Multiple Accounts

LillytheGrundo

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many Neopets accounts do you have?

• 2-5

Hey all,

Please forgive me if this topic already exists. I searched and searched the Forums and could not find anything that really answered my questions or went into as much detail as I was looking for.

I have been noticing that almost everyone seems to have one or more side accounts which at first horrified me when I came back to Neopets after being away for a bit. I remember thinking about having another account when I first started Neopets but then reading this was strictly forbidden and if they caught you your account would be frozen with no hope of getting it back. Now there are rules for side accounts but after reading these rules I still don't see how these can be worth it.

A lot of people talk about this or that account being frozen like it's a normal thing. The thought of my account being frozen terrifies me!!

I realize that I don't know too much about this topic which is why I am asking you all in hopes of learning more.

So is it really worth it?

Thanks!

I have a couple of accounts, but I keep the site-theme different on my main so I don't get

confused and accidentally collect something I shouldn't. Mainly, I want to be able to zap

extra pets at the laboratory. Other than that, I don't really see the point either. It's harder

to dress up side account pets because you have to send the clothes over and you don't see

them as much.

Here's the TDN article on multiple accounts if you are curious. http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts/

I've got 3 accounts. The only purpose of side accounts if to store your extra pets which is what I use them for and enjoy having more than 4 pets.

Under NO circumstances can you have more than 1 main account and 4 side accounts and you will definitely get frozen for having more than 5 accounts.

You are allowed to have a maximum of 1 main account plus 4 sides accounts.

Just thought I'd make this pretty obvious.

Personally I have the maximum of accounts we can have. They mostly serve me to store my pets, and many of them have petpages. :)

I have 5 accounts. The reason why I have so many is because I wanted more pets. I find a large number of pets to be cute. I put all my side account pets in the NeoLodge though.

As everyone else has already clearly stated: more than 1 main and 4 sides is a big huge no-no.

I have 1 main, and 4 sides. Reasons for having sides include:

• Extra secret lab rays
  • Pet storage
  • Extra petpet lab rays

Other than that, I probably wouldn't have any sides. If we could have more than 4 pets per account, and more than one lab ray, I probably wouldn't bother. Too much time logging in and out all the time :P

EDIT: Just wanted to add: Extra lab rays funded by main, of course (in case it wasn't obvious).

I have 5 accounts .. 1 main and 4 sides

i use one side as my favorite gallery (music)

another side is for a second lab ray and petpet lab ray + i recently started another gallery on it

my other 2 sides are for pet storage only :)

I have one main and four sides. Mostly my sides are used for zapping so I can adopt out, I don't think I could have just one lab ray :P

If we could have 6 pets on our mains (which I think we should) I'd probably just have my main and a side ^^

Wow guys! Thanks so much for all your info! It is very interesting seeing as I have no real interest in having more than one account. I don't have the lab ray yet. Still trying to decide if it's worth the neopoints for me. If I get it I think I'll just zap my Blumaroo. :-)

Question-- can you collect avvies on sides? just as long as they aren't related to games/dailies?

Yes you may. You can get all the random/click/battledome ones but you are NOT allowed to get the game/daily ones as you correctly pointed out.

i originally had a side account because galleries didn't exist then, so you used to price your items higher than 99,999nps in your shop.

then a got a side account to have the lab ray on, which has my gourmet pet on it (but i've since lost the email and password to that account, :() I then converted the gallery account into a SDB account (no pins then)

nowadays i think neopets accounts have added features that we use to use extra accounts for. so i have my main, and now thats just it :) (although i'm still hoping TNT will give me back my side lab account!)

I love my side accounts, because it allows me to have more pets and to zap more pets as well! It also lets me use the Shop Wizard to look up quest items on my main account.

One of the only reasons I even had a side account to begin with is my first ever account had a lot of cool items attached to it and is over 7 years old. However, I hated the name when I returned from my 6-7 year hiatus and didn't want to use that as my main account. So I made a main and kept my old account as a side.

As geoterza does, I keep my site themes different on each side so I don't get confused and do something on my side account instead of my main :)

Hmm I never even new people used side accounts for extra neopets! I think I might do that now :laughingsmiley:

Your definition of new people? New members? :laughingsmiley:

As for me, I have 1 main and 4 sides too! My purpose of having all those accounts is to find a place to keep all my Kacheeks and Shoyru!

Personally I keep 5 accounts just to store pets and have an extra lab. I wish I would have never made side accounts though, so I wouldn't have to buy so many paint brushes and items to customized with, but I have a lot of nice names now so I don't want to get rid of them.

I have four accounts and have never accidentally collected anything because I make sure each site theme is a different color.

But one is a main, one is a dreamie neopet storage account and the two others are lab accounts, solely used for lab purposes.

It's worth it if you want to have a few extra pets or if you need to transfer a pet from your main so that you have space for a (lend) avatar pet. Just used different side themes to be able to tell your accounts apart and only access your side to put your Pets into the neolodge or feed/play with them,