Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Thanks, Bean! :D Though I do have to finish the aforementioned scholarship essays so I can actually AFFORD to go to college.

Welcome. :D You will definitely get into Fulman. That is the dream college, right?

Actually it's Furman, but close enough. :P Yeah, that's where I've got my heart set on attending. I just love the atmosphere, the campus, the omelettes...

Ooops. I remember the campus from the website, it is GORGEOUS! I can totally see why you fell in love with it. And lol about the omelettes! :laughingsmiley:

You can find a LOT of stores bringing out their Christmas items in flipping October. x_x

That's especially true with stores that thrive on holidays and skip from one to the next, like Yankee Candles and Hallmark stores.

Guys, guess what? I've finished my college application essay! I'm done! Finished! :woot: I have officially applied to college!

Congrats Livvy! That's exciting. We're actually thinking of taking some business courses at a local college soon. (I'm dragging my feet though.)

I feel so young when you guys are talking about college and university and stuff and I'm still in 7th grade. *sniff*

That's why I've been avoiding the HOP. I'm in 9th grade. Way too early to think of college.

Congrats though Livvy.

Hey now! Why me? *secretly consults college plan to get back at livvy somehow* You saw nothing. :shiftyeyes_anim:

But the thing is, I actually do. :laughingsmiley: I'm a nerd. I would put the nerd emoticon, but I am too lazy to look for it.

The only thing I know is I wanna go somewhere where I fit in and could find my true passion. Which, hopefully my EXPLORE test they made us take this year, will help me determine what I should do in the future and how I should plan for it! Or at least, that's what the test is supposed to do :P

Those tests always have one of two results. Either "Wow, I never knew that about myself! :O" or "Wow, I never knew that about myself. <_<" (The latter being with intense sarcasm, in case that didn't carry clearly.)

Because Bean, I know you. =P I'm sure you'll let me know when you find the "Get back at Livvy" plans.

You're never too young to think about college. I'm sure Bean already has her schedule half planned out. :P

Yeah, but I'm sick and tired of school. I take even the smallest break of it to the fullest extent. I don't want to think of school.

You really aren't too young to start thinking about what college you'd like to go to and what you want to major in. Some of the seniors here are freaking out because they have no clue and never thought about that sort of stuff until now.

*spazzes out about scholarships because she's only collected $200 so far*

I have no college fund, either. My parents already told me that they're not going to fund anything. I have to rely completely on scholarships. :(

That's what my parents are doing. :( I've already been told if I want any education I've got to pay attention NOW instead of LATER. That's why I'm trying so hard to get good grades and do good on my Sax.

Which by the way All A's and One B and 2nd chair out of 2 :P

I've got all A's except for a B in English. Curse that woman. <_<

I have to do well on my clarinet, too. 1st chair out of 6. 5 idiots and a good successor for next year. >=3 My mother says I need to make it to All-State band this year.

Just keep practicing, Doc. I'm sure you'll do great. :D

*spazzes* Look at this prompt!

2. "The most important lesson you can learn while you are here [at Furman] is that for your life to have authentic meaning, fulfillment and consequence, you must learn the importance of connection to forces larger and greater than yourself: to larger causes and to the greater community." Rod Smolla, President, Furman University

With this in mind, briefly describe a current issue or recent event in your state or community and how it will affect its citizens in the future? More importantly, how have you, as a leader, made a difference in regards to this issue? Maximum Allowed: 500 words.

What the heck am I supposed to say about that? I'm a HIGH SCHOOL student, for goodness sake! I don't have time to go out and save the world! I'm busy trying to keep my own little world from imploding!

Awh thanks Livvy ^_^

Hm... make something up? x_x I don't know. Say you saved a cat from a burning taco building in the middle of the night in your underclothes, while missing Two and A Half Men, your fav show. Bet they get a kick outta that :P

I actually told them basically what I just told you. Here's my opening paragraph.

As much as I wish I had an impressive answer for such an impressive question, I hold more firmly to honesty than I do to self-flattery. As a high school student, I spend most of my days trying to balance school, homework, sleep, and extracurriculars. I don’t have time to go out and save the world every day, but I do what I can to keep little pieces of it from falling apart.

Those tests always have one of two results. Either "Wow, I never knew that about myself! :O" or "Wow, I never knew that about myself. <_<" (The latter being with intense sarcasm, in case that didn't carry clearly.)

Because Bean, I know you. =P I'm sure you'll let me know when you find the "Get back at Livvy" plans.

I dont like those tests. I think I know myself, so I dont need some test that is probably wrong to tell me. <_<

:P Ermmm....searching didnt go to well.