Advent Calendar 2011 Begins!

hrtbrk

You can drink your fancy ales

You can drink em by the flagon

But the only brew for the brave and true...

Comes form the Green Dragon!

Man I love LOTR :)

same, just been watching the extended versions of the film, with commentary, and i love the books, finished them in 4 days (not alot of sleep happened)

giving us those widgets was mean :P. i didn't win anything good on mine, so i went and bought a 10 pack, now i'm addicted to the NC mall.. (and its very expensive too..) :whistle:

i loved todays animation too, especially after playing snowagers revenge for GMC :P and the sword is very nice, shame its likely to be very poor because its a freebie.. (i wonder if TNT will ever make a BD item like the petpetpets? when you unequip it its gone? but multiuse in the BD?)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'm going to have to have another LOTR marathon with all this talk :P I love the extended versions, there's so much stuff they didn't include in the edits! I'm trying to work up the courage to read The Silmarillion at the moment, which is about how Middle Earth came to be. Apparently there's a lottt of information in there so it's quite a difficult read :P

Ahh the sword from today was soooo nice!! Why is it not a wearbable?!?!? :O :sad02:

Ahh the sword from today was soooo nice!! Why is it not a wearbable?!?!? :O :sad02:

That was my thought too! I saw it and was super excited, hoping it was a wearable. I really wanted to put it on my Ice Hissi. :( But it's still gorgeous. (So gorgeous, that it should be shown off, as a wearable. :P )

That was my thought too! I saw it and was super excited, hoping it was a wearable. I really wanted to put it on my Ice Hissi. :( But it's still gorgeous. (So gorgeous, that it should be shown off, as a wearable. :P )

:ohno: That would have looked sooo awesome with an Ice Hissi! Maybe if enough people request it they'll make it wearable :) *writes to NT*

Think I'm going to have to have another LOTR marathon with all this talk :P I love the extended versions, there's so much stuff they didn't include in the edits! I'm trying to work up the courage to read The Silmarillion at the moment, which is about how Middle Earth came to be. Apparently there's a lottt of information in there so it's quite a difficult read :P

you can come over ... I have all 3 extended versions :D bring the popcorn and we're set to go ...

I read both The Hobbit and The Silmarillion as well .. The Hobbit is quite simple .. but The Silmarillion is such a pain .. it's brilliant .. but there are literally hundreds of names and I had to go back and forth many times to connect all the dots .. but once you're finished ... you feel like you uncovered a huge underground secret lol ... I have also read The Children of Hurin but it wasn't quite as good (it's edited by JRR's grandson)

As for the Snowager sword I was mighty disappointed it's not wearable :( :(

you can come over ... I have all 3 extended versions :D bring the popcorn and we're set to go ...

I read both The Hobbit and The Silmarillion as well .. The Hobbit is quite simple .. but The Silmarillion is such a pain .. it's brilliant .. but there are literally hundreds of names and I had to go back and forth many times to connect all the dots .. but once you're finished ... you feel like you uncovered a huge underground secret lol ... I have also read The Children of Hurin but it wasn't quite as good (it's edited by JRR's grandson)

As for the Snowager sword I was mighty disappointed it's not wearable :( :(

Sure! Might be a bit stale by the time I get over to Egypt though.. XD lol

I've read The Hobbit as well, tbh I think that's my favourite :P I believe The Silmarillion was also edited by his grandson if I'm not mistaken? I cant wait for all the movies to come out :D :D The Hobbit is next!!! But they're splitting it into two movies which I'm not sure about :/ It would make an awesome super-long epic!

Staying on topic: I cant remember in regards to last year, but is there a big prize on the 25th or is it just the same as the other days??

Staying on topic: I cant remember in regards to last year, but is there a big prize on the 25th or is it just the same as the other days??

The 25th is normally the same as the other days (it was last year and the year before in my opinion), but there have been big sums of Neopoints given out on the 25th (compared to other days) in the past. Only time will tell if there really will be a big prize on the 25th, but hopefully it'll be one that won't disappoint Neopets players surely.

I *loved* the Advent Calender animation today, really nice prizes too :)

I *loved* the Advent Calender animation today, really nice prizes too :)

I agree! It was adorable. She was not amused... until she saw her present. :laughingsmiley:

I don't know what I was expecting as prizes (I try to guess when I see the animations) but the plushie is cute and I always enjoy new books. :D

Today's Advent Calendar animation cracked me up when those young Neopets thought that those Christmas Kookiths were actual wrapped presents going downhill on a sled. I can't wait for the last week of Advent Calendar goodies, and I've yet to miss a day.

I was expecting something huge this Christmas Day, but what you see is what you get.

I never expected an 8-Bit theme on Christmas Day, and I also never expected that the 8-Bit Moehog Plushie would even be an Advent Calendar prize, too.

I found the animation today to be hilarious, with the BEEP BEEP BEEP backup noise XD XD XD XD And everyone on the boards was talking about a possible plot! Eh, doubt it, sorry folks, but this animation was just for entertainment. But it sure was funny!

And I loved the prizes, too. :)

I can same the same here, the animation was unexpected, but I really liked the I *Love* Lord Faerigan T-Shirt. I couldn't stop snagging them from the Second Hand Shoppe, it came in a lovely shade of purple, so I could barely resist snagging several more of them.

I found the animation today to be hilarious, with the BEEP BEEP BEEP backup noise XD XD XD XD And everyone on the boards was talking about a possible plot! Eh, doubt it, sorry folks, but this animation was just for entertainment. But it sure was funny!

And I loved the prizes, too. :)

You never know ;) The plot usually starts next month I think doesn't it? :S

It's possible TNT are just teasing but... :P

I really adore the Holiday Thief Mask! It kind of makes my Kiko look like an evil Illusen or a forest thief of sorts, here:

4.png