made everything super-accurate, I doubt many people would go see movies . . . unless they're history buffs like my hubby, but he's in the minority there

Steve jobs died apparently a little under 15 minutes ago. Any thoughts on this?

Just read. While I am in no way a fan of Apple and despise the way it's taken over the world, on a human level it's very sad he died at a young age (56? That's nothing in a first-world country)

I just read an article about his death in the Yahoo headlines. It's extremely sad that he died of cancer at such a young age of 56.

I salute him! :) Apple changed the world (in my opinion, because I like Apple too)!

Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. :)

When I heard the news, I was absolutely shocked. Steve Jobs touched the world.

As a Computer Sciences major, I respect Steve Jobs for what he did. But he didn't just impact us nerdy folks; he affected the average consumer. iPods and iPhones are everywhere these days. He touched the lives of people all around the world, from every nook and cranny of life. It's a shame to see him go. :(

I know. It was on google. But I heard it yesterday from my parents.

56?!? Dang! Young! He will be missed. :'(

@Ryan: Bill Gates made Microsoft, which i am planning to maybe by a stroke of luck slightly work for when I am older. :D

Here's something that'll cheer you all up:

I was never a big fan of Apple besides the phones, but I still feel sorry for all the people who are very saddened by is death, including his family. :'(

Sweetdang is right. Apple was founded by two, or is it three, people.

It's just that Steve Wozniack left, so Steve Jobs remained.

I think it's pretty sad that Apple lost their chief product developer as well as their chairman.